AVIC411.com

MSN Direct $99 Lifetime NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I think the code will work, but you have to get ahold of one of these cards before they are gone. I noticed that MSN direct has the $50 per year for all of their devices, not just the Pioneer one.

Glad I got my order in, it is currently in Maumee OH and will be delivered on the 21st!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. I did find a bunch of them at the 6th of 6 Best Buy's I called in the Denver area today. Picked up one for me, one for VBlue42 and have 5 more. If anyone wants one, just let me know. Cost is $129.99 + $6.00 (about $5.00 for paypal fees and $1.00 for a stamp and envelope). 5 left, get them while your their hot. Again, I hope this doesn't violate any forums rules. I just realized that I almost missed out on this deal and didn't want anyone else too as well. My email is justin.retzlaff@gmail.com. Email me first if you are interested and I'll get things rolling. First pay, first serve.

PS - for what it's worth, the 5 stores that I called that did not have them checked and said there are no more on order and they do not currently have the capability of ordering one. I'm can't confirm that these are not longer going to be stocked at Best Buy, but judging by the signs, it looks like MSN is getting out of the lifetime subscription all together. And since I'm not selling these for profit, should enforce that I'm not doing this for the buck, just to make sure that everyone that wants one, gets one (or at least the first 5 people that call me). Cheers everyone.

Sorry guys went last night and the two local Best Buys had pulled them from the shelf per MSN. Looks like they realized there was more money to make. Personally I think Pioneer made a big mistake pulling the option for XM traffic, as I am not very pleased with MSN. But I am sure MSN through money at them and got the deal.

I would recommend adding a couple dollars for insurance. These things are like cash. You could also just exchange the card numbers over email or phone after payment. No need to actually ship the card...

Excellent point. So be it. Anyone that needs one, just let me know. I can send you the number and then destroy the card. Or can I even scan an image of the scratched off card to you to so you can see it's legit. I'll be sure to destroy all cards after their numbers are divulges, so don't delete your email ;)

I've decided to sell my Z110BT. I have an MSN Lifetime Card which is not activated and the code has not been scratched off. I'll send the code for $130 flat. Just looking to come close to breaking even at this point.

Sorry to hear youre unhappy w/ it.....What unit are you getting to replace it?

I actually just got a DNX6140 from my neighbor in exchange for installing another head unit in his other car. The car that the DNX6140 came out of is getting sold so he's giving it to me as payment for installing/uninstalling everything for him. At this point, I can't justify the money I just spent on the Z110/MSN Tuner/Subscription card when I have a perfectly good Kenwood/Garmin that was pretty much FREE in my eyes.

I actually just got a DNX6140 from my neighbor in exchange for installing another head unit in his other car. The car that the DNX6140 came out of is getting sold so he's giving it to me as payment for installing/uninstalling everything for him. At this point, I can't justify the money I just spent on the Z110/MSN Tuner/Subscription card when I have a perfectly good Kenwood/Garmin that was pretty much FREE in my eyes.

So it's not so much that you are unhappy with it, just makes more sense to take the "free" setup. Do I understand you right?

I just got a long drawn out email from Best Buy that my MSN Direct One-Time Prepaid Navigation Service Subscription Card may not have been activated properly. If it doesn't work properly I can call some number or return it to Best Buy for a full refund.

So these cards may not work anymore. Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and I will post what I find.

Earlier today while trying to activate my card on the web site it would not work. You apparently need to be using IE on a PC to get acces to their site. Anyway, I call MSN to activate. They asked me if I was activateing a lifetime or yearly subcription. I replied that it was a lifetime subscription and he replied, "ok". I wasn't able to activate over the phone because they are unable to do so over the phone but the rep I spoke to never indicated that the lifetime subscription was a problem. Later I used Windows and IE to activate and it went through without a problem.

Ok just got my comfrmation email from MSN that shows that I now have a lifetime subscription. So this should ease any concerns about these cards. The only problem I had was trying to activate the service with the Safari browser on the Mac. I pulled up Windows and IE and was able to activate without problem. This is all thanks again to forum member 6605stang for finding the last remianing cards and offering to provide us an opperatunity to take advantage of this service.