AVIC411.com

Getting my first Pioneer.

With all this hype about the new software coming on the Z120BT and 920BT's. I decided to go ahead and get the Z110BT so I can get the software update when it comes out allowing me to save a little money. My car (08 Mustang GT) is currently at the shop and I'll be able to pick it up this afternoon after it is finished being installed. I'm very excited about getting this Pioneer as I've been eye'ing the Avics for about 2 years now and didn't pull the trigger on one (was looking at the 90BT, and 910BT previously. I've already got the Avic Feeds iphone app installed and ready to go woot! Can't wait for the Pandora plugin app.

Only thing that sucks is that I didn't get it as cheap as I would have liked to (in-store display model, not online) and they wouldn't do the bypass. I'll think about doing the bypass myself.

Murph

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just wasn't ready to buy one until now because of the issues I read about, slow boot times 2 years ago, too expensive last year IMO, but now, with the option to buy the software upgrade, it was a good opportunity to get last years model.

The one question I had was this...Since I don't have the bypass done, will Voice controlled navigation still work while driving?

Just bought my first pioneer unit and i'm going to install it myself on thursday. This will be my first aftermarket nav unit and really looking forward to all the features it offers over stock. Only thing I kinda wish it did have was text message displays like kenwood offers

Only thing I kinda wish it did have was text message displays like kenwood offers

Even then most phones don't support that feature so there are like five people with a Kenwood that are able to us the feature. Your not missing anything there.

Only thing I kinda wish it did have was text message displays like kenwood offers

Even then most phones don't support that feature so there are like five people with a Kenwood that are able to us the feature. Your not missing anything there.

strange that should come up, just got a questionairre from Pioneer UK and part of it was asking what features would you like to see,text message reading was an option, so they may be thinking of developing it

So i got my car back yesterday with it installed and it looks good, I guess it's going to take some time for me to get the settings and icons the way I want them. Bluetooth works great. They put the mic just over the rearview mirror hanging from the headliner (though it may have to move once I get my Homelink rearview mirror installed.

Does anyone know if there is a maximum size to the SD card that the unit will allow? I think I have a 4 gig SD card hiding somewhere that I can use. I couldn't find the answer in the book, and every time I try to call Pioneer, I can never actually talk to someone.

I also noticed that there didn't seem to be any firmware updates for this unit. I found that surprising. I guess there had not been really any issues/fixes that this unit needs, That is good IMO.

Thanks

Murph

Ah thanks for the heads up VBlue! funny I never ran across that fun fact after all the reviews i've seen on the unit :)

With all this hype about the new software coming on the Z120BT and 920BT's. I decided to go ahead and get the Z110BT so I can get the software update when it comes out allowing me to save a little money. My car (08 Mustang GT) is currently at the shop and I'll be able to pick it up this afternoon after it is finished being installed. I'm very excited about getting this Pioneer as I've been eye'ing the Avics for about 2 years now and didn't pull the trigger on one (was looking at the 90BT, and 910BT previously. I've already got the Avic Feeds iphone app installed and ready to go woot! Can't wait for the Pandora plugin app.

Only thing that sucks is that I didn't get it as cheap as I would have liked to (in-store display model, not online) and they wouldn't do the bypass. I'll think about doing the bypass myself.

Murph

Murph, where did you here about the Pandora plugin app?? I just purchased the Z110 as well but haven't installed it yet and one of my wish list items for it was the Pandora plugin. Do you know if you have to puchase the Z120 upgrade to get it?

Yes you will. The manual for the 920/120 are linked on the forum from a few months ago and both feature the Pandorda capability

Murph, where did you here about the Pandora plugin app?? I just purchased the Z110 as well but haven't installed it yet and one of my wish list items for it was the Pandora plugin. Do you know if you have to puchase the Z120 upgrade to get it?