AVIC411.com

BT Problem - HTC Touch Pro2

jk47 wrote:

I just updated my phone with the Verizon MR1 update from the link on dougthug's post. Incoming calls now work! The phone had no problem syncing with my F700BT and the volume control stays up and allows me to accept and hang up calls. Now I just have to get my contacts into the unit, I got a "no number found" error when I tried. I'll have to look that up next.

It looks like I spoke too soon. I'm still having the same problems. My initial test worked but I just got a call in and the volume control disappeared and I couldn't answer it. I guess I still have some work to do...Also, my BT verson is 500 with the new Verizon 6.5 update.

Verzion Touch Pro2 w/ MR1 update (Windows Mobile 6.5)

Pioneer F700BT w/ valid 3.0 update/Bluetooth v3.3

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like I spoke too soon. I'm still having the same problems. My initial test worked but I just got a call in and the volume control disappeared and I couldn't answer it. I guess I still have some work to do...Also, my BT verson is 500 with the new Verizon 6.5 update.

Verzion Touch Pro2 w/ MR1 update (Windows Mobile 6.5)

Pioneer F700BT w/ valid 3.0 update/Bluetooth v3.3

I've had issues with the volume control not being there for the longest, same thing still. Sometimes it will be there, sometimes not. With my old XV6800 or my Touch Pro, it was the same thing.

It turns out that I also have problems when I try to voice dial. Dialing out from the phone or from the contacts menu works fine. Answering and dialing from voice commands are my only two problems. I still haven't gotten around to trying any of the things I was gonna do to troubleshoot the issue. Has anyone else had any progress? Thanks.

I GOT IT!!!

I finally got around to trying some of the troubleshooting things I was talking about doing. I removed all the extra things from the \Windows\StartUp\ folder that I didn't recognize seeing from my other Windows Mobile phones in the past. There were three files that stood out. BTTrayCE, HTCStartUp, and PKG. After removing all three of those and restarting my phone, everything worked as expected on my F900BT! I can now place calls using the voice dialing and I can actually answer phone calls! I still don't always get the hang up/volume up/volume down dialog on the F900BT, but it doesn't matter what phone I use, I don't ever get that consistently. Not even my wife's F900BT with her Motorola RAZR or her newer Motorola phone. When I have a few more seconds, I'll try and see specifically which file is causing the problem of those three. Obviously, I would figure it to be BTTrayCE based on the name, but you never can tell. As far as what has changed with those three files being absent from the StartUp, beats the hell out of me. I don't notice anything different with my phone now at all (not even memory usage), but I also don't use TouchFlo 3D anymore, so maybe it would be more evident if I did. I'm just stoked that I can use my phone in my car again :). Let me know if this does or does not work for anyone else. Thanks.

It might not be the BTTrayCE because I have it on my phone running EnergyROM Leo and my BT still seems to work fine. The only thing I notice is that every time the unit turns on and the phone connects, the first call is laggy and sometimes won't pick up. But after that, all calls seem to work fine. Does that happen to you too?

No, that's not what has been going on with me. When I first got the phone, it came from Verizon with Windows Mobile 6.1 on it. When it was paired up to my F900BT, I couldn't answer incoming phone calls at all. Not from the headunit or the phone. I could dial out OK, and I think that even using the voice dialing (from the F900BT, not phone voice commands) worked fine. After Verizon released the update for Windows Phone (Windows Mobile 6.5), I had the same thing going on but the voice dialing wouldn't work either. So really, the only thing I could do successfully at that point was place a call by initiating it from the phone or using the Contacts menu on the headunit. After I removed all three of those files I previously mentioned from the \Windows\StartUp\ folder, I can now do everything that I used to be able to do. The first call is just as good as any other for me now. The unit was always a bit funky when it came to using the phone. I think it may have a something to do with the fact that it still uses Bluetooth specification 1.2 where as the phones and most everything else make after 2005 uses 2.x, but I don't know that for fact and 2.x is supposed to be completely backwards compatible. Thanks.

Well, I take back part of what I said. Right now the only thing I can't do seems to be answering, which is huge. At least it seems that my problems are down to just one thing though. Although, I did also disable the HTC dialer and am using the Windows Phone default one.

