AVIC411.com

x920bt initial thoughts after a few hours

Yeah, so just to update my thoughts, I had issues where VR didn't work at all with my iphone 3gs. I restored my iphone and that fixed it. Guess the VR database was corrupted.

The one annoying thing so far is pandora not working guess the software isn't out yet AND no sphere software pc program yet.

Guess that's what you get for being a day 1 adopter eh? Shame on me, guess I didn't learn with the whole f series fiasco. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that is really frustrating is in the user manual it says very simply on page 126 of operations manual

1.Display av screen

2. connect ipod

3. start up pandora on ipod, which is already a huge mistype since ipod won't run pandora without wifi, and i doubt you will have that driving in your car. Iphone seems a better fit

4. tap pandora on left side of screen to display pandora screen

5. use touch panel on screen to control pandora.

Thats it, no mention of a specific "iphone pandora link app for pioneer" Just have latest version of pandora app installed, 3.0 iphone or higher, ipod control cable.

Here is some great english for you taking from page 126 of operations manual : "You can play the pandora by connecting your ipod which was installed the pandora application."

Wow, call me crazy but im assuming whoever wrote that didn't speak english or not very well. Shows their attention to detail. Which is pretty relaxed. I assume no one proof read it?

I wonder if they forgot a few steps or apps or if something is wrong with my setup. No one owns this thing yet to know!

3. start up pandora on ipod, which is already a huge mistype since ipod won't run pandora without wifi, and i doubt you will have that driving in your car.

Wait! Your in Canada? That may be your problem right there. Pandora works just fine over 3G in the US but my understanding is it is not even suppose to work in Canada at all. I am now wondering if this is a Canadian issue with your unit. Otherwise, you should have Pandora working over 3G without problem. This whole thing with Pandora link with these units would have been stupid if Pandora was limited to wifi only as this is a mobile environment.

Only way Pandora will work in Canada is if you can hide the location from them. I have accomplished it on my home computers with tunneling through a VPN server basically. I have tried it on my iPod Touch while at home but can't get the app to open at all. That is when I can get the VPN to connect at all that is. It was finicky when I first installed it but it just won't connect at all now unfortunately.

Just posted on Facebook from Pioneer North America:

Pioneer Electronics (North America) wants to give a heads up to those who have already purchased the new AVIC-X920BT: The PC version of Musicsphere and PandoraLink iPhone app will be available on our website very soon. Thank you for your support and patience.

still deciding if i want to return my z110t and get the x920 since they are the same price blah

I wouldn't do that. You have the better of the two units and when the 120 upgrade is released you will have the same software as the 920.

I seriously doubt therwill be that huge of an upgrade via software my guess is a new version will be put out so they can make the extra cash and not have to deal with fouled upgrades. Has there ever been an update for any of the z series like the x or f? But hey I could be wrong but I wouldn't hold my breath.

There were a couple of maintenance updates for the previous Z series to address BT echo and hard drive freezing issues in extreme weather but that was about it. The 120 to 110 update will likely be included with the first map upgrade for the 110.

has anyone that has used the x920bt also used the z110? I'm curious if the hardware in the z110 is faster and if so by how much. If the x920bt is sluggish compared to the z110 then I'll buy the z110 and upgrade software later, if not I might just go with the x920bt. Any opinions are welcome.

Well I never seen a z110bt, but I can't imagine the speed is any different. That is, it can't get any faster in my opinion. Touch panel, maps etc are all as quick as you hit the button. That includes poi's, searching. The only thing that does take a few seconds is when your calculating a route. Boot up time is seconds, 15 is what I counted on a timer until interaction screen appears.

It's a great unit. I am really happy, even if the pandora link app or other app isnt out yet.