AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

Performed the upgrade on my F700bt from 2.008 FW yesterday and it was great! So easy to do. Everything went smoothly. Not a single issue whatsoever. Now everything is snappier, bluetooth works great, very clear, and I now have new map! Thanks much, Retell!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

I did this a few weeks ago, and all went well.. However I noticed that my MSN Direct isnt working anymore. Does this perhaps change the MSN serial number of the unit? Like perhaps it's stored in the firmware, not in hardware?

I paid for a lifetime service, which should be good till 2012...

I did this a few weeks ago, and all went well.. However I noticed that my MSN Direct isnt working anymore. Does this perhaps change the MSN serial number of the unit? Like perhaps it's stored in the firmware, not in hardware?

I paid for a lifetime service, which should be good till 2012...

Fixed. I had to log into MSN Direct, and "reactivate," my device. Which in turn sends out a signal to the device. Interestingly enough, you do not have to do it immediately. I did the activation, and didnt go to my car till the next day, and the traffic services were working.

So the activation signal is not something you need to do and run to your car right after... :-)

Just tried to install the fx3.1 after updating 2.06 and 2.08. Everything was well up to the fx3.1. It went flawlessly until I tried to reboot. The unit is stuck in a loop and just stays in the splash screen. Any ideas how I could fix it ? I bought this radio for my wife's new car and I've spent the whole weekend trying to fix it. I need a fix badly!!!!

hey guys thanks for all your info... i have a f900bt and the unit started having problems last week... it kept rebooting and i could not get it fixed with all the other fixes i read in other postings.... but now i'm glad it did it 'cause i was able to put this update on it.... its great!!!

For all your people having REBOOTING problem, it has been discussed over and over in the past. Please search this topic or this forum.

The most common causes are:

1) Not enough space in the internal Flash to store all the data of the SD card after the WinCE update. The internal Flash disk has only 1.7 GB of free space. There is apparently no warning when the copy operation can't fit all files in it within TestMode. You would have to delete some maps or POI from the SD card and try again.

2) Copy files from the SD card to the wrong place in the internal Flash disk. You have to copy appropriate files from \Card Storage\My Flash Disk\*.* to \My Flash Disk\*.* of the head unit.

3) If none of the above, check here: http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Reboot_Loop.

Good lucks.