AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

A little over 50 downloads in 12 hours and nobody is reporting problems. Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I can't tell. ;)

A lot of testing went into this one so thanks to all the beta testers who helped make the release smooth. :)

I loaded it today while i was waiting for some callbacks from customers. I can say that NO errors were noticed. The time TO and ARRIVAL on the left side could be a little bigger on the Nav screen. Maybe I was just used to Dpdursts mod with the bigger text. Other than that...nice!! Thanks again for you time and efforts.

Mark

A little over 50 downloads in 12 hours and nobody is reporting problems. Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I can't tell. ;)

A lot of testing went into this one so thanks to all the beta testers who helped make the release smooth. :)

I loaded it today while i was waiting for some callbacks from customers. I can say that NO errors were noticed. The time TO and ARRIVAL on the left side could be a little bigger on the Nav screen. Maybe I was just used to Dpdursts mod with the bigger text. Other than that...nice!! Thanks again for you time and efforts.

Mark

I agree that the text could be a little bigger for my liking and my old eyes but this is a great mod all the same. I realize that screen real estate is precious.

I loaded this on my 7010BT today (No MSN version) and it has been working great, no errors yet. I did mod the off screen time and date colors and position to my liking but other than that I have not changed anything.

I love the red line through the speaker when nav voice is muted.

I prefer the old background on the Cruise Dial, the gray is a bit bland. I also think the GPS Time and Distance Left should be swapped so that all time indicators are on the same side of the Cruise Dial. It would also be nice to have a mute button on the Cruise Dial, maybe just below the compass. I could change the background on the Cruise Dial myself if you tell me what I need to do for that. I don't know the coding yet so I can't do the mute button.

The add via link for POIs is a great addition, as is the saved search.

I did not get what you where referring to for the New Menu button that looks a little smaller, at least I did not notice anything.

I have not used the Trip Computer before but I tried it out and it worked perfectly fo me every time, and I tried several times, but what are the 1,2,3 buttons for on that screen? Also you said the "Trip Computer has quick links to some of the custom screen." Did you mean that some of the custom screen are linking to it or are there supposed to be some links on the Trip Computer screen because I did not see any.

I did not test the new signpost setting yet because I did not do any freeway driving today.

In my opinion this is definitely the best mod I have tried so far. A few more tweaks and this will be virtually perfect.

I would love to see you add a NAVI button to the Route Plan screen to make it just a click away to go back to Navi mode (yes I know I can hit the map button). This has been done on the Stan/Andr2000 mod like the attached picture shows. I haven't a clue where that coding is to try it myself, but I would like to learn.

post-32782-12872760579926_thumb.jpg

Mark

I agree that the text could be a little bigger for my liking and my old eyes but this is a great mod all the same. I realize that screen real estate is precious.

I will see what I can do about making this bigger.

I loaded this on my 7010BT today (No MSN version) and it has been working great, no errors yet. I did mod the off screen time and date colors and position to my liking but other than that I have not changed anything.

I love the red line through the speaker when nav voice is muted.

I prefer the old background on the Cruise Dial, the gray is a bit bland. I also think the GPS Time and Distance Left should be swapped so that all time indicators are on the same side of the Cruise Dial. It would also be nice to have a mute button on the Cruise Dial, maybe just below the compass. I could change the background on the Cruise Dial myself if you tell me what I need to do for that. I don't know the coding yet so I can't do the mute button.

I think the theory here currently is that all of the indicators that work when not in route are on one side. The others are all 0 or not showing anything when not in route.

As far as the backgrounds I will put some additional ones in the main thread when I get a chance.

You can just change the file name to be the image you want or go into the nagivatemap_800_480.ui file and change it there (ui_destinationdial section)

The add via link for POIs is a great addition, as is the saved search.

I did not get what you where referring to for the New Menu button that looks a little smaller, at least I did not notice anything.

The button is new and looks more like the traditional buttons. Some of the traditional buttons can be small though so there is a transparent border around the right and bottom edges to make the actual touch footprint much larger so that its easy to hit.

I have not used the Trip Computer before but I tried it out and it worked perfectly fo me every time, and I tried several times, but what are the 1,2,3 buttons for on that screen? Also you said the "Trip Computer has quick links to some of the custom screen." Did you mean that some of the custom screen are linking to it or are there supposed to be some links on the Trip Computer screen because I did not see any.

The 1,2,3 are all different trip counters. So if you want to reset one and not another you can do that. The quick links are for the on-screen trip computer which is brought up by touching the time in the header bar. You can also bring up the speedo by touching the current speed sign, and the cruise dials screen by long clicking that same sign.

I did not test the new signpost setting yet because I did not do any freeway driving today.

In my opinion this is definitely the best mod I have tried so far. A few more tweaks and this will be virtually perfect.

Thanks! Always looking for feedback on what to improve. Some is possible, some is not. Some just gives me ideas on what other stuff I can do. So keep it coming. :)

I would love to see you add a NAVI button to the Route Plan screen to make it just a click away to go back to Navi mode (yes I know I can hit the map button). This has been done on the Stan/Andr2000 mod like the attached picture shows. I haven't a clue where that coding is to try it myself, but I would like to learn.

