AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

The original coding does not operate this way. It seems to remeber the current display settings.

When you say original coding do you mean the original pioneer igo? I tried IDT's mods and my original version of mods and they both behave as my current version does. Can anyone name a specific set of mods that does this so I can go in and see how it behaves?

EDIT: Also tried the original 3.0 unmodified and it doesn't do it either. At least in an emulator. I will go and try it tomorrow on the way to work. Every time I do this I realize how nice it is to have all these features!

I have gone in and really looked at the code. I think its really impossible for it to remember that you were in overview mode. When it exits overview, which it does when you enter another state, it resets the mapstate to what you had it at before it went into overview mode. I believe this is by design as you would be "locked" into overview mode zoomed out at whatever level you set (2mi by default) until a turn came up within that distance. I believe this is by design for that reason alone. I have checked my old mods, IDT's mods and the stock 3.0 mods and they all exit overview when clicking away from the map.

Ugh, now that that is over I hope to package everything up tonight. I got the distance to turn meter on the new split screen working just about perfect. There was a delay in it before that I worked out so it seems to work perfect now. Also added the speedcam to it. The only complaint that I can see is that there might be too much information on the new screen. We'll see how it goes. Looking forward to the feedback on it.

All this and I am still managing to get work done and keep the wife semi happy. ;)

I am not sure what is happening but I do know that the overview mode does not operate as it should/did. Sometimes when i enter a route that does not require a turn for over 3km is will be display in 3d mode(should be in 2d mode). Also when i try to switch back to 2d mode it will not zoom out to the settings that are selected in the overview menu. I have to stop the route and restart. Remember I am not complaining I think you mod is amazing, just letting you know that the overview mode is crippled. I do allot of traveling and the overview mode is a feature that I always use.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Ive looked through the posts but havent found out my problem listed.

Im using the F500 and am using the amp that goes with it My problem after installing this update is that it is basically telling the amp there is constant sound coming from F500 but there isnt. The problem with this is the amp overrides my stereo so I can hear any music. I tried switching the audio to both instead of preout but that didnt help either.

Another problem I have is that when on the map screen it wont go back to navigation mode after I scrolled over to look at another part of the city. I havent looked into this yet but will be soon.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Diaftia,

thank you for your great work. I've a history in using i-go 2006 and igo 8 on the pda / ppc. So i've tested the mod for the eu today on my F910 and I can say that it works nearly perfect. I've just a few minor issues, may'be you could have a look into it:

- Sometimes the map shows the 2D view (even when I left it the last time in the 3D mode) and I have to switch back into 3D Mode

- I can't find a button or something like this to switch to the TMC functionality or to show the traffic messages

- You use the "old-style" directional arrows from i-go 8.0 instead of the new ones from i-go 8.3, is there a reason for that?

KInd regards

Andreas

Hi Alex,

Your mods have been working great on my F90BT for about a week now and I would like to PayPay you something for the mods -- it's a big improvement over the standard nav interface. What email address should I send to through PayPal?

Thanks

Ray

Thanks for the offer Ray. Send donations to ajgregory@me.com.

Thanks!

Alex, i finally got everything working. it is beautiful. never have i seen so many try so hard to improve a product for no other reason than to benefit others. can you imagine if the whole world worked that way?? You guys are the greatest.

I have some questions i want to go over with anybody willing to discuss them but i want to do them one at a time so it is easier. i'll start with the one that i think i am least likely to be able to solve because it may be outside of the realm of the this forum.

can you add septate eq buttons to the top of the screen above artist, playlists, etc... so i don't have to toggle all the way through each eq setting to get to the custom settings? i have playlists that contain both hip hop and hard rock and they sound better with different eq settings.

it would be nice if i could toggle between powerful and custom 1 or 2 without going thru flat, vocal,etc.....

Haha, thanks. I do what I can. ;)

I wish I could but these features (EQ) are stuff that is controlled by Pioneer and not part of the iGo application. There is really not to much that can be integrated between the Pioneer and iGo stuff. The Bluetooth icon is pretty much the extent of it at this point.

2nd qustion is how do i get the tools needed to do my own themes n schemes? i love mayhems red screen but i would like to add a different image for the contacts like abb1 did. i tried setting up a emulator on windows se7en but no luck with it. is there a beginners course to help get to the next level?

