AVIC411.com

BT Problem - HTC Touch Pro2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still thinking phone. Are you a Verizon customer? If so, you know that you can buy any phone and return it with-in 30 days and get a complete refund (even get your calling plan reverted if you had changed it). You can't do that and exchange it for another phone for free, but if you just return it, it would be like you never bought it. If you're in the market, I would consider buying another phone. I love my Touch Pro2 now that it has Windows Phone (Windows Mobile 6.5) and I have it working so great with my AVIC unit. Not saying I won't continue to try and help you resolve your issue, but something is up. But if you did decide to get another phone and you had nothing but the same stuff happening, then you could always return it and not be at a loss. The fact that you can't even get the phone to stay in discovery mode for a full minute is weird as hell. Also, try finding the setting to make your phone always stay in discovery mode. I wouldn't leave it like that permanently, but it's worth doing for troubleshooting this. Thanks.

Ok, I need to explain FULLY what I was doing (Taking off the dunce cap).

All the while I was thinking I was searching for BT devices from my phone, I never had "Allow other BT devices to discover me" enabled. Once I enabled it, the AVIC was able to detect it, but rebooted as soon as the initial connection was made.

Now, I get home and attempt the connection using an old PPC-6600 running Winmobile 2003. Same issue.

I break down and tell the wife ( I had to use her Blackberry to test with) was has transpired and as I told everyone b4, she laughed at me. Doubled over, the whole bit. After I scooped up my pride off the kitchen floor, I moped down to the garage to run the test using her BB. Same issue. The AVIC didn't discover the BB with either the BT discovery mode enabled or disabled. Again, I had to use the 3rd option (Same as it did with the PPC-6600, xv6850 (HTC Touch Pro). Once it detected the BB, it rebooted.

This is ridiculous! $500+ on a brand new POS running Win CE and a guarantee from Pioneer of no support? What kills me is that it's all MS. I'd understand if this was a OS/2 or even an early Linux Red Hat edition. I totally appreciate everyone’s help on this, but I paid extra for a false assurance that this "X" series running Ver.3+ probably wouldn't have the same issue as my F500BT did (Pioneer's 3 week hostage of the AVIC 500 with a "No findings" report, thus the sale).

If I can't get it working with a Verizon rep (I'm gonna have them in the parking lot with a box full of phones testing and making sure 1 of them will pair up successfully) by this weekend, I'm going to sell it. Yes, I bought it less than a week ago, but suffered months of agony dealing with an lack luster version last summer.

Again, feel free to toss out any and all suggestions. I'll sacrifice a yak if it helps.

This is a long shot, but have you tried flashing to a custom TP rom?

Yes, Numerous. Same result.

All, checkout my post last year with my old F500BT. Same issue, different phone. I had a XV-6700 (Tried stock ROM Win mobile 5, 6.1, and 4 versions of 6.5) back then. Tried with my current phone (Winmobile 6.1 stock Verizon ROM) b4 I sold it.

The post is called:

"My F500BT keeps rebooting after BT pairing with my phone"

Update:

Today I discovered if I turned on Serial Port with in BT settings, it will pair successfully and stay connected. Each one of the ROM's I've been downloading, these settings were different as a default.

However, after shutting down the truck and coming back to it (with the phone still having BT enabled) once it pairs back to the AVIC, it rebots again. But if I reboot the phone after this happens, it connects succefully again. I called the wife from teh truck and said "HA!".

Not out of the woods yet, but I do see daylight....

I've found a pattern that occurs 80% of the time. The AVIC has to be already on and listening for the BT connection. The BT on the phone cannot be enabled before the AVIC boots. After a sucessful connection is made and I've reached my destination (turning off my truck), I must also disbale BT on my phone. If I leave it enabled and start the truck (AVIC as well), as soon as the BT connection is made, it reboots. However, if I disbale BT on my phone, reboot it, wait until the AVIC boots, then enable BT on my phone, my success rate increases.

It's like both the WinMobile and WinCE both registries need to be refreshed (or some flag in it needs to be toggled).

I'm not married ot my phone (Although I've been with Winmobile phones since 05'), so I will get another phone even if it's older and not a WinMobile OS device. Any suggestions on a home run? I should ask for a poll of "What phone are you using which has given you very little to zero problems with your AVIC?" Is anyone using the "suggested" phones in the middle section/selection of the Phone connections screen?