AVIC411.com

Upgraded from 3.00.03 to 3.02.02 - Problems!

This happened to me the first time I ran the update. You need to find a 2.0 backup and restore that. Then do the 3.0 update again. It wont boot from the 3.0 update because it sees that its already there. Just restore a 2.0 flash disk backup and then perform the 3.0 update again. When you restore 2.0 it will have the same please wait message but just do all the steps before it reboots and you will be fine.

The exact same problem just happened to me, but I was stupid enough to assume that it would work and didn't back up. I've always backed everything up, but never needed to use them, so I got complacent... What a pita.

Diaftia, when you say restore to 2.0, you're talking about WinCE (the blue screen) correct? In this case, can you suggest where I might be able to find a 2.0 to restore?

I'm using a US F90BT and was running Australian maps without a hitch. When I copied the folders across, I used my Aussie maps, etc rather than the ones that were already there. Could this have caused any problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have you had any luck Sooty?

Yes I have!

Still playing and testing but as it stands it seems I've cracked it :D

First, I backed up my (albeit broken) 3.0202 image.

I downloaded the 3.01 X910BT (US) Image from here:

Server: ftp://www.turboss.com

User: avicuser

Password: Avic911

(by the way, on that server there is the main zip and a secondary (par2) file which seems to do nothing, so i didn't bother with it)

Then into that, I merged the official UK 3.0202 update, then I merged in the latest EU Diaftia Hybrid along with the hacked ezrider.exe and licence file...

Next I deleted all of the US stuff from the content folder, and copied in all my UK stuff from my busted image - at least this had some purpose! - with the exception of the UK map for which I used the latest one from Sept '09.

I then deleted the files from within the USER/UserData/iGo/Save folder (so that my settings would be rebuilt as per Diaftia's instructions) and wrote the whole lot to an SD card along with the testmode folder...

Booted into WinCE, deleted everything off the "My Flash Disk" then copied over the contents of my all-in-one folder and hey presto, its all up and running and good to go :D

Hope this helps you 3xemplar and anyone else who's stuck :)

Good to hear you've got it sorted. I got it going as well by deleting everything in My Flash Disk and recopying everything, but this time with the regular maps, etc.

Not sure what it was that fixed it, but I suspect it was having issues loading my old maps. Looking for new ones now. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello, i noticed this is a pretty old topic but i think this is your solution.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29258

Check the end of the post :

Situation: Upon Startup the "System Startup in progress please wait..." message displays and stays on.

Solution: You copy and pasted over the wrong EZrider. Use the one from the link in step 3

Situtation: Upon Startup the system keeps self rebooting

Solution: You may have some corrupted files from step 1. Try downloading them all again

Server: ftp://www.turboss.com

User: avicuser

Password: Avic911

No longer works. Does anyone know where else 3.01 can be obtained?

Pioneer no longer offers this as a download, you now have to order it from them. I already have the 3.02 download but need the 3.01 update installed before you can update to 3.02.

Correction, password is not Avic911, remember the name of the forum and you will be able to get into this.