AVIC411.com

BT Problem - HTC Touch Pro2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similar problem with the HTC HD2. I have previously used the Touch HD and TyTn II with no problems. It seems to be a problem with the Bluetooth stack in the phone. It will eventually be possible to change the stack, using a "cooked ROM" (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/), but we'll have to wait until someone comes up with one featuring a new bluetooth stack.

It may be worth trying out Jetware Mobile's bluetooth app (http://www.jetwaremobile.com/), but if the phone uses a non-standard MS stack, it probably will not install.

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto for me. I have Verizon's Touch Pro2 and the F900BT. I saw one poster mentioned Windows Mobile 6.5, but is that a cooked ROM or is that the AT&T version of the Touch Pro2? Better asked, is there anyone that is having this problem with the AT&T Touch Pro2 (all stock, nothing cooked or hacked)? Thanks.

Add me in with the same problem, 1 ring and the phone freezes. Outgoing calls work fine but the Voice Recognition is not as reliable as it used to be.

F700BT w/ Pioneer v3 (legal) update w/ 3.3 BT Stack

Verizon Touch Pro2 Stock ROM (Win 6.1)

My old AT&T Tilt worked perfectly

So I got this straight from the horse's mouth: MM uses an updated BT driver (not a new stack, just an updated driver, which seems to fix most of the issues) from the USC 6.5 ROM Update that was released. It works. I can answer calls. Hang up calls. Make calls... and all the while, my phone is just as fast(or maybe 90%) as it is normally. It doesn't slow down to a "FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" state anymore. I do have a small problem with answering, in that I have to answer with the headunit OR the hardware phone button, because about 1/4 of the time using the "slide-to-answer" mechanism doesn't work. But yeah, HUGE improvement.

So I got this straight from the horse's mouth: MM uses an updated BT driver (not a new stack, just an updated driver, which seems to fix most of the issues) from the USC 6.5 ROM Update that was released. It works. I can answer calls. Hang up calls. Make calls... and all the while, my phone is just as fast(or maybe 90%) as it is normally. It doesn't slow down to a "FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" state anymore. I do have a small problem with answering, in that I have to answer with the headunit OR the hardware phone button, because about 1/4 of the time using the "slide-to-answer" mechanism doesn't work. But yeah, HUGE improvement.

Great info. Do you know if it required a ROM to be flashed to the phone or was it just installing a cab or was it just replacing a couple of dll's or what? Thanks.

I've been experiencing a similar issue with my HTC TP (not TP2) using Win mobile 6.1.. I upgraded the ROM to Win6.5 and still have the same issue. I even tried it with a friends Sprint phone (non windows mobile) and a Nokia AT&T phone (Non win mobile). Every time it connects to the F500BT via BT, it reboots. :?: