AVIC411.com

Jailbroken iPhone + TVOut

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive been playing around with this and I found that you do NOT have to sync a movie to your iDevice to have visuals on the Z. Simply connect iDevice, go into iPod settings on the Z and change control from navi to ipod. Getting ready to try Resupported so I dont have to use the touch marker (annoys da hell out of me).

Also Ive been using an app for iPhone\Windows called ORB which will basically turn your home PC into a Slingbox.

• 5 weeks later...

ah yes. I remember orb from way back about 5 or 6 years ago on my media pc. Another cool app to have on hand is Air Video which allows you to stream and convert video files live from your PC. I have over 500 movies and 12 TV show series on my media center. If I can successfully get this TV out thing to work I will pretty much have my entire TV/Movie collection right on my iphone which can be connected to the Z!!! OMG. I love new technology!

• 3 months later...

To make this work you must have the TVout on and connected with the pioneer ipod cable. On the AVIC screen put it on ipod them touch the little gear on the screen and change the setting on the lower left hand box from NAV control to Ipod control and go back to the ipod screen and you will be in TV out mode and your phone screen will display. To go back to the ipod control screen click the little gear again and change the lower left hand box back to NAV controls and got back to the previous screen and it will be ipod control not TV out

On the AVIC screen put it on ipod them touch the little gear on the screen and change the setting on the lower left hand box from NAV control to Ipod control and go back to the ipod screen and you will be in TV out mode and your phone screen will display.

This step is not necessary to get this to work. Just make sure your TVOUT extension is on and select VIDEO on the iPod source and open whatever video app you want. Everything will still need to be controlled from the phone however.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

forgive me i'm new at this.

so i followed the guides and i'm on an iphne4 with cydia. i got the tv out app and ran it on the z110bt (running 1001) it seemed to work well but since i did it my ipod function has gone down. it shows the ipod and all but no sounds comes out of it till i switch to the av1 which is where i set up the app. can anyone kindly tell me if there is a solution? otherwise i will delete the tvout app and see how that goes.

many thanks

Hi guys,

forgive me i'm new at this.

so i followed the guides and i'm on an iphne4 with cydia. i got the tv out app and ran it on the z110bt (running 1001) it seemed to work well but since i did it my ipod function has gone down. it shows the ipod and all but no sounds comes out of it till i switch to the av1 which is where i set up the app. can anyone kindly tell me if there is a solution? otherwise i will delete the tvout app and see how that goes.

many thanks

Just a guess....pg 143 of z110 manual, "Change Control Mode" needs to be set to Navi for normal iPod functionality. If you are playing iPod apps, set it to iPod.

And, AV Source should be iPod.