AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Hello,

Thank you ro uploading this update. I installed it to my radio. Everything is OK with it, only there are 2 problems. 2 functions,1 st the speed limit,2 nd the Voice isnt working. Can you tell me why is it? Or tell me what is the final solution.Please answer me here or to my e-mail: szimkoandrej@azet.sk

Thank you

1. If you have no voice you might need to delete your save files. Not sure what is causing the conflict but is one of the reasons I mention to delete the save files. I had it happen when testing and when I deleted the save files the voice prompts came back.

2. The speed limit only shows when the map data has a value for it. Otherwise it is not displayed. You will most likely see it on a freeway. Head out on a freeway/highway and it should appear.

Alex

Help! I can't get my clock setting to save. I set it up for Central time and after I restart the car it goes to Eastern time for New York! Any suggestions?

I have never heard this before. Isn't your clock automatically setting with the GPS locating/locking?

I am really not sure this is related to my mods but just in case did you delete your save files?

Help! I can't get my clock setting to save. I set it up for Central time and after I restart the car it goes to Eastern time for New York! Any suggestions?

I have never heard this before. Isn't your clock automatically setting with the GPS locating/locking?

I am really not sure this is related to my mods but just in case did you delete your save files?

I did delete the save files. I notice that when i go into the GPS time settings menu it has" EDT North America/New York" by default for some reason.

I did delete the save files. I notice that when i go into the GPS time settings menu it has" EDT North America/New York" by default for some reason.

The reason why I don't think its related to my mods is because when you are in testmode, at the windows CE level, the unit will still sync time with the GPS satellites. Can you try hitting the reset and eject buttons on the AVIC itself for 5 seconds and see if the clears it up?

I agree with LonestarRob too. Do this outside with no roof over the car to make sure its getting good reception.

The reason why I don't think its related to my mods is because when you are in testmode, at the windows CE level, the unit will still sync time with the GPS satellites. Can you try hitting the reset and eject buttons on the AVIC itself for 5 seconds and see if the clears it up?

I agree with LonestarRob too. Do this outside with no roof over the car to make sure its getting good reception.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try the reset suggestion tonight. BTW, I dont park in my garage so that takes that possibility out of the equation.

Diaftia, Your mod is amazing. I have sent my thanks and wanted to let you know your instructions were perfect and I have enjoyed all of the new features.

Two questions...

1> I have changed my arrow to my car and since I have done that Mod that is posted in the forum I can't seem to get the map off north up. I also can't get the arrows to come up to change the angles of the map.

2 When updating (replacing the data file) do I need to clear the save file as I did when first installed?

Thanks again for the new driving experience.

Diaftia, Your mod is amazing. I have sent my thanks and wanted to let you know your instructions were perfect and I have enjoyed all of the new features.

Two questions...

1> I have changed my arrow to my car and since I have done that Mod that is posted in the forum I can't seem to get the map off north up. I also can't get the arrows to come up to change the angles of the map.

2 When updating (replacing the data file) do I need to clear the save file as I did when first installed?

Thanks again for the new driving experience.

Thanks for the donation Neil! Looks like it came in last night. Many thanks!

As far as changing the map orientation you do that by touching the compass. I do that since it's a little bigger than the traditional button.

As far as deletingthe save files goes; you should not need to delete them as long as you did it when you installed. Just changing and image should be fine since no code has changed.

Let me know how it goes and thanks for the feedback.

Alex

Diaftia, great Job on the Mod. Question, When in route on the highway my screen changed from 3D back to 2D and I could not get it to convert back. i had to cancel the route and then it converted back. Hmm. Any ideas on that? also the icon (3d/2d) didn't even show on the screen. aka Ozzie

1. Can you provide more datails? Do you have overview mode on? When in overview mode, if you are in a route and the next turn is more than 2 miles away it will switch in to 2DN map mode. Going into another screen will make it go back to your previous map mode. If this is not what you are talking about can you give me the steps to reproduce the bug you are talking about?

2. What image name did you change for your icon? Which one do you want to change? The 3D image?