AVIC411.com

Combining schemes from DPDurst with IDT's mod

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just copy the file from IDT's 800_480 folder to DPDurst's.

I think you got it backwards, he is asking how to move DPDursts sheme's into IDT's mod, not the other way around. I would like to know this as well as he has some of the best schemes out there.

From my new 3.0 1.2 file you should be able to move the ui_igo8\common folder (the whole thing not just the common folder) from my data.zip to IDT data.zip (should add about 1 meg bigger size) and then you should be able to use any scheme you want from IGO 8.3 software. I seem to notice on my unit that unless I remove the - and spaces from the name of the scheme they seem to hang the unit while loading, so I have renamed all the schemes I have without those. I have about 20 more I'll be uploading as well.

"program aplication database can not find"

I moved ui_igo8 folder (all of it common, 800_400,icons,vga) to IDT data zip with 7z. what am I doing wrong??

"program aplication database can not find"

I moved ui_igo8 folder (all of it common, 800_400,icons,vga) to IDT data zip with 7z. what am I doing wrong??

Don't know haven't loaded it up myself and tested, busy with finishing up my other schemes. However the ui_igo8 folder structure should be common folder and then night and ui inside that. along with bitmaps. Sounds like you are using one of my test data.zip files before 1.2

I have put together IDT's 3.0 4.3 msn mod and dpdurst's schemes for anyone who needs it. I copied dpdurst's ui_igo8 folder into IDT's data.zip and everything works perfectly. Here's what to do. Download this filehttp://drop.io/bsharp8 and unzip it. Open the folder and you'll see six items. Copy all six items to a clean sd card. Insert the card into your unit and turn it on and it will boot into testmode.(which is included). I highly recommend backing up all your existing data. Now copy and paste the gfx folder, data.zip, sys.text, and DS-DIGI into myflashdisk/apl2/igo. Now open up the scheme folder on your card and copy and paste all the schemes into myflashdisk/apl2/igo/content. Then go into myflashdisk/apl2/user/userdata/igo/save and delete everything except fav's, if you have any. Now turn your unit off, remove the sd card and turn it back on. You should be good to go now. You can go back into testmode and open the schemes folder and pick and choose which ones you want. I think there is a limit to how many schemes you can have. I am running 48, (I think), with no issues. I am using Diaftia's mod with these schemes but I tried these in with IDT's in my car to make sure they work. Good luck!

I think there is a limit to how many schemes you can have. I am running 48, (I think), with no issues. I am using Diaftia's mod with these schemes but I tried these in with IDT's in my car to make sure they work. Good luck!

Your steps worked (thanks !), and outside of the limit to the number of schemes, the steps you gave were exactly the same as mine. I had ~53 schemes before, and with your reduced number they seem to work fine.

I have put together IDT's 3.0 4.3 msn mod and dpdurst's schemes for anyone who needs it. I copied dpdurst's ui_igo8 folder into IDT's data.zip and everything works perfectly. Here's what to do. Download this filehttp://drop.io/bsharp8 and unzip it. Copy all six items to a clean sd card. Insert the card into your unit and turn it on and it will boot into testmode.(which is included). I highly recommend backing up all your existing data. Now copy and paste the gfx folder, data.zip, sys.text, and DS-DIGI into myflashdisk/apl2/igo. Now open up the scheme folder on your card and copy and paste all the schemes into myflashdisk/apl2/igo/content. Then go into myflashdisk/apl2/user/userdata/igo/save and delete everything except fav's, if you have any. Now turn your unit off, remove the sd card and turn it back on. You should be good to go now. You can go back into testmode and open the schemes folder and pick and choose which ones you want. I think there is a limit to how many schemes you can have. I am running 48, (I think), with no issues. I am using Diaftia's mod with these schemes but I tried these in with IDT's in my car to make sure they work. Good luck!

So far so good. I havn't tried all the schemes yet, but it does look good. Thanks.

I think there is a limit to how many schemes you can have. I am running 48, (I think), with no issues. I am using Diaftia's mod with these schemes but I tried these in with IDT's in my car to make sure they work. Good luck!

Your steps worked (thanks !), and outside of the limit to the number of schemes, the steps you gave were exactly the same as mine. I had ~53 schemes before, and with your reduced number they seem to work fine.

Yeah I wasn't sure how many schemes everyone had before they started. Just wanted to make sure someone didn't load up 80 schemes and have the unit freeze up on them. I'm glad it worked out for you.

William

I have put together IDT's 3.0 4.3 msn mod and dpdurst's schemes for anyone who needs it. I copied dpdurst's ui_igo8 folder into IDT's data.zip and everything works perfectly. Here's what to do. Download this filehttp://drop.io/bsharp8 and unzip it. Copy all six items to a clean sd card. Insert the card into your unit and turn it on and it will boot into testmode.(which is included). I highly recommend backing up all your existing data. Now copy and paste the gfx folder, data.zip, sys.text, and DS-DIGI into myflashdisk/apl2/igo. Now open up the scheme folder on your card and copy and paste all the schemes into myflashdisk/apl2/igo/content. Then go into myflashdisk/apl2/user/userdata/igo/save and delete everything except fav's, if you have any. Now turn your unit off, remove the sd card and turn it back on. You should be good to go now. You can go back into testmode and open the schemes folder and pick and choose which ones you want. I think there is a limit to how many schemes you can have. I am running 48, (I think), with no issues. I am using Diaftia's mod with these schemes but I tried these in with IDT's in my car to make sure they work. Good luck!

So far so good. I havn't tried all the schemes yet, but it does look good. Thanks.

Excellent. Glad it's working out.

William

Should'nt the GFX files be in addition to the existing GFX folder in the data.zip?

Thanx,

Bud

Well the gfx folder that you already had was for IDT's schemes I presume. On dpdurst's website he states that the gfx folder he has listed works with his schemes so I would replace the one you had with the new one.

William

That is fantastic,thank you.Would it be too much of a pain to do the same but with the non msn version for those of us who can't get msn?Maybe aTMC button instead :) Thanks again.

Well I don't do any coding but I can put this together with IDT's non-msn version for you. I'll try to knock it out tonight and get it posted for you.

William