AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

FYI, I did delete the save files. I always do when I change mods. I don't have a pic because i didn't leave the mod on long enough. I keep a SD card with a backup mod in case things go wrong with another mod..lol. I use my nav day in and day out and need things to be running smoothly.

Wait a minute... do you mean the signposts or the street text? Does it look like this?

file.php?id=8554&mode=view

The whiting out of the street text is a known issue that cannot really be resolved. I am going to assume you are on a 700 since that is the only units I have seen it on. This problem, as well as the fact that the graphic text causes some units to reboot, is the reason I spent the time to code in the illustrated street text option. I think we can see why Pioneer left it out by default. Turn that off and you will be fine. It will put the street text back to the normal format that most mods are in. That is the default setting and now includes a disclaimer in the newest version to turn it on at your own risk.

Sign posts were completely white. I had to turn them off. You could only see the I70 logo.

Yes I have a 700.

I noticed the warning about the illustrated street text and left it turned off.

I will try it again when you update it.

Thanks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

FYI, I did delete the save files. I always do when I change mods. I don't have a pic because i didn't leave the mod on long enough. I keep a SD card with a backup mod in case things go wrong with another mod..lol. I use my nav day in and day out and need things to be running smoothly.

Wait a minute... do you mean the signposts or the street text? Does it look like this?

file.php?id=8554&mode=view

The whiting out of the street text is a known issue that cannot really be resolved. I am going to assume you are on a 700 since that is the only units I have seen it on. This problem, as well as the fact that the graphic text causes some units to reboot, is the reason I spent the time to code in the illustrated street text option. I think we can see why Pioneer left it out by default. Turn that off and you will be fine. It will put the street text back to the normal format that most mods are in. That is the default setting and now includes a disclaimer in the newest version to turn it on at your own risk.

Sign posts were completely white. I had to turn them off. You could only see the I70 logo.

Yes I have a 700.

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have the project mayhem theme installed? The reason Why I ask is because I used to have the same problem, I finally fix mine but wasnt 100% sure if it was because I deleted all the saved files including favorites. When I finally deleted favorites I also installed the new project mayhem theme that was just uploaded yesterday to fix bugs and it worked.

Hey diaftia, great mod by the way. Not sure if this has already been asked but is there any possibility on your next mod to incorporate a voice recognition button on the main screen. The knob sometimes can be a pain

I am not aware of any command to be able to assign to the button. That VR stuff is controlle via the pioneer stuff and there aren't that many commands that are known. Have you seen this in other mods?

Yes I have a 700.

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have the project mayhem theme installed? The reason Why I ask is because I used to have the same problem, I finally fix mine but wasnt 100% sure if it was because I deleted all the saved files including favorites. When I finally deleted favorites I also installed the new project mayhem theme that was just uploaded yesterday to fix bugs and it worked.

Yes, I was using project mayhem theme. That explains it then.

Yes I have a 700.

Thanks.

Yes, I was using project mayhem theme. That explains it then.

Hmm... I wonder if this is why people were having solid street text too then. I am not using any of that stuff and all these features work on mine. I figured it had to be something external I just have no way to know all the different things that people are running.

Thanks for chiming in jayzfelon

New version out! Lots of good changes in this version.

You definitely want to delete your save files or odd things will happen like street names not showing and settings not saving their state after a reboot.

12/17/09 (V2.1)

• Signposts disappear when not following on map (this helps map scroll performance)
    Removed the animated cursor (this helps map scroll performance)
    Green recalc arrow removed (this helps load time and hopefully some of the memory errors people received when recalculating a route with illustrated text on)
    Searching when in route now goes to planmode screen so a via or a new route can be added/created. When not in route the same buttons will automatically start a new route as before.
    Enabled calling POI from call icon. Icon is enabled when BT phone is connected and POI has number associated.
    Added an add via link from a POI search when in route.
    Added a saved search icon to the quick menu.
    New menu button. It looks small but has a larger, invisible footprint for larger fingers.
    Width fixed on road text along the header so there is no overlap
    Removed title from cruise dials screen and added next turn to make it more useful.
    Fixed overview mode when in 2D mode so it says zoomed out
    Fixed 2DN cursor position when in overview mode
    Fixed problem where "Keep position on road" option was turning back on when going into route
    Changed speedometer and cruise dials background
    Changed camera icon since the old icon was making speedcams appear off a couple hundred feet
    Fixed issue where header icons were not showing up in full screen cockpit mode.
    Fixed issue where exit number in center of a roundabout was off.
    Made it so that the warning script variable that determines if the illustrated text warning has been given gets renabled when you enter the display settings.
    Cleaned up the regional settings so its clearer not to use testmode. Also removed a voice button that did nothing since the voice type is change elsewhere.
    Trip Computer now has quick links to some of the custom screens. The first 4 boxes are custom screen links, the 5th one is to reset the tripcomp and the last one closes it.
    Weather information on offscreen now has a solid font for easier reading.

post-26802-12872760497014_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760502575_thumb.jpg

post-26802-1287276050755_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760512101_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760517165_thumb.jpg

As usual Alex, great touch-ups. I see you also took my suggestion to the regional page. Thanks. I'll get this in tomorrow & check things out. I'm still running your last one without any of my changes. Seems all is well. Thanks again.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the feedback Harvey. I did clean up the interface in the regional a bit. It wasnt all that much but I think the changes will help.

What changes do you make? Cosmetic?

I add an 8th button on the msn page to take me to the internet when the wifi card is in, I will eliminate the record button on the map, I use both nav arrows (I just like the look of the black pointing & the full green one underneath pointing the way), and I actually LOWER the bypass to 130 (figure that's also a good speed indicator - although truth be known, my car is stealth to most radar & to all lazer) as I rarely want to, or do, exceed 81mph (130km). I also am working on, but haven't yet done it, to remove Samantha saying 'route recalculation.' I just want her to do it, don't tell me. Just give the next, correct instruction.

I think the regional page is much better, but why did we leave the testmode even in? At least the instruct to leave it turned off should save a lot of questions & confusion. I haven't had time to check much out, but will do so soon. Thanks again for a great mod. As most others say, it makes having an AVIC worth having. I know I appreciate the great work. Thanks, and I'll advise later my findings.

I add an 8th button on the msn page to take me to the internet when the wifi card is in, I will eliminate the record button on the map, I use both nav arrows (I just like the look of the black pointing & the full green one underneath pointing the way), and I actually LOWER the bypass to 130 (figure that's also a good speed indicator - although truth be known, my car is stealth to most radar & to all lazer) as I rarely want to, or do, exceed 81mph (130km). I also am working on, but haven't yet done it, to remove Samantha saying 'route recalculation.' I just want her to do it, don't tell me. Just give the next, correct instruction.

I think the regional page is much better, but why did we leave the testmode even in? At least the instruct to leave it turned off should save a lot of questions & confusion. I haven't had time to check much out, but will do so soon. Thanks again for a great mod. As most others say, it makes having an AVIC worth having. I know I appreciate the great work. Thanks, and I'll advise later my findings.

Not sure what you mean about the nav arrows? Do you mean the lane guidance arrows? I actually forgot to put in the change that someone offered to give me some new ones that made better sense. Instead of yellow and white they are green and gray now.

I use the test mode during development and would like to keep it in.

Alex

Looking good Alex. Finally moved that compass i see :P . I'll give it a try later.

On the cruise dials screen! Lol! I finally remembered when I was redoing it. Haha. I added the street info at the top and finally remembered to fix it. :oops:

BTW: to all; the green time at/time to destination is selectable on the speedo now just like on the main nav screen.