You pretty much need to have Photoshop and then swap out the images that are in image.res. I have not played with that side a lot. What I do know is that you can make it look different by using different images in the place of the originals. But of you want to rearrage things that cannot be done. I would try one of their threads or start a new one. You can go into a lot of detail on this.

I have a question about the speedcam.

Is the speedcam included Toronto, Canada?

And where do you get the speedcam location in .txt, most of the speedcam file I have download are in .kml or .csv format, and I do not know how to convert to .txt format.

Also, I see there are two file which are "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt" and "Speed_Trap.txt" put in the same folder, so our unit can combine two files and display it?

Thanks

I believe it just includes the US. To find more files just do a google search for "speedcam igo8". I did a really quick search and found this (although you can find something more current since this is October 2008):

http://www.gpsunderground.com/forums/sh ... php?t=2644

Yes it will read all files in there as long as they have the correct header info as far as I know.

Alex

I am not sure what is happening but I do know that the overview mode does not operate as it should/did. Sometimes when i enter a route that does not require a turn for over 3km is will be display in 3d mode(should be in 2d mode). Also when i try to switch back to 2d mode it will not zoom out to the settings that are selected in the overview menu. I have to stop the route and restart. Remember I am not complaining I think you mod is amazing, just letting you know that the overview mode is crippled. I do allot of traveling and the overview mode is a feature that I always use.

I have done extensive testing on this and everyone is reporting that it is working correctly. Can you give me some steps to reproduce the problem and detail exactly what is happening? I have not seen a problem so I don't know what to fix.

Ive looked through the posts but havent found out my problem listed.

Im using the F500 and am using the amp that goes with it My problem after installing this update is that it is basically telling the amp there is constant sound coming from F500 but there isnt. The problem with this is the amp overrides my stereo so I can hear any music. I tried switching the audio to both instead of preout but that didnt help either.

Another problem I have is that when on the map screen it wont go back to navigation mode after I scrolled over to look at another part of the city. I havent looked into this yet but will be soon.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Joe

The changes that I make in no way would effect the state your unit is telling your amp to turn on/off. These are iGo8/Navigation only changes. I can 100% guarantee you that even if you reverted back to stock you would have the problem. I would do more troubleshooting and possibly start another thread on it in the troubleshooting section.

I am not sure what you mean on this. When you scroll away from the GPS location there are two ways to get it back to the original position. One is to click the little car icon that appears on the map. The other is to hit the hard map button. If that is not happening I would delete the save files and start with a fresh boot.

Alex,

Any news on Merton3000 upgrading V2.3 with his EU version?Love the latest mod,espicially the new quick menu sub menu?????I think it's more or less perfect now...but I bet you have other changes up your sleeve :lol:

I know he is working on getting the TMC going. Had some problems with it I guess. He sent me some screen shots but I could not get them from rapidshare. Hopefully soon.

Alex,

Any news on Merton3000 upgrading V2.3 with his EU version?Love the latest mod,espicially the new quick menu sub menu?????I think it's more or less perfect now...but I bet you have other changes up your sleeve :lol:

I know he is working on getting the TMC going. Had some problems with it I guess. He sent me some screen shots but I could not get them from rapidshare. Hopefully soon.

OK,thank you.

Hi Diaftia,

thank you for your great work. I've a history in using i-go 2006 and igo 8 on the pda / ppc. So i've tested the mod for the eu today on my F910 and I can say that it works nearly perfect. I've just a few minor issues, may'be you could have a look into it:

- Sometimes the map shows the 2D view (even when I left it the last time in the 3D mode) and I have to switch back into 3D Mode

- I can't find a button or something like this to switch to the TMC functionality or to show the traffic messages

- You use the "old-style" directional arrows from i-go 8.0 instead of the new ones from i-go 8.3, is there a reason for that?

KInd regards

Andreas

Hmm... I have not seen the map rotation issue. I will check into it. I have one other possible reported bug related to map overview mode and maybe these two things are related. I just havent seen it yet. If you can give me any steps to reproduce the problem that would be great. If its simply leaving it in 3D and it reverting back to 2D that I can do. ;)

You can get to TMC right now by pressing the hard menu button and clicking destination. From there click the MSN image I believe. I am working with Merten3000 to put a TMC button from the quick menu so this is easier for EU people.

Regarding the directional arrows do you mean the lane info arrows? If they are at the bottom they are the old ones. If they are at the top they are the new style since they are smaller. To be honest the old ones are easier to see so I use those when at the bottom.

Thanks for the donation too!