AVIC411.com

Diaftia's menu poll. Hybrid mod users need your feedback

Which menu system do you like?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which menu system do you like?

• I like the old larger menu system
    • I like the new quick menu system

***EDIT*** Check page 2 for what the new menu would look like.

So I have had some people say they like the old version better that keeper redesigned and I have had some say they like the new version better. If you are a user of either or both can you take a vote here and let me know which system you prefer?

Here is the old style (Pros: easy to use, easy to mod and easy to add icons to; Cons: covers whole map when up):

New style (Pro's: Doesn't cover the map when up; Cons: harder to modify for n00bs):

post-26802-12872759921532_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872759926347_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872759930851_thumb.jpg

post-26802-1287275993538_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Diaftia, your work just keeps getting better & better. I voted for the older larger style; for me its just easier to use while moving. If we were using the stock version we would have to hit menu and deal with all of that so the older larger style is still a vast improvement and the map is only hidden for a short period of time. Thanks, just my two cents.

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback guys. My thoughts are that if I do go with the larger buttons I might work on some transparency for the background. But then you go into the situation where you have to hide everything that is on the map and then unhide when things are selected. Can get ugly. We'll see though.

Lets keep those votes coming in. :)

Ditto on the big icons. Small targets are just too tough to hit when you're driving (example: I've modded copy of your mod to make the next turn icon to be the nav mute instead, since it's big and closest to me and what I use the most in the map). Mind you, most of the quick menus shouldn't be used while driving period, but smaller targets make for less accuracy when stopped at the light. :D

Ditto on the big icons. Small targets are just too tough to hit when you're driving (example: I've modded copy of your mod to make the next turn icon to be the nav mute instead, since it's big and closest to me and what I use the most in the map). Mind you, most of the quick menus shouldn't be used while driving period, but smaller targets make for less accuracy when stopped at the light. :D

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, did you vote in the poll above? There are four for big icons on the thread so far but the poll still says three.

I like the old style best. It's just more visually appealing to me. The big buttons are nice because my big fingers can push them while I'm driving without accidentally missing, haha!

I agree with this completely, I dont have very large fingers but the bigger buttons are nice while driving and bumping around you dont miss and mess up while driving causing a bigger distraction

I know some people think this covers the whole screen but why does that matter? it's only for a few seconds which is not a big deal

I feel the large icons look more professional as well as being easier to use

Let's hope enough users agree so we can get the old style back in this mod :)

Thanks diaftia for making this poll I really appreciate it

Alex I wonder if it would be possible to enlarge the menu button on the map screen if you decide to do the large icon thing. I'm guessing you might be limited in size when using the quick menu small icons so everything fits on the screen, but may be able to double the size of the button with the older larger setup. Just a thought on improving the usability for us folks with big fat fingers. Thanks.

Alex I wonder if it would be possible to enlarge the menu button on the map screen if you decide to do the large icon thing. I'm guessing you might be limited in size when using the quick menu small icons so everything fits on the screen, but may be able to double the size of the button with the older larger setup. Just a thought on improving the usability for us folks with big fat fingers. Thanks.

Trust me... I am 6'3" and have large hands myself so I know its a little tough. I have already doubled that button from the size it originally was when the quick menu first came out. But yes, if I don't have to account for the quick menu I get the entire left side of the screen back when not in route and should be able to make it larger. Even the in route button is currently slightly larger than the not in route button. What I will probably do is make it a transparent background button that has a touch point that is twice the size of what the button actually looks like.

I am currently using the new small style but I would prefer the old one with larger buttons myself. I think for overall functionality & safety its a better choice. While you may have more options available with fewer button taps on the small style; you have to focus more to see what the heck your selecting. So what if the map gets covered for a few seconds, I could probably get around faster with the larger buttons. Like most others have said, the larger ones would be a better choice IMO.