AVIC411.com

BT Problem - HTC Touch Pro2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DON"T CLOSE IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the lone Buffalo solider who had previously posted about the TP in an AVIC 500 ver.2 (sold it), now have a AVIC X910BT with the same phone. Will the BT.zip files or the reg hack resolve this issue on a TP (again, not the TP2)??? Please help me guys b4 my wife laughs at me again (She saw it happen b4 with the AVIC F500BT).

My issue is that once my phone pairs with the unit, the unit reboots. I've tried 2 custom ROM's, (NRGZ and back to NFSFAN's) along with the stock 6.1 that the phone came with.

Help me please....PLEASE!

Um, wow. Seeing as how you've had two different AVIC units and identical results when pairing (if I read your post correctly), I would say that it's definitely your phone. If it was me, I'd delete the profiles for each device from each of the other devices, do a hard reset on the phone, then apply the registry changes and try it all again. If that still fails, I cannot hurt to try the zip file cause you can always do another hard reset on the phone to restore it back. To be honest, my best guess is there is something seriously up with your phone and it may be time for an upgrade. Hope this offers some kind of help. Regardless, good luck.

Dougthug,

In the note I sent with my F500BT to Pioneer to get tech supp to look at it, I told them that I tried 4 different phones:

1. A AT&T Nokia flip (generic)

2. HTC TP with the many diff ROM's

3. An older PPC 6600 with Win Mobile 2003

4. Co-workers Sprint Instinct

All made the unit reboot. As much as I wanted to blame the phone, the others made me not launch mine into orbit. If the reg hacks and zip files doesn't work, I will upgrade the phone.

All the phones, after the pairing takes place, soon after (If not immediately) the unit reboots. And, it would continue to reboot as long as it re-connects to the phone if the phone has BT enabled. If I turn off the BT on the phone, the unit stops rebooting. For each one of the Win Mobile phones, I hard reset them both and deleted the entry in the unit.

Last night, I got the x910BT installed (new) and paired up the phone (and Sync'd the contacts) and it stayed connected for the duration that I was in the garage. This morning, I go crank up the truck, turn on BT on the phone, place the phone in the truck. When I came back 10 minutes later, I found it rebooting like the F500BT did.

BTW, I just installed NFSFAN's latest ROM and the suggested reg hack (cab file) and soft reset. I couldn't install teh MM ROM for some odd reason. I'll know in about 30 minutes if it works. I'll reply tonight with the findings. Thanks again fellas!

Well, it connected and was successful upon the initial drive to a pitstop along the way home. After turning off the truck (unit as well), leaving the proximity for 30 minutes and returning. I start the truck, the unit boots up recognizes that the BT is enabled on the phone and reboots the unit. I tried the reg hack but not the BT file swap yet. I'll try that tonight and report back tomorrow.

I'm headed back to the the sites for more info. WIll the MS stack for my phone also be ver. 500?

BTW, this morning immediately after setting up the relationship for the first time it rebooted. After the reboot, it re-connected to my phone and I made a call back to my office (left a VM to check clarity on microphone, which was pretty good). Turned off the truck, started it, the unit booted and recognized the BT was enabled on my phone and rebooted. Same as b4. Aye-ye-ye...

I think slvrdrgn123 is correct about the stacks. These hacks probably won't help you at all. I'm very curious about how you're pairing the devices. I have had different results depending on how I did the initial pairing. Sometimes, if I had the AVIC unit do the searching for the phone, it would work differently than if I have the phone search for the AVIC unit. How are you getting yours paired up? Thanks.

@ Dougthug, I'm glad you brought that up, b/c that's what I failed to mention. I cannot search for the phone via the "Search for the Phone" option. Nor will the phone find it if I select the 1st option. Same issue as I had b4 with the 500BT with the other phones. I have to use the 3rd option down "Pair from Device".

I tried a reg hack on XDA just now and it didn;t help neither. It tells my phone that it's not a PDA, but a smartphone and should allow better communication between the phone and other BT devices (as others had noticed in that forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=290871

Originally Posted by flue View Post

Hi,

I've got exacly the same problem with a Vario II and a Pioneer DEH-P75BT. After a lot of email's and phonecalls with pioneer in the Netherlands, they came everytime back with the answer "Your phone is not on the supported models list". Yea i knew that already.

Before my Vario II is always used a SDA without problems. I discovered that when i select hands free from the vario itself, it pairs without problems. The radio just have some problems with discovering the Vario II.

The problem:

The vario II identifies itself as a PDA bluetooth device. The pioneer modules are searching for a phone or smartphone, so it just ignores the Vario II.

Solutions:

Change the COD (Class of Device) from a PDA device to a smartphone device.

This can be done this way:

1. First make sure you've got a backup, or remember all settings you change in the registry.

2. Edit with a registry editor the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\SY S\COD

By default my vario II does have the value: 1048852 (decimal)

Change this to: 5374476 (decimal).

3. Soft restart your device

4. Voila! Your device now identifies itself as a smartphone, and my pioneer unit finds it without problems.

The non-Winmobile phones could be found via the AVIC search. However, the WinMobile ones couldn't. And yes, I try to make them discoverable at the exact same time (usually 1-2 seconds on the phone b4 on the AVIC) by simultaneously pressing both buttons. Tonight, I'm gonna try my old PPC 6600 running Win Mobile 2003 (verizon) and see if it continues like it did on the 500BT.