• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

thanks EEgeek, Abb and all the modders,

Hey EEgeek,

I am using FX3.1 with Abb4.0 mod, any chance you would share your hibernate mod or point me to the right direction to

incorporate it to this setup. Be easy with me please, I am a newbie.

If you don't need to add anything to the Windows folder or modify its registry, then you don't need this hack. FX3.1 already contains the latest firmware and Windows CE.

Well, with thanks to EEGeek, this hack works for me. However for others, I have encountered the following:

2. AVIC-modder does not run within a VMware WinXP VM, on top of a Win7 host. I tested on two different PCs.
  3. Even nothing has been added, if you try to rebuild the WinCE image, you would have to delete at least one existing registry key to make it works (don't forget to SAVE).
  4. On Win7, after adding files to the "new files" folder, pressing "Add Files" will issue an error. Just press it again and it will "Success", and that works.
  5. "Add Files" can only add files to the main Windows folder, but not sub-folders! If you want to add files to \Windows\Desktop or \Windows\Startup, then you're out of lucks. This could be a good improvement to consider though ...

My final image is now 26 GB instead of the original 18 GB, and works fine. No more font updating via TestMode again!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks.

New to this, and excited about the F500BT, but frustrated by not getting too far in hours and days of searching, w/o finding the backup procedures before I can start. I D/L EEgeek's program and was able to install a newer Samantha, after upgrading to FW 2.006000. (I love EE's soft OFF and the abailty to mod the 500 w/o using TESTMODE, as this unit will be hard wired into the car.) Hell, I have D/Led almost everything (including two TESTMODE versions) that work here, for the 500, but want a backup in case I BRICK it..

Like most of you, I want the latest OS, and functionality way better than Pio offers, plus the ability to easily enter CE.

Please. patience and a link to start. a full B/U. Thanks

We all take before we can give back.

Hi

I wiil test it and i 'll give feedback. Can you my be help me to resolv my problem i bye the new version 200FM from Pioneer but i can't install it do you have any idea ? i reboot with card A and with Card B but the system tel me that he need other card .I have F900BT USA Version in Europe...Please can you help me .mail : my@nayer.ch.I can send you a copy for test...

New to this, and excited about the F500BT, but frustrated by not getting too far in hours and days of searching, w/o finding the backup procedures before I can start. I D/L EEgeek's program and was able to install a newer Samantha, after upgrading to FW 2.006000. (I love EE's soft OFF and the abailty to mod the 500 w/o using TESTMODE, as this unit will be hard wired into the car.) Hell, I have D/Led almost everything (including two TESTMODE versions) that work here, for the 500, but want a backup in case I BRICK it..

Like most of you, I want the latest OS, and functionality way better than Pio offers, plus the ability to easily enter CE.

Please. patience and a link to start. a full B/U. Thanks

We all take before we can give back.

For the FW, you can't really back it up. If you have to reinstall it, you would have to download an image from this forum or using the original SD cards to reinstall. For FW 3.x, search for WINCEIMG in this forum.

As for the complete backup before modding, it is quite simple:

2. Boot to TestMode
  3. Open explorer and copy the WHOLE folder "\My Flash Disk" (with all subfolders) an SD card with more than 2 GB of space.

The backup is only used to roll back in case you are doing something wrong with the mods or hacks of this forum.

There are currently three active mods in this forum, but only for firmware V3.x, so you would have to serach instruction to upgrade your FW.

•  
  • Chuck88's Nav Mod 2.80g (my own mod, V3.0 is coming)
  • Abb1's Mod 5.0
  • Diaftia's Mod 3.4

Try them all and keep the one that you like the most.

Good lucks!

If any of you would like to be able to extract the base OS out of your F-Series unit, add files to the OS image, or modify the system registry, I've created a tool to automate the process called avic-modder. I've added a wiki page with the manual instructions (if you don't want to use my app) AND a link to my app. Here's the software link again here:

<!-- m -->http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmzymzgzg ... r_beta.zip<!-- m -->

All you need to do is copy your WINCEIMG.BIN file from you "My Flash Disk" folder to your PC and then open it with this software. The rest should be obvious. If it's not obvious, I'll add some more instructions in here.

This has allowed me to customize my unit so I don't need to use testmode to boot a custom setup. This means if you don't like having your unit reboot every time you start your car (testmode annoyance), this can help. If you'd like to include new drivers into the OS image, this can do that too. It can also help you launch Leetlauncher or something else at boot, even with no SD card inserted.

The output is a new WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS file to use via the service menu to update your Windows image.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS FILES IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!!!

Hi EEgeek:

2 questions for you:

Can I just copy the winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks to to my avic or do I need to do the service menu to update it? I have 3.1 firmware now. I have f90bt unit.

Also you changed your winceimg.bin and .cks. Can I get a copy of yours since you already made some modification? I am uneasy not knowing what to delete and add etc.

Thanks

Jimbo

• 2 months later...

Thanks EEGeek,

I don't have avic model and my firmware is of n000FF format but thanks to your hard work I was able to change registry

settings in my default.fdf, I added "explorer.exe" to empty Launch50 key and removed something from Launch97.

I have also learned how to change a check sum.

Although, the registry change didn't help in starting explorer.exe on reboot but the change in registry is done.

I cannot start explorer.exe even if I double click on it; I am using CECMD.exe instead of explorer.exe, to navigate

my folders. Does anybody know what can be the problem here; I've got 289 files in my ROM, more than enough to run

all ARM applications, except of windows explorer.exe and taskbar, you cannot close the last running application,

there is no desktop to close to.

Sorry guys for interrupting, I've just wanted to say thanks to EEGeek.

The explorer issue sorted temporarily, I have copied explorer.exe from MioPocket4 release to windows folder, performed soft reset and unit restarted to windows CE desktop, with the taskbar and keyboard on it, partially happy.

• 6 months later...