AVIC411.com

Combining schemes from DPDurst with IDT's mod

That is fantastic,thank you.Would it be too much of a pain to do the same but with the non msn version for those of us who can't get msn?Maybe aTMC button instead :) Thanks again.

Well I don't do any coding but I can put this together with IDT's non-msn version for you. I'll try to knock it out tonight and get it posted for you.

William

OK William,thank you very much for that.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here is the IDT 3.0 4.3 euro version with dpdurst's schemes included as per ovalball's request. >http://drop.io/bsharp8 This links to both the euro version and the msn version so make sure you download the correct one for your unit. You can find the instructions on how to load it on page 2 of this topic. If anyone needs IDT's us version with no msn please let me know and I'll try to get it up.

William

Total success.Really excellent work which gives us the best of the best.Just one thought though....what happens when IDT brings out his next update?Will it be simple to intergrate this with your what you have done already?Would you be happy to keep updating or can you tell me(and others?)whats involved.Thanks again for your work.

Total success.Really excellent work which gives us the best of the best.Just one thought though....what happens when IDT brings out his next update?Will it be simple to intergrate this with your what you have done already?Would you be happy to keep updating or can you tell me(and others?)whats involved.Thanks again for your work.

You should be able to just replace IDT's old data.zip and sys.text with his new ones but I'll check it out when he releases it. And you are very welcome.

William

Hey, All,

I just want to chime in with my findings.

I am using your schemes along with IDT's mod. I have IDT's GFX file in the DATA.ZIP and yours in the apl2/igo folder. I have put EVERYTHING in the system and I am getting no errors as I expected I wouldn't. Since I am thinking that the GFX folder in the APL2/igo directory takes precedence over the DATA.ZIP when calling up the background graphics (SKY.BMP for instance) I used to get IDT's sky with clouds when I was using my Realview Day V.6 Sunny scheme BEFORE I added your GFX file then afterwards I got just a white background. I then copied the IDT SKY.BMP over to your GFX file and all was good again so this proved my theory. But, when trying the Xerses ones I do not get any of the intended backgrounds, i.e. trees that show different season cycles with the respective schemes. I got into the color.ini file of the Xerses_Autumn V.6 for instance and I am seing the callout for the background as this:

[other]
texture="gfx/day/texture.spr"
sun="gfx/day/sun.spr"
sky="gfx/day/sky.spr"
heightcolormap="dayheightcolormap.bmp"

Should'nt this be looking for the graphics in the gfx\Xerses72\day\Autumn folder?

Thanx,

Bud

Hey, All,

I just want to chime in with my findings.

I am using your schemes along with IDT's mod. I have IDT's GFX file in the DATA.ZIP and yours in the apl2/igo folder. I have put EVERYTHING in the system and I am getting no errors as I expected I wouldn't. Since I am thinking that the GFX folder in the APL2/igo directory takes precedence over the DATA.ZIP when calling up the background graphics (SKY.BMP for instance) I used to get IDT's sky with clouds when I was using my Realview Day V.6 Sunny scheme BEFORE I added your GFX file then afterwards I got just a white background. I then copied the IDT SKY.BMP over to your GFX file and all was good again so this proved my theory. But, when trying the Xerses ones I do not get any of the intended backgrounds, i.e. trees that show different season cycles with the respective schemes. I got into the color.ini file of the Xerses_Autumn V.6 for instance and I am seing the callout for the background as this:

[other]
texture="gfx/day/texture.spr"
sun="gfx/day/sun.spr"
sky="gfx/day/sky.spr"
heightcolormap="dayheightcolormap.bmp"

Should'nt this be looking for the graphics in the gfx\Xerses72\day\Autumn folder?

Thanx,

Bud

Answered your question in my thread..

You should be able to just replace IDT's old data.zip and sys.text with his new ones but I'll check it out when he releases it. And you are very welcome.

William

Hi William

Installed IDT's latest but have lost my schemes.Thay are still there to select from map settings but when i select one i get file not found and the nav part is locked.Any ideas?Thanks.

William

Hi William

Installed IDT's latest but have lost my schemes.Thay are still there to select from map settings but when i select one i get file not found and the nav part is locked.Any ideas?Thanks.

FIxed