AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

I updated to 3.xx a few months ago without any problems. It started as soon as I installed your v2.2 mod. Although I do think it's a fluke thing limited to my situation(i had your previous mod installed before this one and it worked great). Does the time that is displayed in multiple screens(map,ipod,fm,etc) all linked from one source?

They all poll from the system via the same textmodel:

textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.short_timeformat"

What I dont get is that you are saying it works fine in the navigation software and not in the cd/radio/sat etc. My mods don't touch that at all. Its impossible for them to. I would say that means its definitely an OS level thing. On top of that you would think they are all using the same source. Just odd.

Some things I would try would be to boot into testmode and see if the time syncs up properly in CE itself. If all else fails double click on the clock in test mode and see if it gets set to your timezone there. If not try changing it there and see if it saves.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Regarding the times not matching the IGO screens as opposed to the AV (win ce) screens, try booting in safe mode, go to control panel and change the time zone there. See what happens. I seem to recall something similar about a year ago with other users.

Just a note that I've got the same behavior, and I already tried setting the OS timezone through a different process (this is w/ Diaftia's 10/10 release). I used a mod I made to Diaftia's Settings->Navi Settings->Run menu to launch Explorer without needing to boot into test mode. Brought up the Date/Time control panel, there was no time zone selected (drop-down was blank) and the time was an hour ahead of what it should be. Fixed the timezone to Pacific time which automatically set the clock correctly in the taskbar and in the APL\ apps (AV.exe, etc) when I hit Apply. I have to manually select my timezone in iGo already (I've got the "Oregon means you're in Mountain Time!" bug) so not sure if there's something in the startup flow of the data.zip or not.

Regarding the times not matching the IGO screens as opposed to the AV (win ce) screens, try booting in safe mode, go to control panel and change the time zone there. See what happens. I seem to recall something similar about a year ago with other users.

Yep, tried that already through a different process (this is w/ Diaftia's 10/10 release). I used a mod I made to Diaftia's Settings->Navi Settings->Run menu to launch Explorer without needing to boot into test mode. Brought up the Date/Time control panel, there was no time zone selected (drop-down was blank) and the time was an hour ahead of what it should be. Fixed the timezone to Pacific time which automatically set the clock correctly in the taskbar and in the APL\ apps (AV.exe, etc) when I hit Apply. I have to manually select my timezone in iGo already (I've got the "Oregon means you're in Mountain Time!" bug) so not sure if there's something in the startup flow of the data.zip or not.

Not hi-jack this thread, but did you try adding this to sys.txt:

[timezone]

sync_os_timezone=0

reset_os_timezone=0

This will be my last post in this thread regarding this. Sorry Alex

Thanks for the kind words man. I appreciate it. I am always willing to help out whenever possible.

When you say you don't get clouds, do you mean as in the picture I posted a few posts above? I think I know what you are talking about. You can do 1 of 2 things. Either go into the smart zoom settings and adjust the tilt parameters to the far right, or turn off smart zoom and touch the screen to bring up the 3d controls. Tilt the setting to where you like it. With smartzoom off it will save it where you leave it. I personally like smartzoom so i would just adjust the sliders to the far right.

yes, if i pan up i get a sky image ,i guess,

there is a 1" strip of grey at top of screen but i don't get the image of the sky, the blue, the moon or sun anything like that. sounds like i am panning wrong.

When you say you don't get clouds, do you mean as in the picture I posted a few posts above? I think I know what you are talking about. You can do 1 of 2 things. Either go into the smart zoom settings and adjust the tilt parameters to the far right, or turn off smart zoom and touch the screen to bring up the 3d controls. Tilt the setting to where you like it. With smartzoom off it will save it where you leave it. I personally like smartzoom so i would just adjust the sliders to the far right.

this is the image i get, what i mean by no sky is that there is no blue or clouds like in your pic, i just get grey, like an overcast day.

post-30542-12872760928977_thumb.jpg

[timezone]

sync_os_timezone=0

reset_os_timezone=0

Not yet, but in Alex's defense: I just put the F90BT on my desk back to stock versions (data.zip, sys.txt, etc) and deleted all user save data. Rebooted, and the AV.exe clock went an hour ahead even with my timezone set manually in iGo's (didn't do this w/ 2.006). Looks like it's a bug w/ the way iGo 8.3 sets the date/timezone when it gets a GPS lock to me... Especially since I can go do this:

