AVIC411.com

BT Problem - HTC Touch Pro2

Not sure why you guys are still having problems, even after custom ROMs. Mine has been working pretty smoothly lately. I just flashed the latest Energy ROM, will test it out later.

You guys might want to try Mighty Mikes 1/9/10 ROM, it worked for me perfectly. I would have stuck with it, but I prefer Sense 2.5. I did try, his newer releases, but there were problems, so try the 1/9/10 ROM first. I will also upload the BT files I grabbed from that ROM for you guys to try out. I've replaced files on different ROMs, with them and the BT worked, so maybe it will for you guys too.

I'd like to know more about what files you've replaced exactly. On another note, I just submitted an email to HTC's support. It may be a waist of time, but like mom always said, it never hurts to ask ;). Thanks.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would too. I've called Verizon about the same problem several times, and it seems I hit some sort of threshold: the last 2 times, I got a replacement device (which, of course, changed nothing). This time, they said they'd "escalate to HTC".

Probably not too much different from dougthug emailing HTC support, but, well, it's something I suppose.

I was offered a 4th replacement, which was entertaining. I declined.

They are just the files that started with BT in the WINDOWS folders. I'm pretty sure the only ones really needed were the driver files. But I grabbed everything just in case. When you replace it, it seems to update the BT stack to the 500 build. The only weird thing is that on MM newer roms with the 500 build, BT wasn't working. But it works when I replace the files. Not sure why that happened.

They are just the files that started with BT in the WINDOWS folders. I'm pretty sure the only ones really needed were the driver files. But I grabbed everything just in case. When you replace it, it seems to update the BT stack to the 500 build. The only weird thing is that on MM newer roms with the 500 build, BT wasn't working. But it works when I replace the files. Not sure why that happened.

So it's still the same stack that that you're working with, just updated? The Verizon update build 500 as well. Thanks.

So it's still the same stack that that you're working with, just updated? The Verizon update build 500 as well. Thanks.

Yea, still the stack I mentioned before. Seems to be the only one that's working for me.

Edit - Here are the BT files I use. Download, unzip, copy into the Windows folder, soft reset and hopefully it works.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i4p2si

Maybe you guys can try flashing to a ROM that I used where it worked to test it out. If it works on one of those ROMs then it might just be something wrong with a ROM you are using.

Try Juicy R7-R8, NRGZ Leo 1/14 and 1/20, MightyROM 1/9 all worked for me. If using NRG or Juicy, replace with the BT files I posted above. MightyROM should work after flash. Good luck guys.

I don't want to jump the gun and shout "I GOT IT!!!" prematurely like I did before (see this post if you don't know what I'm talking about), but I think I got it. I did everything in this post from PPCGeeks (except I didn't download the registry editor he linked to) and it all looks to be working better than before, even better than with my old Touch Pro. I'm gonna give it a couple of days before the "I GOT IT" comes out, but I think it's good. I did exactly what he had in his instructions. There was even one entry he said to edit that I didn't even have, so I added it and set it like he told to. A couple of observations. First, every single time I was testing it, the buttons appeared on the screen to hang-up and volume up and down (sweet!). Second, hanging up my phone was quicker. It seemed before that when I would hang up the phone, it would take a few seconds before the phone actually showed the call ended. Third, if I didn't make the call from the contacts screen, the caller ID only showed the number, not the name. If I dialed from the contacts dialog, I got the name, but even when I voice dialed or had an incoming call that is in my contacts, I just got the number. Lastly, when a call is coming in, for the first second, I get the normal ring that the F900BT always, but only for a second. After that, I hear my phones ring tone through the radio. Doesn't really bother me, but it is something different for me.

I tried everything on my way home from work a couple of times and it was all good. Then, a little while ago, I went out the garage and was just testing. Turning both the car and the phone off and back on and calling into the car and calling out from the car over and over again. I never once had a problem. Let's hope this sticks. Please, let me know if it works for anyone else that tries it. Thanks.

Initial result is huge success..

Previous behavior was:

-Incoming calls ring for ~1 second and get rejected to voicemail

-Outgoing calls work from the phone only, and do not display the Phone UI on the AVIC device

Now:

-Incoming calls ring with the "Pioneer" ring for a short moment, then switches to the phone's ringtone

-Incoming calls working fine, UI displayed, caller ID looks good

-Outgoing calls work from the phone or from the AVIC UI

I had not paired my AVIC to the phone, and in fact had just hard reset. So I was missing some of the settings called out in the PPCGeeks post.

I changed:

HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFree

SupportedFeatures to 45

Add value HFDeviceType decimal 2

HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\BtConfig\General

Change bdaddr to (no value)

Add value DisableReopenAudio dword 0

Following a soft reset, I paired the AVIC and was astounded that it worked.

I will too give this a couple of days, reflash, reverify, and create a CAB for you guys.

Just documenting while I try to understand what these settings actually mean.

Following reboot and re-pair:

HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFree

SupportedFeatures to 45 - stayed the same

Add value HFDeviceType decimal 2 - stayed the same

* LastConnectedBda was created and was set to the AVIC's BT MAC

HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\BtConfig\General

Change bdaddr to (no value) - reset itself to the BT hardware's MAC

Add value DisableReopenAudio dword 0 - stayed the same