AVIC411.com

Modify Your F-Series Base OS and Registry

It works with x710BT WinCEIMG. I modified the fw 3.02.200 (for x710BT) image and loaded to my unit. It works great!! I don't have to worry about lossing the Korean font now. :D

Can you please tell me where do you get the .IMG and .CKL files that your modification is based on?

Thanks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the latest from Pioneer UK.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/support/sof ... download_7

It worked without any issue at first trial. :wink: I'm pretty happy with it.

So you extract the WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS files from the zip, then mod it with the tools of this thread?

I thought that Pioneer will require some kind of activation of something, unless the activation doesn't apply to the WinCE, but only the iGo software and maps.

Can anyone confirm this?

I used the latest from Pioneer UK.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/support/sof ... download_7

It worked without any issue at first trial. :wink: I'm pretty happy with it.

So you extract the WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS files from the zip, then mod it with the tools of this thread?

I thought that Pioneer will require some kind of activation of something, unless the activation doesn't apply to the WinCE, but only the iGo software and maps.

Can anyone confirm this?

WinCEIMG doesn't have any activation. Just get the files PLT folder.

Can anyone confirm this?

Correct, it only applied when using the 2.10 -> 3.x upgrade path from the Pioneer SD card. It unlocks the iGo 8.3 collateral (software and maps) under APL2/.

Using eboot to flash a new WinCE BIN/CKS to the flash doesn't require an unlock code, but trying to use 3.x WINCE.BIN/CKS with 2.x software is not likely to work (different drivers, missing registry entries, etc).

There is a free download link from Pioneer USA website for the FW 3.0201, for X710BT and X910BT, and the 202 MB download doesn't contain any WINCEIMG.* file, so I can't really use the tool from this thread to edit the WinCE image. Is this right? :twisted:

However, for his X710BT, ndy4eva does use the F700BT FW 3.0202 image from Pioneer UK website that contains the WINCEIMG.* files, and it seems to be OK. Any explaination on that? Why is that FW free of charge for the F Series?

Does anyone know a similar download link from Pioneer for the F700BT model for the US market?

Thanks.

Hey, for some reason my update emails stopped coming to me so I didn't realize people were responding on here. I'm glad you've had success updating the images to add Korean fonts! I will try to maintain this tool and provide support for it as much as possible. I think, though, that there should be a new thread or another separate effort targeting the collection of OS image files so people can use them with this tool.

I think I'm going to slim down a registry (remove all those extra modem driver entries) and include it with the tool. I'm kind of wondering if the registry between the different units is any different. They very well could be the exact same thing. The only other way would be for the tool to provide an option to seek out known "unused" sections of the registry and remove them. I'll post an update when I get this working...

Hey, for some reason my update emails stopped coming to me so I didn't realize people were responding on here. I'm glad you've had success updating the images to add Korean fonts! I will try to maintain this tool and provide support for it as much as possible. I think, though, that there should be a new thread or another separate effort targeting the collection of OS image files so people can use them with this tool.

I think I'm going to slim down a registry (remove all those extra modem driver entries) and include it with the tool. I'm kind of wondering if the registry between the different units is any different. They very well could be the exact same thing. The only other way would be for the tool to provide an option to seek out known "unused" sections of the registry and remove them. I'll post an update when I get this working...

The WinCEIMG that you're using, what's the size of original bin file? I'm not so sure if I have the latest version.

The WinCEIMG that you're using, what's the size of original bin file? I'm not so sure if I have the latest version.

Looks like 18,733,836 bytes

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynzzaol4lfj/Originals.zip

Strange ... I have the one from the FW 3.0, its size is 18,702,296 bytes (download from the link of this forum) and the other FW 3.0202 (european version), its size is 18,719,528 bytes (download from official Pioneer european website).

Any thoughts???

Strange ... I have the one from the FW 3.0, its size is 18,702,296 bytes (download from the link of this forum) and the other FW 3.0202 (european version), its size is 18,719,528 bytes (download from official Pioneer european website).

Any thoughts???

f500 and f700/900/x710/x910 uses different WinCEIMG. One you're talking about is for f700/f900/x710/x910. :)

ndy4eva,

Since you are using european FW 3.0202 for a NA X710BT, do you have any problem with the FM/AM radio reception or Video visioning issues. I heard that european commands/ASIC board are different from the NA version, especially in the area of MSN Direct and TMC (you don't have this problem since X710BT doesn't support MSN Direct).

Thanks.