AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

i downloaded the bluetooth update(which is the same version my avic says i have) and put it on a blank sd card(the same one i used for the fx3 firmware update) and when i put it in and push to do the software update it says "no bluetooth software found, please copy to sd/usb to continue"! omg! my wife has a newer LG phone and the avic doesn't find hers either. i have done all the obvious and this is just annoying now :twisted: i will try again tomorrow, if anyone has any other ideas please post them and i will try tomorrow. thanks guys

I don't see how the FX3.1 FW has anything to do with the Bluetooth though ...

Curious!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Hey guys,

does your menu etc now look like this one in the video after the update or do they still have that 2.0 MSN Messenger style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tKH3C_q ... re=related

Thanks for all your work Retell, I was intimidated by simply removing keybeeps and updating from 2.0 to 2.0000008 :) Your single file seems to do everything I've wanted but have been afraid to do after reading about people having random issues. I to have an F90BT, so I'm assuming that I won't have any of the mild issues that others have been having on this thread while using units other than the F90BT. I had a question though...are the icon, map changes, etc in the video above part of this mod? If not, I don't mind, I'd just be happier with a faster reacting unit...this thing is TERRIBLY slow to react to input, has been since day one.

Seriously, once again...thanks for all your work.

Hey guys,

does your menu etc now look like this one in the video after the update or do they still have that 2.0 MSN Messenger style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tKH3C_q ... re=related

Thanks for all your work Retell, I was intimidated by simply removing keybeeps and updating from 2.0 to 2.0000008 :) Your single file seems to do everything I've wanted but have been afraid to do after reading about people having random issues. I to have an F90BT, so I'm assuming that I won't have any of the mild issues that others have been having on this thread while using units other than the F90BT. I had a question though...are the icon, map changes, etc in the video above part of this mod? If not, I don't mind, I'd just be happier with a faster reacting unit...this thing is TERRIBLY slow to react to input, has been since day one.

Seriously, once again...thanks for all your work.

UPDATE: Thanks again for your work Retell...this worked like a champ. After the first reset my WSU startup screen was still there, booted up just like normal (slow but oh well) and then went straight to setting up language, voice, etc. So far, these are my pluses and minuses

PLUSES:

-Definately faster key input

-Key beeps can be shutoff via normal menu options instead of changing the PG*.wav files in testmode

-Larger and easier to read clock display...I could never read the small one

-I like the N arrow option added into the 2D, 3D options while viewing the map

-Seems we do have that option where we can do birdseye and change the angle of the view, quite cool!

MINUSES:

-Only two options for the windows in the bottom left corner, I like it showing 3 options better....MPH, distance to destination and time to destination

-I started playing a movie from SD and/or DVD and I still have to hit ok

before the video shows

-After the SD movie played for about 5 minuts, it hung up on itself and forced a reset...that's the first time that's ever happened to me with this stero. It started up again and had the Pioneer splash screen insteead of my WSU ones. Once I went into the options menu, all the splash screens I've made have been erased. Thanksfully I had them backed up on my computer.

-While watching SD only, I still have the issue where the volume will go shooting wildy up or down when a single touch is made to the steering wheel stereo controls. Im guessing it has something to do with the slower reaction time while watchin SD movies, so a single input gets multiplied until the stereo figures out that I've stopped pressing the button. This never happens on the radio or DVD.

QUESTIONS:

-I've asked this before, but is there ever going to be a possibility of adding a CPU clocker to make the unit run smoother in situations like my volume issue?

What are the odds of a hack to make the brightness go higher than 10?

thanks for the link

did it tonite including backing up the original files in less than an hour

anyway, how come in 3d mode, the street names no longer show now? it used to show proximity street names..

Need to be @ 500 ft or less for street names.

At 300 and closer, they're there all the time. At 500, they show up as you get close..

Ok i installed this and it worked awesome. Though i do have a couple issues. I dont know if I did something wrong, some files got corrupted, didnt install right or it was intentional.

Is there no longer a phone interface when receiving a call? The volume is way to loud and the only way I can adjust it is to turn down the main volume under the main interface. And I cant hang up the phone without actually getting the phone out of it's case which can be a hassle when driving. Also the audio no longer mute when making a call, which is easy enough to deal with but it was nice to have it do it auto.

This is only when making outbound calls, as I havent had a chance to test incoming calls yet. I'll do that tomorrow if I remember to bring my work phone home with me.

So i made some incoming calls and it mutes the music fine and the new box pops up and pressing the hang up key works but that box never goes away so the whole system is locked out. the music wont come back and cant change any screens. then you have to turn off the car to get it to come back on.

but i'm happy to report that I havent had 1 issue with the Ipod connecting :mrgreen:

Is there a mod I can install to fix this or if I purchase the official upgrade will it install right over this or will i need to revert back to an earlier version?

thanks in advance for any help.

hello.. i have a problem please someone give me a tip

i make all steps following the guide.. everything install perfect but when i reset after copyng everythin g to my flash disk it goes to the language part but when i finish that it goes to the menu and the icon for music ipod etc dont work and when i press reset again freezes in the pioneer logo

i'm lost i did everything well tried this and the 3.0 firmware but it's the same

i have av avic x910bt US model.. that had the system startup in progress problem (i dont know if that has anything to do) and it came with the 3.02 firmware when i bought it

thanks and cya

Hi guys..

I followed the instructions,Wince Upgrade > Update SD Format, and now instead of having 2gb in My Flash Drive.. it shrunk down to 880mb, so not enough space for the files.. anyone know how to fix this?

Help plz.. thanks in advance

Dont worry bout it guys... i Install the FX3.1 and Install and replace the maps with 34by151 Australian r17 Maps..

And It was under 880mb... And i got it working great!! except for the navi voice..

Thanks everyone

Now I can't even downgrade to a previous version of firmware. Unit gets stuck at the "Initialization error: LoadLanguage not found". Getting a little desperate here - should I go buy the firmware upgrade? Erase all of the stuff on the Flash disk? Boot into Testmode to reset?

Open to suggestions but I need to get this fixed one way or another.

ty