AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Hi,

Im sorry if this has been discussed before but i tried doing a search and found nothing.. I downloaded the latest 2.1 of this mod and its great. My question is when i chose to show the POI icons it will some some of them as per chevy would be chevy logo etc, but a lot of them show up with the red diamond which i read was fixed. Sometimes i can view the map and see the icon and other times i cant.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response.

Black letters with white should do the trick. And it work well for the night screens as well. If you can explain to me how to change the colors, I would try it myself and let you know which combination seems to work best.

Regards,

M

Alex.Happy new year to you.Anything in the pipeline regarding your mod?Did you decide if you were going to add the split screen view.Many Thanks

Yep, the split screen will be an extra (as usual) and not a replacement for the main nav screen. Just a couple of finishing touches to make and I will release it.

Hi,

Im sorry if this has been discussed before but i tried doing a search and found nothing.. I downloaded the latest 2.1 of this mod and its great. My question is when i chose to show the POI icons it will some some of them as per chevy would be chevy logo etc, but a lot of them show up with the red diamond which i read was fixed. Sometimes i can view the map and see the icon and other times i cant.

There is a patch for this that I cannot remember if I have put into this version or not. I will check it out and it will be in the next release.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response.

Black letters with white should do the trick. And it work well for the night screens as well. If you can explain to me how to change the colors, I would try it myself and let you know which combination seems to work best.

Regards,

M

it's in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file. It's down towards the bottom in it's own section. Just do a search for speedcam. It should be clearly marked "distance to speedcam" or something. Adjust color and color2. This is from memory so if you don't find it let me know and I will look tomorrow.

Hello Diaftia,

First of all I want to thank you for all of your hard work on making my avic even more enjoyable. I have a question/comment about the new 2.1 mod. I like to use the overview mode, and have noticed that if you leave the navigation screen to check/change a setting and return to the navigation screen, it will loose memory of the current display mode. I am also unable to to get back in overview unless I cancel the route and then restart the route.

Hello Diaftia,

First of all I want to thank you for all of your hard work on making my avic even more enjoyable. I have a question/comment about the new 2.1 mod. I like to use the overview mode, and have noticed that if you leave the navigation screen to check/change a setting and return to the navigation screen, it will loose memory of the current display mode. I am also unable to to get back in overview unless I cancel the route and then restart the route.

I have noticed that too. It will go back into overview mode once a new maneuver comes up. I am pretty sure that is by design of igo though so you dont get locked into that map position. I could be wrong. Has anyone noticed in the original or other modders packages that it will go back into overview mode once navigating away and then coming back to the nav screen?

The original coding does not operate this way. It seems to remeber the current display settings.

Hmm if that is the case then I am missing something in the navigatemap state/script. I will look into it.

Thanks guys...

The original coding does not operate this way. It seems to remeber the current display settings.

When you say original coding do you mean the original pioneer igo? I tried IDT's mods and my original version of mods and they both behave as my current version does. Can anyone name a specific set of mods that does this so I can go in and see how it behaves?

EDIT: Also tried the original 3.0 unmodified and it doesn't do it either. At least in an emulator. I will go and try it tomorrow on the way to work. Every time I do this I realize how nice it is to have all these features!

Hi Diaftia

This may be a total noob question but my off screen is stock after putting in your mod, everytheing else works fine but I have the small clock. Also it there a way that I can use a background image in off with your mods?

I apreciate all yor hard work. Many thanks!

Hi Diaftia

This may be a total noob question but my off screen is stock after putting in your mod, everytheing else works fine but I have the small clock. Also it there a way that I can use a background image in off with your mods?

I apreciate all yor hard work. Many thanks!

Not at all. I am not sure what you mean by "stock". Do you mean that there is no weather showing? You need an MSN subscription in order for it to show weather. If you dont have one it should just have the time and day.

If you want to use a different background than black just change the line of the msnd_800_480.ui file about 1/3 of the way down on line 407 (if you are using Notepad++ (or its commented with ";Background and back":

Just change 746_32K_MN-000_24b.bmp to whatever image you want to use. I used black since it was supposed to simulate the screen being off. But you can put any picture you want there. Just make sure its 800x480 in size.

I will move this to the bottom of the file so its easier to find going forward.

When you say original coding do you mean the original pioneer igo? I tried IDT's mods and my original version of mods and they both behave as my current version does. Can anyone name a specific set of mods that does this so I can go in and see how it behaves?

EDIT: Also tried the original 3.0 unmodified and it doesn't do it either. At least in an emulator. I will go and try it tomorrow on the way to work. Every time I do this I realize how nice it is to have all these features!

I have gone in and really looked at the code. I think its really impossible for it to remember that you were in overview mode. When it exits overview, which it does when you enter another state, it resets the mapstate to what you had it at before it went into overview mode. I believe this is by design as you would be "locked" into overview mode zoomed out at whatever level you set (2mi by default) until a turn came up within that distance. I believe this is by design for that reason alone. I have checked my old mods, IDT's mods and the stock 3.0 mods and they all exit overview when clicking away from the map.

Ugh, now that that is over I hope to package everything up tonight. I got the distance to turn meter on the new split screen working just about perfect. There was a delay in it before that I worked out so it seems to work perfect now. Also added the speedcam to it. The only complaint that I can see is that there might be too much information on the new screen. We'll see how it goes. Looking forward to the feedback on it.

All this and I am still managing to get work done and keep the wife semi happy. ;)