From everything I've read, it seems to me that it all about the bluetooth stack. I'm not finding anything out there about replacing the stack either. I'm not sure where to go from here...:(

With my last phones - 8525, Tilt, and Fuze - I used Jetware Mobile and everything worked perfectly with both of my cars. My AT&T Tilt 2 works great with my other car but has lots of problems with the F90BT. The first thing I noticed is that the radio isn't muted when I place a call. I can control the volume while a call is in progress but with past phones, the radio always muted. The bigger issue is receiving incoming calls. Even though my address book transferred over perfectly, no caller ID is displayed when a call is received. I can answer the call but then when the conversation is over, the F90BT freezes and is in need of a reset (after every call!). The Tilt 2 hangs for about 20 seconds and then returns to normal use. I tried Jetware Mobile on the Tilt 2 with WM 6.5. It installed fine but I couldn't load the Bluetooth extension. It gave me an error and said this version of WM was incompatible. I contacted Jetware before the holidays and I received an email a few weeks later that my request was being escalated to their level 2 technicians but that was three weeks ago. I notice that the Jetware Mobile site hasn't been updated in a long time so I'm wondering if they are even bothering with a version for 6.5. I love the phone but the Bluetooth stack is killing me!

With my last phones - 8525, Tilt, and Fuze - I used Jetware Mobile and everything worked perfectly with both of my cars. My AT&T Tilt 2 works great with my other car but has lots of problems with the F90BT. The first thing I noticed is that the radio isn't muted when I place a call. I can control the volume while a call is in progress but with past phones, the radio always muted. The bigger issue is receiving incoming calls. Even though my address book transferred over perfectly, no caller ID is displayed when a call is received. I can answer the call but then when the conversation is over, the F90BT freezes and is in need of a reset (after every call!). The Tilt 2 hangs for about 20 seconds and then returns to normal use. I tried Jetware Mobile on the Tilt 2 with WM 6.5. It installed fine but I couldn't load the Bluetooth extension. It gave me an error and said this version of WM was incompatible. I contacted Jetware before the holidays and I received an email a few weeks later that my request was being escalated to their level 2 technicians but that was three weeks ago. I notice that the Jetware Mobile site hasn't been updated in a long time so I'm wondering if they are even bothering with a version for 6.5. I love the phone but the Bluetooth stack is killing me!

It looks like Jetware was released into open source, there's something going one at Sourceforge with it, but they always were supporting Microsoft's Bluetooth stack, rather than Widcomm in Touch Pro2/Tilt2...

It looks like Jetware was released into open source, there's something going one at Sourceforge with it, but they always were supporting Microsoft's Bluetooth stack, rather than Widcomm in Touch Pro2/Tilt2...

What's the name of the project in SourceForge? I just checked there for Jetware and they have nothing coming up. Thanks.

yeah..well, this is unfortunately becoming a showstopper. I really like the TP2. I've tried disabling all voice command and system sounds via bluetooth, I've blown away the F900BT as well as the TP2, tried custom roms on the TP2. I got nothin'.

Can't answer a call on the F900BT or on a Jawbone headset. The caller gets sent straight to voicemail, the phone hangs for ~20 seconds, and the F900BT (usually) requires a power cycle.

I can, however, make calls, but in the F900BT's case, the phone UI does not show up. The audio is muted but the unit otherwise acts like no call is in progress.

My Touch Pro and Mogul were both fine and worked perfectly; I tried a Droid Eris and that was fine, as well. Unfortunate that HTC has decided to integrate the Widcomm software instead of the Microsoft BT stack.

Does the Motorola DROID work okay?

Not sure why you guys are still having problems, even after custom ROMs. Mine has been working pretty smoothly lately. I just flashed the latest Energy ROM, will test it out later.

You guys might want to try Mighty Mikes 1/9/10 ROM, it worked for me perfectly. I would have stuck with it, but I prefer Sense 2.5. I did try, his newer releases, but there were problems, so try the 1/9/10 ROM first. I will also upload the BT files I grabbed from that ROM for you guys to try out. I've replaced files on different ROMs, with them and the BT worked, so maybe it will for you guys too.