AVIC411.com

N-S-E-W old unit out of commision - new refurb came in 1/8

Well guys - Looks like I've managed to kill my unit, not by modding but by the unit falling off my desk and landing awkwardly on the side plug. It's on its last legs and will totally break soon. Because of this I've decided not to continue modding it. I'll see how my withdrawal goes and if I need to I'll buy a refurbished unit sometime after Christmas.

I will definately need to dedicate more of my time to my oldest daughter as well. I found out about six weeks ago that I'm going to be a grandpa. I'm really looking forward to it.

It has been my pleasure in communicating with you guys and learning 1st how to mod then 2) offering my discoveries to all of you. Be well and have a happy holiday season to you and all your loved ones.

N-S-E-W is over and out. ( I'll probably lurk for a little while)

it can't be, you're one of the foundations here

I will definately need to dedicate more of my time to my oldest daughter as well. I found out about six weeks ago that I'm going to be a grandpa. I'm really looking forward to it.

congrats with the grandkid

Well guys - Looks like I've managed to kill my unit, not by modding but by the unit falling off my desk and landing awkwardly on the side plug. It's on its last legs and will totally break soon. Because of this I've decided not to continue modding it. I'll see how my withdrawal goes and if I need to I'll buy a refurbished unit sometime after Christmas.

It has been my pleasure in communicating with you guys and learning 1st how to mod then 2) offering my discoveries to all of you. Be well and have a happy holiday season to you and all your loved ones.

I'd say a grandkid is more important than AVIC modding... But you'll be missed.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for nice words. i do have a while to go before I'm a grandpa, mid to late June.

I ordered a refurb after Christmas and it came in today. I also ordered the 3.0 upgrade. The unit is in the charger. I'll start with the upgrade tomorrow and hopefully have the hacked ezrider and the building files installed.

I'm back for a little while longer.

Thanks for nice words. i do have a while to go before I'm a grandpa, mid to late June.

I ordered a refurb after Christmas and it came in today. I also ordered the 3.0 upgrade. The unit is in the charger. I'll start with the upgrade tomorrow and hopefully have the hacked ezrider and the building files installed.

I'm back for a little while longer.

Nice man! Glad to see things worked out. These damn units are like crack. As soon as you start using a modded one there is no way to set the pipe down and start using a (or any) stock system. ;)