I have added this to my dev build but forgot to add it to this release before packaging. If you want a navi button use this code and it will add it directly below the map scale button:

Add this to the browsemap_800_480.ui file in the planmodecontrols2D section:

Alex.Got to agree that this mod is excellent.I love all the mods and it's hard to pick a favourite,but for now this it!It's hard to think of anything that will improve it really.The only thing on my wish list would be ,because i am a european user,a TMC button to quickly access the traffic info.Maybe an addition to the quick menu screen?What do you think?Thanks again for this mod and a happy Xmas to all modders and mod followers on here.

Alex.Got to agree that this mod is excellent.I love all the mods and it's hard to pick a favourite,but for now this it!It's hard to think of anything that will improve it really.The only thing on my wish list would be ,because i am a european user,a TMC button to quickly access the traffic info.Maybe an addition to the quick menu screen?What do you think?Thanks again for this mod and a happy Xmas to all modders and mod followers on here.

Thanks!

Maybe we can see if merten3000 is willing to put that in. I have tried to get people to tell me what action/command that button would execute. We don't have TMC in the states so I can create a button for it but I am not sure what to make the onrelease= command. If someone can give me that value I should be able to put it in.

Thanks!

Maybe we can see if merten3000 is willing to put that in. I have tried to get people to tell me what action/command that button would execute. We don't have TMC in the states so I can create a button for it but I am not sure what to make the onrelease= command. If someone can give me that value I should be able to put it in.

Alex.Don't know if this will help but in your MSN version,pressing "Traffic"brought up the TMC info.

Thanks!

Alex.Don't know if this will help but in your MSN version,pressing "Traffic"brought up the TMC info.

Interesting.... wouldn't have thought they were the same. I will check it out. Maybe I can put the TMC button under the extras? Either that or a button next to the extras button. Does everyone in the EU get TMC or is it a subscription like MSN?

I have added this to my dev build but forgot to add it to this release before packaging. If you want a navi button use this code and it will add it directly below the map scale button:

[/b]

Thanks for the info on the NAVI button coding. I put my NAVI button in the same position as the Stan/Adnr2000 mod (see new pic). I did not change the Street indicator that goes across the bottom of the screen but since the button is semi transparent it does not matter. I also put the code at the bottom of the section the same as in the Stan/Andr2000 mod. Thanks again and thanks to Stanislavovich and Andr2000 for their work too.

Here is the code I used in case someone else wants to do this:

; Navi button on the bottom right of the screen

While looking at the code I noticed that there are zoom in (plus button) and zoom out (minus button) controls that are commented out. I would love to put these on the screen but did not yet because I would want buttons that match all the others. I don't know how to use PhotoShop enough to make ones myself yet (I need to learn). If I do get matching buttons I would move the existing zoom control button download and have those two buttons above it.

post-32782-12872760584227_thumb.jpg

[/b]

Thanks for the info on the NAVI button coding. I put my NAVI button in the same position as the Stan/Adnr2000 mod (see new pic). I did not change the Street indicator that goes across the bottom of the screen but since the button is semi transparent it does not matter. I also put the code at the bottom of the section the same as in the Stan/Andr2000 mod. Thanks again and thanks to Stanislavovich and Andr2000 for their work too.

Here is the code I used in case someone else wants to do this:

; Navi button on the bottom right of the screen

While looking at the code I noticed that there are zoom in (plus button) and zoom out (minus button) controls that are commented out. I would love to put these on the screen but did not yet because I would want buttons that match all the others. I don't know how to use PhotoShop enough to make ones myself yet (I need to learn). If I do get matching buttons I would move the existing zoom control button download and have those two buttons above it.

Yeah I thought about it there but I am not a fan of the overlap. Especially since there is a button hanging out by itself. Glad you got it going though.

As far as the zoom in and out... why not just push the wheel up or down?

Alex,

It just keeps getting better and better. One thing, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried to POI search and I seem to get the wide search. How would I narrow that down some? I put in a search for a burger joint called Del's

and got responses for Delta's with the DEL'S characters highlighted and things that were 300 miles away. I will keep playing with it and see if I can figure it out, but right now not making a whole lot of progress.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

M

Alex,

It just keeps getting better and better. One thing, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried to POI search and I seem to get the wide search. How would I narrow that down some? I put in a search for a burger joint called Del's

and got responses for Delta's with the DEL'S characters highlighted and things that were 300 miles away. I will keep playing with it and see if I can figure it out, but right now not making a whole lot of progress.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

M

You can do a search around cursor, GPS location or even along your current route. That will allow you to choose a category (in your case restaurants). If you use the POI search icon that takes you directly to the keyboard search that will do a custom search that I created which is a very broad search. I have gotten it as broad as 400miles or so. Should give you the tools to do the different types of searches you need to perform given the need.

Alex