AVIC411.com

F500BT 3.0 PLT and APL dump..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tu full F500bt update I need flash WINCE, replace APL and APL2(from f900 3.0) ?

When you use format option to update Wince, internal flash gets formated and you lose everything, not just APL and APL2. Backup the whole flash disk and then copy it back (assuming you are at 3.0 already).

Mayebe I'm just impatient but, how long does the wince update take?

My unit says "Reading Progress:100%" now for 5 minutes. Is that normal?

EDIT: Solved it. Make sure, the only files on SD-Card are the update files. After retrying several times, it finally worked.

Well, for now I can say, that from the moment I turn on the unit, it takes exactly 35 seconds (no SD card or USB attached) to enter the settings menu. I don't remember 2.0xx beeing that fast.

Device seems to be more responsive than before the update- Have to try media playback yet.

For now, I can tell you, that it was worth a try.

Yeah, I've just tried this v3.0 (not done the WinCE update tho) and I cant get BT connected/paired. Anyone have any ideas on what's gone wrong or a fix to this prob? BT is crucial for me, I use it very often :?

@ cacab and Ok-Alex: have you installed the WinCE or just APL?

For some reason there is no longer a BT software update for the F500 on the Pioneer EU site..... WTF????????

But thanks to a bit of searching I found this recent post in the Troubleshooting forum

>>>>>>>

1) I deleted the My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/Setup and My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGO/save folders. I don't think this step matters only the next step, but someone else fixed their problems just by doing this.

2) Then I rebooted and replaced the My Flash Disk/APL/parrot.dll and My Flash Disk/APL/parrot.ini files with the same files from the free 2.06 update from the Pioneer website.

>>>>>>>

I carried out step 1 and that did it for me, no need for step 2.

Thanks go to bmaninoc for his post :D

Did you try both steps in my last post?

I can only suggest you try finding the Pioneer SW-330 update, although I had no luck googling it. Fk knows why Pioneer EU aint got it there any more, just shows how much they value us as customers........

Also try a search on the Troubleshooting forum, you may get a result.

Good luck :wink: