AVIC411.com

Scosche adapter, Onstar too loud

Okay so i have the Scosche adapter for my 2009 sierra, to keep the onstar and door chimes etc, but when i turn ONSTAR on the volume is incredibly loud, I tried turning it down using the instructions that came with Scosche( turn on ignition, press onstar and turn the dimmer switch, but it wont work. however if i wanna turn down the door chimes, by opening the door turning the headlights on and turning the dimmer switch, it works for that, anyone have this problem or know whats going on? the On star is soo loud when its turned on it give ppl headaches instantly and i cant figure out how to lower the volume

Not familiar with the Scosche adapter, but I am having the same problem with the PAC OS-4 module in my 2010 GMC Acadia. It was too loud, and I couldn't control the volume with the PAC SWC as the instructions said I should be able to do. At first I thought the harness was plugged into the wrong port, since they have ports for both amplified and unamplified systems. If that is the case with the Scosche you may want to check to see if there is another port to try. The other possibility, as mentioned, is that there may be volume adjustment screw on the module, as there was with the OS-3. There is no such screw on the OS-4.

If none of those work, you may have a bad module, like I did. I got a new, and I can control the volume now, but it's still too loud at the lowest volume setting. Unless PAC can help, my installer plans to put a couple of resistors on the loops back to the ONSTAR system, which should lower the volume to the speakers while using ONSTAR without affecting regular audio outputs when using the Z110BT.