AVIC411.com

Getting my first Pioneer.

I use an i4 with a DNX9960 and I have perfect BT audio so I don't think it has anything to do with the i4. BT complaints are numerous with this unit across multiple phones. And when it come to shitty coding, Pioneer is king.

we know, the Kenwood is AWESOME. lol. Sorry, but just as many people have Bluetooth that is completely acceptable with this unit, like me, and that's with a crappy old phone that likely has the first Bluetooth spec in it (cause' it doesn't have much else). My wife's BB Bold 9700 also sounded ok in my car with the Pioneer, so if anything, I'm more suspect that the installation process of the Pioneer goes wrong somewhere more often than the Kenwood, or, there's just MORE Pioneer units out there, hence more people commenting in general.

iPhone + Kenwood = crap. http://www.kenwoodforums.com/viewtopic. ... +mic#p7560

it's not JUST a Pioneer problem.

Ok can you stop reading things into what I post on these forums? My response was not to down the Pio vs. the Kenny. It was to offer an example that the i4 is likely not the problem. And you seriously pick one complaint that someone had with a Kenny as an indication that they are as problematic as the Pios when it comes to BT audio quality? About 50% of people on this forum have BT audio quality problems with Pios. It may actually have more to do with the fact that there are indeed three times as many Pios in the wild then Kennys but 50% indicates a serious design issue with the Pios. I have said many times on here in the past that both units are good at most of what they do. There are equal pros and cons with both units.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the issue is SOOOO rampant with the Pioneers, how come nobody has started a petition? Seriously... the combinded amount of money that has been spent on the HU alone should atleast give the community SOME voice.

I say we all pile up in the back of a 1987 Chevy pickup with some tire irons, crowbars, and Louisville Sluggers and head to Pioneer HQ. Lets make this a good ole fashioned, southern asswhipin'.

The only way you can get through to the horrible level of support that is Pioneer is to report the issue to them and demand a case number. Otherwise all you get from them is denial of the problem. There are many forum threads on here over the years in the "petition" form with the intent to forward the issues to Pioneer and it never seems to do any good. In fact, most of these companies don't even recognize internet forums as a ligament source of info when it comes to issues. Sure they love you when you post demo vids and offer a lot of exposure that leads to sales but they completely disregard you when it comes to issues. pioneer goes by a list of issues reported by consumers. Once that list equals to a percentage of consumers that have problems, likely in the upper hundreds, then they recognize it as a potential problem and begin to work on a fix, maybe. The problem is if you don't demand to have it looked into and request a case number (the way a problem gets on the list) you will get, "Well this is the first time I have heard of this problem so it must be you". And yes, they have actually told people that and much worse. nevertheless there have been numerous complaints about the BT and it appears they know it is an issue so you may see an update to correct the problem. It may not appear until the next unit however.

they're better to deal with than Dell, HP & Microsoft, to name a few. I agree, the squeaky wheel is more likely to get a response. But in a world where Fox "news" donates over one million dollars to a Political party, it isn't much of a surprise that today's company's answer less to consumers and more to their shareholders. Wall Street indeed. There is soooo much that is great about the Avics, it overshadows the weak areas significantly.

Same experience here. Factory bluetooth for calls on our Sequoia was okay and the Pioneer is likewise just okay. I'll admit I hardly ever use the feature so I'm not too picky about it.

Alot of people are kicking the crap out of these two units on this forum, and it just doesn't seem warranted considering the cost and complexity of these units. While it would be nice if EVERYTHING was perfect, the last time I bought a perfect electronic device was a Bosch dishwasher, and its' utensil holder could do with a re-design, so even it isn't perfect. lol.

Even OEM units, which are finely (?) tuned to each respective vehicle, still sound like your talking on a wireless speaker phone. When someone tells me their Bluetooth connection sounds like your on a "wired" connection, I have a really hard time believing them. I guess I'm not important enough to spend all my time in the car talking on the phone, so I too will likely never have to live the horror of the Bluetooth. Oh darn.