AVIC411.com

Hands Free Bluetooth poor sound quality

Out of curiosity, where is your IPhone's BT volume set at? And where is your Z110BT BT volume set at?

I don't know if it's an issue with the newer Z's.... But with the older ones, because of the fact that they didn't have BT volume control(during a call)... It was imperative that you had the BT volume on your cell turned up all the way when you paired it to the unit... Otherwise you could not hear anybody, regardless how much you turned up the BT volume on the Z.... In other words, the Z would store where you phone's BT volume was set, during pair... So the idea was to crank everything(phone BT and Z BT) up to as loud as it would go when you pair them.... from there, you can just turn it down on the unit if it was too loud...

Knowing that, I made sure I did just that with this one as well.... So I wonder if this could have anything to do with it...

So if you feel like trying it...

-turn your IPhone's BT volume all the way... ***With the IPhone....You can ONLY do this during a call with a BT handsfree connected***

-turn the Avic's BT volume all the way up via the settings menu

-unpair them.... On the old Z's, you had to reset the unit... I don't think you have to on the Z110BT's dunno ???

-then repair them,

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-unpair them.... On the old Z's, you had to reset the unit... I don't think you have to on the Z110BT's dunno ???

Same thing on the 110. The only way to delete a paired phone is to reset the unit or to pair another five different phones which will replace the one that is already paired. There is also no way to repair a phone that is already paired unless it is deleted.

I have no issues with others hearing me. Ive been told it doesnt even sound like im on a cell phone or a speakerphone. I have an HTC (T-Mobile) G1, installed in an '08 Ford Expedition, and my mic is located on the Driver's visor closest to the A-pillar.

My issue is that I have a heard time hearing people over the speakers of my truck. Maybe its just the speakers, or the volume settings, i need to do more playing around.

I read in another forum (U-series I think) where they were having the same issue, of bad-sound on the other end.

A few people purchased Garmin mics $12.99 @ Frys, and it cured the problem. I purchased one today, will try having it installed this week.. Will report back what happens.

TypeS, did you ever try the Garmin mic from Fry's? If so, how did it work and which model# did you try?

I actually purchased the Parrot double mic and it works pretty well on the phone calls. Not much difference with the VR capabilities on the IPod. Everyone I talk to says that they can hear me very well. Make sure you get the one off Ebay that has the low shipping cost (its in British Pounds so the dollar is minimized). Otherwise, you will be paying a total of $40 which is way too much for this mic.

After setting all my presets, when you press the preset button (on screen) you get a list of 1 thru 6 of your presets. I guess the idea is that you can pull up the list of your presets and select the one you want. The screen shows 6 blank bars. I you press the bar, it will go to that preset but it doesn't show what the presets are. I can remember what most of them are for FM but my Sirius has so many presets it would be nice to save them and browse thru them. Follow?

Yup I know what you mean. Pioneer really Slacked on this. I'm astonished on how a $50 Sirius Radio is better than a $1400 Flag Ship Pioneer Deck. No station image, the information read is so vague some times. Very stingy on this and I'm not happy at all, hopefully with this update coming, It'll work a lot better.

I read in another forum (U-series I think) where they were having the same issue, of bad-sound on the other end.

A few people purchased Garmin mics $12.99 @ Frys, and it cured the problem. I purchased one today, will try having it installed this week.. Will report back what happens.

TypeS, did you ever try the Garmin mic from Fry's? If so, how did it work and which model# did you try?

I did purchase the mic, but have not had it installed yet. It requires the deck to be pulled, and a bunch of re-routing of wires. So my buddy has not had time to open it up yet.

I also noticed Parrot has a new dual microphone on their 9200 model. I wonder if it uses the same input?

Its the same connector. I tried it with my F90 and it didn't make any difference. Not sure if the Z would have any different software or chipset to allow the dual mic to help

I did purchase the mic, but have not had it installed yet. It requires the deck to be pulled, and a bunch of re-routing of wires. So my buddy has not had time to open it up yet.

I also noticed Parrot has a new dual microphone on their 9200 model. I wonder if it uses the same input?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a topic that seems to have never come to a clear answer.

I located my stock mic on the steering wheel, fairly close to my mouth. While people can hear you, there is a definite background noise - akin to having windows open in the car.

It sounds like some have gotten new (different) mics - but I'm not clear on if this fixes the issue. My Z is 1 month old (new production).

Is it possible that the problem may lie in what cars the unit is install into and how the wires are run? since all other logical solutions dont seem to have consistant results im thinking perhaps the actual wiring for the mic is receiving electrical interference from other nearby wires in the car. maybe wrap the entire mic cable in electrical tape to shield it?

im not a technician so it may not be a realistic possibility but i thought i'd throw that out there just in case.