AVIC411.com

Modify Your F-Series Base OS and Registry

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ndy4eva,

Since you are using european FW 3.0202 for a NA X710BT, do you have any problem with the FM/AM radio reception or Video visioning issues. I heard that european commands/ASIC board are different from the NA version, especially in the area of MSN Direct and TMC (you don't have this problem since X710BT doesn't support MSN Direct).

Thanks.

No, I don't have any issue with AM/FM. Not sure what you mean by Vidion visioning issue.

No, I don't have any issue with AM/FM. Not sure what you mean by Vidion visioning issue.

Hi ndy4eva,

Because of this: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25108&start=150

Please see exchanges between Chuck88 and FourG. Then if you have anything to post that can help others in their quests, please do so.

Thanks.

To be fair, if there is anecdotal evidence that the EW firmware is running fine on the UC hardware and you're willing to accept the risk of running a mismatched FW/HW combination, by all means push the limits. It's how half of the stuff on the Hacks and Mods forum came to be. ;)

I did forget that there is a process where the uCOM reports to the Navi what some of the system parameters are set to (see APL\uComInitComm.exe and USER\SystemData\uComInitComm\*.txt under your MyFlashDisk backup). Since that process exists, it's possible the EW firmware does have the UC code as well, and the software chooses the right code to execute that supports that region's AV board features. It may also mean that when running on a UC board, you don't get any of the benefits of the EW code fixes because they're never actually executed.

Remember, just because the EW guys have a bigger number than us UC folks doesn't mean it's been validated to run right on our rigs. But if their timezone settings actually work right, then by God I'll start running it too! (seriously Pioneer, how hard is it to correctly detect a WHOLE FREAKING STATE?!) :D

Hi FourG,

Thank again for the insight ...

I don't believe that the FW 3.0202 contains any more fix than the FW 3.0201, it is simply a different release for the EU market, it probably contains some region specific codes, but it should be based on the baseline. It is otherwise very stupid on their part to release one FW more stable than the other ...

My digging into the FW 3.0202 EW rather than the FW 3.0201 UC is because I haven't been able to find an upgrade image for my UC X710BT from Pioneer with the WinCEImg.BIN and .CKS inside, while an image is available on their website for the EW F710BT WITH the WinCEImg.BIN and .CKS files. So I want to consider this EW FW 3.0202 in order to mod it with the tools from EEGeek.

Anything that you can pass along with this idea?

Thanks.

So far, I have not had any issue running EU firmware on my UC x710BT unit. I had one short road trip to seattle outlet last weekend. Everything worked just fine. AM/FM is working, navigation worked great. If you're worried about it, just use the firmware that's included in fx3.1 or other v3 dump. I think it's slightly older than one included in EU 3.020200.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fantastic tool, thanks! I'm interested in adding .NET compact framework to my F700BT so I can play with app development. EEGeek can you give a quick rundown on how to install the compact framework? I downloaded the redistributable from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en (version 3.5) and installed it on my computer. Did you manually extract the files from the wce.armv4.cab file? This is where I'm getting lost and unsure how to get the files out and where to put them using your tool. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Someone he managed to change WinCE to music on SD card/USB paused when you receive or that emits a phone call ?

The mods and hacks found on this forum are only for the GPS Nav part of the AVIC. The Phone and Audio/Video parts of the AVIC is currently NOT moddable.

This is what we have at this time, unless someone will try to break the binary codes of Phone+A/V parts or MainMenu.exe, as carver had already did for the nag message remover.

• 4 months later...

thanks.

actually I got it at the wiki the link was OK there.

BTW I couldn't understand about file addon part.where these files go?I think if add files in the modder it installed with wince? then which dir it should go? I mean I should know which dir so I can edit registry.

yesterday forum was down so I didn't try modified CE install but kinda scary.but I will try anyway..

thanks.

actually I got it at the wiki the link was OK there.

BTW I couldn't understand about file addon part.where these files go?I think if add files in the modder it installed with wince? then which dir it should go? I mean I should know which dir so I can edit registry.

yesterday forum was down so I didn't try modified CE install but kinda scary.but I will try anyway..

I understand it's kind of scary, but make a copy of your original .bin and .cks files and you should be ok. You can even write those originals to your unit just to see how it goes and put your mind at ease that you'll be able to do that again if the modified version doesn't work right. As long as you don't choose the format option when you update your unit, you'll still be able to flash it back to your originals.

The files show up in the wince directory I believe. It's been a LONG time. I'm glad I wrote the wiki and the program because I wouldn't remember how to do it at this point without them!