AVIC411.com

Has Anybody Fixed The Intermittant Trip Computer Function ?

I really love the trip computer but I absolutely ABHOR the fact that it only works sometimes!!!!

I am one of the few who is having trouble with this but it is trouble none the less.

I truly believe this is tied to the track logs since these will not record as well.

Frustrated!!

Anyone delve in to this lately?

Thanx,

Bud

I use the trip computer all the time, almost on a daily basis for tracking my fuel economy and It always works for me, and always has. I have used the trip computer on both, Diaftias mod and IDT's mod and they both work fine for me! What exactly is or isnt it doing?

I use the trip computer all the time, almost on a daily basis for tracking my fuel economy and It always works for me, and always has. What exactly is or isnt it doing?

For quite some time many people have had a problem with it reading all 0's. Bud and I are two that it consistently does not work.

Can you tell me (abb1), do you have your vss wire connected? What model avic do you have? Are you running my mods still and if so do you use my sys.txt?

I have used the trip computer on both, Diaftias mod and IDT's mod and they both work fine for me!

Me too...same result. Intermittant.

What exactly is or isnt it doing

It will either perform as expected or it will not work at all meaning that it does not record any data moving or sitting still regardless of how long I let it boot up prior to getting underway.

..Bud

• 5 weeks later...

i have the same problem. i noticed that when the trip computer doesn't work the track log doesn't save the track either when the unit is shut off. i've tried different length of startup time and can't find any pattern. sometimes it recrods and sometimes it doesn't (i have it set to recrod every track) and when it doesn't record it appears the trip computer isn't working either.

i have the same problem. i noticed that when the trip computer doesn't work the track log doesn't save the track either when the unit is shut off. i've tried different length of startup time and can't find any pattern. sometimes it recrods and sometimes it doesn't (i have it set to recrod every track) and when it doesn't record it appears the trip computer isn't working either.

As far as I can tell its a problem with the igo application itself. I noticed in the last EU update that there was a reference in there to making an "improvement in track log recording". I am hoping that this is a patch that is coming for all units.

it really sucks. mine hasn't worked for a while now. This is one of the best mods that have been done and looks great but mine just doesn't work at all anymore. I guess it is also because i just stopped using it. If there is a fix that would be great. I am glad someone has started this thread up again because there has to be a solution if all these great mods have been done.

Mine actually was working (at least intermittently - I didn't really use it all that much to know how consistent it was) before I hooked up the VSS wire on the unit. Now I ALWAYS get the the 0's with only the MPH feature working. My setup is a combo of Diaftia's Hybrid Mod V2 and Mayhem III (Blue).

I'll be playing around with it this week, probably starting from scratch with the different mods and seeing if I can get any combination of them to work (or try and figure out what broke). If the problem is in iGO, then maybe if the module can be isolated then an updated one from another build could be tested....

Dan

As far as I can tell its a problem with the igo application itself. I noticed in the last EU update that there was a reference in there to making an "improvement in track log recording". I am hoping that this is a patch that is coming for all units.

i've noticed that several times track log recording worked if the car has been moved a short distance before the system is fully booted up. meaning if i stop to get gas, shut the car off, get gas, start the car and move it a few feet to go into the gas station not waiting for the system to boot up, shut it off, start it and wait for it to fully boot up to move then track loging and trip computer both work.

now if i skip the step with going into the convenience store then they don't work.

i haven't tested this enough to say that that's how it is every time. but i did notice this behavior a couple of times.

almost appears that there's a correlation between track logging working or not working if the last recorded and starting gps locations are the same/different. or maybe it all depends on the order in which things get loaded. i.e. track loging starts and checks for gps signal, no signal = no logging and no retry to check for signal again in a few seconds.