AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

after getting the fx3 to work i am having an issue getting the unit to recognize blutooth. when i go into the phone settings on my x910 and then to the blutooth connection to see the blutooth version it tells me "none found". i have been searching for the blutoooth update online but can't find abnything except pioneers 3.02 update. if i run their update will it change the settings of the fx3 update? i like watching the movies while i drive so i dont want that to change. thanks.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

oh come on guys, i have two kids and a wife! maybe i should have worded it differently. my family likes to watch movies while i drive. :D i appreciate the fast responses but if we could get back to my problem here... does anyone have the fx3 mod and an iphone? i see that i do have the latest version of the bluetooth firmware but i can't seem to get it to find any phones. i am wondering if i put the sd card with pioneers 3.02 update if it will cancel out the new mods from the fx3. thanks guys, and by the way; stay out of king county in washington state and you will be safe :D

Retell,

Just wanted to post my Thank You! I downloaded the update this past weekend and installed it during my lunch today. What a difference! Faster menu transitions, more menu options and it seems like, a more precise touch screen.

Easy instructions with a bundled package of updates. What more could someone ask for?

Thank You!!

Frank

oh come on guys, i have two kids and a wife! maybe i should have worded it differently. my family likes to watch movies while i drive. :D i appreciate the fast responses but if we could get back to my problem here... does anyone have the fx3 mod and an iphone? i see that i do have the latest version of the bluetooth firmware but i can't seem to get it to find any phones. i am wondering if i put the sd card with pioneers 3.02 update if it will cancel out the new mods from the fx3. thanks guys, and by the way; stay out of king county in washington state and you will be safe :D

That sounds better! Good for you my friend. But viewing a movie from the 6 inches screen is way too small, and forget about the backseaters.

For your phone problem, you didn't say it but did you put your iPhone in the Discoverable mode and then request your AVIC to search for devices?

thanks for the reply chuck,

when i go into my bluetooth on my phone the bluetooth is on and it says "now discoverable" so i figure that means it is searching for a companion to join with. even when i used my wife's phone it could not find hers either. the two phones can find each other but neither can find the avic. i saw that there is an area you can go to on the avic to search for a specific device so i am wondering if the fx3 only works with certain phones, but that would be silly.

That's the opposite. Your phone says IT is discoverable, so it is waiting for a companion to search for it ("it" is the phone), and this companion is your AVIC. Now you have to instruct your AVIC to search for a phone; and when your phone is found by your AVIC, the AVIC will instruct you to input a code to your phone to make the bond.

Don't forget, your AVIC acts as a bluetooth headset.

Hope that this helps!

i tried to search for devices on the avic while i had two different phones in the car right next to it. the avic tells me that no phones are found after it searches for about 30 seconds so there must be an issue with the avic. i have even tried to pair the phone with the avic and when it tells me to "follow the instructions on the phone" nothing pops up on the phone. before i installed the fx3 upgrade i had no problem at all getting the bluetooth to work or pairing them together. i know that the cable to pair the contacts works fine since my music plays over it no problem. i think i need to find the software update for the bluetooth and reinstall it at this point. finding that software is the hard part. i have searched all over but can only find the firmware update 3.02 which does nothing for the bluetooth. hmmm? does anyone know where to find a software update for just the bluetooth? thanks for your help chuck; i was so excited when the fx3 finally worked (user error for two weeks) and this is the last thing to make it work perfect!

i have also tried to contact Retell but have not received a response back. i figure he would know best. does anyone have an iphone that works with the fx3 now?

You could ask a friend to try a different brand of phone, so you will know whether it is an iPhone issue or an AVIC issue.

i downloaded the bluetooth update(which is the same version my avic says i have) and put it on a blank sd card(the same one i used for the fx3 firmware update) and when i put it in and push to do the software update it says "no bluetooth software found, please copy to sd/usb to continue"! omg! my wife has a newer LG phone and the avic doesn't find hers either. i have done all the obvious and this is just annoying now :twisted: i will try again tomorrow, if anyone has any other ideas please post them and i will try tomorrow. thanks guys