AVIC411.com

Hope this helps, I had poor reception until I connected the blue wire from the Avic unit- auto antenna relay control terminal to my antenna booster power control terminal on my car (refer to your vehicle wiring diagram), I have a Mercedes with a rear glass antenna. If you have an in glass antenna, I know you need to do this, otherwise if there is any power from your old antenna, connect it there. Perhaps pull the unit out and experiment/trouble shoot. My unit works flawlessly now, but I've pulled it out approx. 4-5 times fixing small probs, the latest being the RCA connects on the Ipod connection, but that's another thread. Good Luck!

• 2 years later...

OK, same problem with my f90bt, poor FM signal, favorite station fades in and out to quietness no static,at a light i just have to move forward a foot or two to listen. AM = mostly static. Antenna is outside rt front fender mast type and plugged in with no antenna booster, not sure if blue wire is connected. Would a new antenna and/or booster make a difference?

This issue arises in many cars because, unbeknownst to the owner, there is an antenna amplifier in line with your antenna that needs power to make it work. My 2005 Subaru WRX was like this. I didn't realize that a pin in the harness actually supplied this power. I never knew there was an amp. It's particularly common on cars with in glass antennae.