AVIC411.com

BT Problem - HTC Touch Pro2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a little driving and testing yesterday. All is still good. The only thing worth noting is that one time when a call was coming in, it took a couple (2 or 3) rings before the answer call/ignore call buttons would show up on the screen. They did show up, which is most important, but that one time it did take a second. i can live with that, especially compared to what the phone was like before. I'm officially giving this my "IT WORKS!!!". Please, everyone who tries this, continue to update and let everyone know if it does or does not work for you. Once we get enough consensus that it does work, we need to update the subject to "Solved". Thanks.

The attached file can be installed on your Touch Pro 2 to (hopefully) solve the problems with Bluetooth documented in this thread.

Before installing this, make sure you're experiencing the problem described and have the right hardware.

I have tested this file on my Touch Pro 2, using the stock Verizon WinMo 6.5 ROM as well as MightyROM 1.20.10.

To keep modifications to a minimum, the fix assumes that you do NOT have any Bluetooth devices paired. Therefore, you should delete the connection for your phone on your AVIC, and re-pair following installation of the fix. Alternatively, hard reset the Touch Pro 2.

The file makes the following modifications to the registry, and will take effect after a soft reset:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFree]
"HFDeviceType"=dword:00000002
"SupportedFeatures"=dword:0000002D

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIDCOMM\BTConfig\General]
"DisableReopenAudio"=dword:00000000

PioneerAVIC_WIDCOMMBT_Hotfix.zip

The attached file can be installed on your Touch Pro 2 to (hopefully) solve the problems with Bluetooth documented in this thread.

Before installing this, make sure you're experiencing the problem described and have the right hardware.

I have tested this file on my Touch Pro 2, using the stock Verizon WinMo 6.5 ROM as well as MightyROM 1.20.10.

To keep modifications to a minimum, the fix assumes that you do NOT have any Bluetooth devices paired. Therefore, you should delete the connection for your phone on your AVIC, and re-pair following installation of the fix. Alternatively, hard reset the Touch Pro 2.

The file makes the following modifications to the registry, and will take effect after a soft reset:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFree]
"HFDeviceType"=dword:00000002
"SupportedFeatures"=dword:0000002D

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIDCOMM\BTConfig\General]
"DisableReopenAudio"=dword:00000000

So you didn't do any of the other registry changes that the post I linked to mentioned? If so, do you know what those are for exactly. Thanks.

So you didn't do any of the other registry changes that the post I linked to mentioned? If so, do you know what those are for exactly. Thanks.

Trial and error was essentially how I arrived at what I posted. The other changes essentially null the phone's Bluetooth MAC as well as the last connected device's Bluetooth MAC..which seemed redundant.

The way I look at it..I want to modify as little as possible.

Happy to do another .cab that does the full meal deal, but if this works for folks I'd rather leave it alone.

Again, much appreciated for tracking the solution down, this is a life saver.

Trial and error was essentially how I arrived at what I posted. The other changes essentially null the phone's Bluetooth MAC as well as the last connected device's Bluetooth MAC..which seemed redundant.

The way I look at it..I want to modify as little as possible.

Happy to do another .cab that does the full meal deal, but if this works for folks I'd rather leave it alone.

Again, much appreciated for tracking the solution down, this is a life saver.

I wasn't suggesting that. I was mostly just curious how you came to that :).

I agree with modifying it as little as possible. This works great so far. The only problem I had was once when I was testing it out. I rejected a call and it sent the call back to the phone and froze the unit for a while and the next call came through the phone and not the unit. But it was fine after a while and rejecting calls ended the call instead of sending it back to the phone. So I'll take it as a fluke.