AVIC411.com

Upgrade from v2 to v3..(EU UNITS ONLY)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem with WinCE. Does anyone can help me. Mine was successful make 15 steps. My unit starts format Flash disk, but about 30 secunds (44 percent of all formats) Screen goes black and thats all. What do to. Are there any other options for updating WinCe. I attaced a video file.

1. format an SD card on your PC using the FAT32 file system

2. Check that your SD has no files on it

3. Copy from the files WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS from the above zip to the root dirctory of your new SD card

4. Verify the only files on the new SD card are WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS

5. Boot your avic into the service mode using the next steps

6. Power on the AVIC

7. When the boot screen appears, Press and hold in the Menu, Map and Eject buttons

8. Press the reset keep pressing in the eject button , Menu, Map.

9. You will see Blue screen with the words "Please push reset key again", you can now let go of the keys

10. Enter the password, Press UP, UP, DOWN, MENU, LEFT, RIGHT

11. You will now be in the service menu.

12. Its a good idea to test the Bluetooth while you are here so do that if you like. NOTE: Option 2 in the bluetooth menu will bot work with a special cable

13. Go into the WINCE Upgrade menu

14. Insert the SD card we made in the first 6 Steps

15. Select the first option, "WINCE by SD/MMC (Format). This will reformat "My Flash Disk"

mines doing exactly the same, step 15. from

16. The Winceimg files will now copy into flash. This takes about 5 mins to complete. On the bottom of the scree you will see this as it's done.

17. Wait till you asked to restart

18. Press the reset button again.

i downloaded the 3 files from viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31236 which comes to 1.49gb, i put that onto the sd card and copy that to the My flash disk and wait 20 mins but when i restart nothing happens.

what am i doing wrong? now i put the 3 files on the sd card and copy them onto My flash disk but when i restart i get my splash screen then nothing

i saw on another post that on the sd card you should have 19 icons http://www.imagebam.com/image/5fa19542574343

but i only got the three from the downloads

help please

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Great forum and thanks for all your efforts.

I just carried out the update, all as recommended and went fine. Then I applied the Pioneer update, went fine.

Everything works but the unit stopped remembering the last used audio source. That is, when I listen to the radio and switch off the engine, go buy a pack of fags or whatever, turn the engine on, and it always starts in USB mode and plays folder 1, song 1. I can of course manually switch to radio, but before I do, I have song 1 in folder 1, always.

It actually starts driving me nuts. What do I do? Is there some config file where I can tell the unit to remember that I was listening to radio before getting out?

Thanks for all suggestions.

benski

• 7 months later...

used on my F900BT Europe (UK) version

This is for a EU unit..

1. latest WinCE version from 3.0202 EU.. <!-- m -->http://www.cdrpro.co.uk/wince.zip<!-- m -->

2. Testmode 2.3.. <!-- m -->http://www.cdrpro.co.uk/testmode.zip<!-- m -->

2. Copy of 3.000303 Flash drive.. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26625&p=182800#p182768">viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26625&p=182800#p182768</a><!--

Great forum!! Thanx!

1. and 2. = Offline

Can anyone load it online again?? I like to update my F900bt..

thx

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone please direct me to a place where i can download the updated WinCE 3.0202 EU ? It seems that the mentioned web page doesnt exist anymore.

When i try to update WinCE SD/MMC (format) in the service menu on the Avic F900, it just keeps reading at 100% and nothing happends... I hope that this is due to using af US version of WinCE?

• 1 month later...

Just completed the update using the info from this post...how did i live with my slow AVIC for all these years. Night and day difference.

iPod control is especially much quicker.

naldal, which version are you updating from?

• 1 month later...

I know little about RAR files; hence my question!

I am having the crc error described here. However one of the two files is the Italy map which I don't need. Can I simply not extract that file. Similarly I have a data error with a vf-clare file, but here I have access to another copy elsewhere. Can I again not extract that file and use the good copy that I have.

My question is therefore are the errors described above only relevant to the affected files or does it mean that the entire rar file is suspect?

Thanks

Colin

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...