• [*:1reesinh]Start in Settings->Navi Settings->GPS & Time Settings
    [*:1reesinh]Set to Auto timezone (and swear under breath that the damn thing thinks I'm in Idaho now)
    [*:1reesinh]Back out one screen to Navi Settings
    [*:1reesinh]Go back into GPS & Time Settings and reset to timezone to Manual
    [*:1reesinh]Go back out to map, see right time
    [*:1reesinh]Go to AV screen and now the time is correct!

/me points finger at NavNGo and Pioneer.

Thanks for the kind words man. I appreciate it. I am always willing to help out whenever possible.

yes, if i pan up i get a sky image ,i guess,

there is a 1" strip of grey at top of screen but i don't get the image of the sky, the blue, the moon or sun anything like that. sounds like i am panning wrong.

Hmmm that is odd. Did you delete the save files when installing my mods? Actually looking back at your screen shot I can gurantee that you didn't. The current street is missing at the top. That is a standard problem that happens when the save files are not deleted. Check the instructions for the location of the save files and delete them all.

Yep, tried that already through a different process (this is w/ Diaftia's 10/10 release). I used a mod I made to Diaftia's Settings->Navi Settings->Run menu to launch Explorer without needing to boot into test mode. Brought up the Date/Time control panel, there was no time zone selected (drop-down was blank) and the time was an hour ahead of what it should be. Fixed the timezone to Pacific time which automatically set the clock correctly in the taskbar and in the APL\ apps (AV.exe, etc) when I hit Apply. I have to manually select my timezone in iGo already (I've got the "Oregon means you're in Mountain Time!" bug) so not sure if there's something in the startup flow of the data.zip or not.

[timezone]

sync_os_timezone=0

reset_os_timezone=0

It's all good man as long as a resolution is found. Only drawback is that someone searching is going to have a hard time finding it buried in my 27+ page thread. ;)

Can someone tell me if there is a button, when in route to put in a next address???

So you can put in multiple addresses and make an optimal route?

Thx

Sounds like you want to add in a via point when in a route to a stop along the way.

This can be dine several ways:

1. If it's a POI you want to add a via for just search for it and click the button that says add via at the bottom of the POI details.

2. If you want to stop at a specific address while in route you can do this two ways:

A). Using plan mode; Go to the plan mode screen and do the search from there. Once you search the cursor will be on the address you entered on the plan mode screen. Expand the top most menu with the green arrow if not already done. Click add via to make it a stop along the way.

B). Using the quick menu; When not in route the quick menu buttons will automatically start a route when you start a search from those buttons. When in a route already and you perform a search from the quick menu the search results will bring you to the plan mode screen. Once you do that just expand the menu if not already done and click add via.

It's much easier to do than to read. Try it out and the nav should know where you are (in or out of route) and guide you to the correct screen.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Hmmm that is odd. Did you delete the save files when installing my mods? Actually looking back at your screen shot I can gurantee that you didn't. The current street is missing at the top. That is a standard problem that happens when the save files are not deleted. Check the instructions for the location of the save files and delete them all

i delete all save files in the user data save folder except favorites, as per your instructions, i also delete the gps files every time so it starts out as having me in L.A. and all the maps rebuild when GPS finds me.

Change your scheme

Could you elaborate please? thank you for your input as i have also read your posts and when it comes to understanding how this works i can see you are right there with Diaftia. I will fool around with the settings and try to change the scheme, just not sure what t to change it to. I know we put a file in the scheme folder but i have never changed a scheme setting. Any directions will be appreciated.

The current street is missing at the top. That is a standard problem that happens when the save files are not deleted. Check the instructions for the location of the save files and delete them all

I paned all the way up to get the best image for the pic, i don't know if this affect the top of the street missing. I have reread all the instructions, i think i have followed them, but i will follow up on the tip from Abb1and keep working at it.

Thanks for the input guys. Donations will follow shortly.