AVIC411.com

Hey guys, I have noticed that when I use my ipod, only the left side of the my car's speakers work. When I move the sound all the way to the right using the AV sound settings, the volume is uber low and the music sounds distorted. This only occurs with the ipod however as both using cd's and the radio works fine for both sides of my car's speakers. Any ideas what's wrong?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're not alone, i just started having this issue myself.

cd audio, as well as AM/FM audio work fine on all speakers of the car, but then when i switch to my iPod, audio output gets shifted to the left side of the car. i feel as though it may be a bad iPod cable, but that's just a guess.

cd audio, as well as AM/FM audio work fine on all speakers of the car, but then when i switch to my iPod, audio output gets shifted to the left side of the car. i feel as though it may be a bad iPod cable, but that's just a guess.

Does anybody read my posts? You have your right ipod connector going to the wrong input. Check your connections. This is an easy mistake to do as there are several L/R inputs in the back of the harness. Recheck all your connections

I've seen alot of explanations for this prob, as I had it myself. I took my unit out of the dash a couple of times, twisted the RCA connections and it fixed the prob. Catch is, it will happen again. I have the Pioneer cable going to my Nano. Reluctantly, I finally soldered the RCA connections and it's been working flawlessly ever since. It was a major pain, but worth it. You would think Pioneer would do a better job with their cables.

• 6 months later...

Does anybody read my posts? You have your right ipod connector going to the wrong input. Check your connections. This is an easy mistake to do as there are several L/R inputs in the back of the harness. Recheck all your connections

In fact, your instructions help nothing.

In fact, your instructions help nothing.

Have you verified that it's wired correctly by pulling it out of the dash a 2nd time? or are you just going to stubbornly say "of course I hooked it up right"

There's a reason the regulars ask these questions...

I'm experienced in buliding car hifis (more than en years), you can be sure I know what I'm talking about. I have an Ipod Classic 6th gen. I works perfectly for a short time, then once the left side fades once the right side.

By the way in the menu of the headunit is an option for aux to choose what kind of source you have connected. "Ipod" has to be set otherwise you hear nothing. If I set to Ipod I can hear music, so it has to be the right input (in fact it is also marked on the cables, the other video input is for reverse cam, the other AV input is in the front of the hu). Also not so difficult to connect the red plug to the red, the white plug to the white).

So this "check your cable inputs" instructions help really nothing.

This is an easy mistake to do as there are several L/R inputs in the back of the harness. No there are no serveral harness, only one that clearly belongs to Ipod. Only one AV input is in the back of the car. I you connect your Ipod to RCA preouts, you won't hear anything.

Here in this forum I got the information that the RCA plugs hace to be resoldered to fix this problem.

I'm experienced in buliding car hifis (more than en years), you can be sure I know what I'm talking about. I have an Ipod Classic 6th gen. I works perfectly for a short time, then once the left side fades once the right side.

And we're supposed to psychically know this?

With a thread full of "me too"s" with multiple posters barely giving enough information to know they even HAVE an ipod, you have to give the folks that respond a break some times.

abb1 gave good general advice,

And we're supposed to psychically know this?

With a thread full of "me too"s" with multiple posters barely giving enough information to know they even HAVE an ipod, you have to give the folks that respond a break some times.

abb1 gave good general advice,

You don't understand me. You cannot connect your to any other plug. This AV input looks like a package. Three RCAs (red, white, yellow) are in a group and marked with a label (AV input). The IPOD cable looks the same (red, white, yellow). The rest of the harness is completely different.

By the way this sentence was interresting: Does anybody read my posts? You have your right ipod connector going to the wrong input. He seems to be sure that he's got the solution and nobody can read the labels on the wiring loom.

- I cannot hear my radio...

- Check if it it is powered on... :)

You cannot connect your IPOD to any other plug. Sorry.

and that's in response to what comment? out of context it means nothing, AND it's inaccurate.

one can easily use a different cable and connect an ipod to the front input AV2

one can also connect the ipod cable audio to either the front or rear RCA OUTPUTS if they're not paying attention, they will physically fit, but they won't work correctly.

I count 4 completely different ways to connect an ipod, only 2 of which work, and only one that lets you control it from the AVIC.

You cannot connect your IPOD to any other plug. Sorry.

and that's in response to what comment? out of context it means nothing, AND it's inaccurate.

one can easily use a different cable and connect an ipod to the front input AV2

one can also connect the ipod cable audio to either the front or rear RCA OUTPUTS if they're not paying attention, they will physically fit, but they won't work correctly.

I count 4 completely different ways to connect an ipod, only 2 of which work, and only one that lets you control it from the AVIC.

In your 4 completely different ways neither the left nor the right side speakers won't make any noise. The person that opened this topic had working left side speakers. To have any working speaker from IPOD, you have to use the AV1 input. So if he found the clamped set of AV1 and connected the RCA of the left side to it, I'm sure he found the right side, too.

This conversation makes no sense. :lol: Peace.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with mine, but the distortion will vary from left to right. Sometimes it'll be perfectly clear, sometimes slightly bad, sometimes unlistenable. Does the same thing on both my ipod touch and my nano. If I unplug from the ipod and reconnect it it'll work for a varying amount of time. I'm going to guess likely a cable issue, but what do you guys figure?