AVIC411.com

BT Problem - HTC Touch Pro2

I have an HTC Touch Pro2 and an AVIC F7010BT (both unmodified, no hacks). I can place outgoing calls, but whenever I receiver an incoming call, I get the on-screen message with the answer, hang-up and volume buttons, but after one ring, it goes away. I can't answer the call, and my phone freezes for about a minute. I then get the "missed call" notice on the phone, which again causes he phone to freeze for about a minute. I've tried both version of the BT firmware on the AVIC with the same results. I've also tried various setting for the BT interface and auto-answer on both the phone and the AVIC with the same results. I even removed MS Voice Command from the phone in case it was an issue with it trying to announce the call. Does anyone have any helpful ideas?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the same problem as you. Are you using a stock rom or a custom rom? Hoping to find an answer soon because the freezing is really annoying. The phone works fine with my other headsets, it's just the headunit that is not working correctly. But from what I know, it might be because of the BT stack on the phone and not the unit. :?

Well, I may have this working. I have been able to use it two days in a row now. I'm not sure what was the fix, but here's what I have done:

1. AVIC had BT ver 3.3, downgraded to 2.9 - No change.

2.Removed Microsoft Voice Command (ver 1.60.4633.0) from the phone to eliminate that as a problem - No Change

3. Upgraded AVIC back to BT ver 3.3 - No change

4. Noticed that MS Voice Command had not totally uninstalled (still had option in Settings), reinstalled Voice Command ver 1.60.4633.0. Changed Voice command notification setting to "Announce Notifications through device speaker or wired headset only". - Working for now!

So, I don't know if it was a bad install of Voice Command, the settings for it, or maybe just switching back and forth between the AVIC BT versions that did it, but it's working so far.

Are you able to receive calls smoothly with no freezing? That was my biggest problem so it would be great if we can receive calls and not have the phone freeze. I don't think it's because of going to 2.9 and back to 3.3 because I tried that before and it didn't work. Must be something wrong with the voice command and reinstalling it might have fixed the problem. If you can, please post the files you used so we can test it with the same versions. Thanks.

None of these fixes should make a difference. I think they're all placebo. The problem is that the bluetooth stack on the phone is NOT the same MS stack that was on the TP1 and Mogul, etc. It has a LARGE number of incompatibilities with various other bluetooth devices. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97 has more info. There's not much you can do other than hope one of the custom ROM chefs manages to put the MS stack back on. I hate using the bluetooth on my TP2 with my F90BT for this very reason.... bleh.

I'll join this discussion by saying that I just got the TP2 and have these EXACT same problems. Only 1 ring, no call dialog box, and I have to modify my contacts to get the entire name on the "first name" line... so that I don't have to say the last name first to have VR recognize who I want to call. This sucks!! My old Samsung Instinct worked fine...