AVIC411.com

I noticed the MusicSphere software is available for download on the Pioneer website and was wondering if anyone has played around with it yet?

My question is that on the video is says its uses your Itunes to create the playlists based on genre, bpm, recent additions, etc. Does this require you to make sure that information is correct or completed on your itunes music or is it connecting to server once it gathers your music and finds all the information that way?

Mine just finished... I D/l'ed it about 930 this morning...

Being that I don't have either system, I won't be able to actually use it the way it's meant to...

But it's actually pretty cool from what I can tell....

I have a ton of music that has absolutely no information to it whatsoever.... Yet it still was able to figure out where to put it... I think whn they say they use all those different techniques, they mean that they use all of it, to determine where the song needs to go...

For instance...in my case, it probably looked at BPM's to determine where those titles without any info should go...

I just downloaded it for Pioneers website installed fine but when I open it up and it starts to build the playlist my computer will give me this pop up. Could use some help with this I am running windows 7 professional.

Musicsphese has stoped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaialbe.

WTF is that I uninstalled the program redownloaded it and still the same problem so it useless.....

I just downloaded it for Pioneers website installed fine but when I open it up and it starts to build the playlist my computer will give me this pop up. Could use some help with this I am running windows 7 professional.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaialbe.

WTF is that I uninstalled the program redownloaded it and still the same problem so it useless.....

You probably need to run it as an Admin... If you haven't set an admin password, then you may need to do so...

Otherwise, turn off/lower UAC... and/or right click on the .exe, and click "runas admin"

Also...what version of ITunes are you using... You should at minimal, be using 9.1 of ITunes...(click help>about)

Also... once it analyzes your music... you HAVE to click the refresh button(in the sidebar) for it to actually make it put the music in the new custom playlist....

I started the analyzing of my music at 7:00pm last night, I have 23300 songs in my iTunes, this morning, 12 hours later, it has only processed 20% of the songs (4933 at last look). It looks really cool, but if you have a large music collection, be prepared to have it work awhile.

My collection should be done by the time the update is released. LOL!

You probably need to run it as an Admin... If you haven't set an admin password, then you may need to do so...

Otherwise, turn off/lower UAC... and/or right click on the .exe, and click "runas admin"

Also...what version of ITunes are you using... You should at minimal, be using 9.1 of ITunes...(click help>about)

Also... once it analyzes your music... you HAVE to click the refresh button(in the sidebar) for it to actually make it put the music in the new custom playlist....

I ran it as admin and it still dose the same thing I am useing the lates version of Itunes. Any ideas what the problem is? what is Lower UAC?

Well... You shouldn't "need" to lower/turn off UAC.... It's part of the OS's security... Personally, I hate UAC and turn it off immediately after loading a new OS...but if you want to try it...

Go to...

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts

And click User Account Control Settings and lower the bar...

Another thing you can try is to turn off data execution protection for the Music Sphere .exe...

click the windows button(start)

right-click on computer and select properties...

on the left goto advance system settings

on the advanced tab, click on performance settings...

on the Data Execution Prevention tab

select the bottom radio button and click add

then find the .exe for Music Sphere...

It should be in C:\Program Files\Pioneer\MusicSphere\MusicSphere.exe

or if you're on a 64 bit machine it'l be here...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pioneer\MusicSphere\MusicSphere.exe

It could also be anti-virus that is killing it as well... try turning all that junk off momentarily...

The only other things I could think to do would be to uninstall ITunes and MSphere and try installing both from fresh downloads...

Also check the event logs to see if there are any related errors...

right-click computer>manage>event viewer>Microsoft logs> and either Applications logs and/or System logs...

Well... You shouldn't "need" to lower/turn off UAC.... It's part of the OS's security... Personally, I hate UAC and turn it off immediately after loading a new OS...but if you want to try it...

Go to...

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts

And click User Account Control Settings and lower the bar...

Another thing you can try is to turn off data execution protection for the Music Sphere .exe...

click the windows button(start)

right-click on computer and select properties...

on the left goto advance system settings

on the advanced tab, click on performance settings...

on the Data Execution Prevention tab

select the bottom radio button and click add

then find the .exe for Music Sphere...

It should be in C:\Program Files\Pioneer\MusicSphere\MusicSphere.exe

or if you're on a 64 bit machine it'l be here...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pioneer\MusicSphere\MusicSphere.exe

It could also be anti-virus that is killing it as well... try turning all that junk off momentarily...

The only other things I could think to do would be to uninstall ITunes and MSphere and try installing both from fresh downloads...

Also check the event logs to see if there are any related errors...

right-click computer>manage>event viewer>Microsoft logs> and either Applications logs and/or System logs...

And you said you thought this was better then OS X, :lol:

Caught with the pants down..eehhyyy..... And more-so, while typing this on my newly acquired IPad+3G.... :lol::mrgreen::?

MacOs does have it's hits.... It also has its misses, as does Windows.... But Windows takes the win(for now) as I like my media, and I have yet to to find anything that Windows7 doesn't play nice with natively....

You never know.... MacOs version of MSphere could be worse..... I know my install was pretty clean/nice.... Although MSphere does tend to be a resource hog when firing up ITunes... And Im on a pretty beefy machine... 2x 3ghz quad-core xenons...8gigs of memory... 3X 300gb SAS striped drives....

I doubt there will be an OS X version of Music Sphere.

That would suck....although I don't see a reason why not....

As in... It is a ITunes plugin.... As we all know ITunes runs like hell on Windows(probably on purpose) and I do "think" ITunes on Windows is actually running under a VM/emulator....

So I would think that it would be somewhat easy to port over..... Or at least they seemed to have taken the hardest route first.....

Being that these latest HUs from Pioneer seem to be really involved with the IPod.... It would only make sense that they peruse the MacOS.... And with the success of the IPhone,IPod Touch,and IPad..... I see more and more people converting to Macs lately....

[edit]I do have to say that Win7, with the help of ReadyBoost, runs much better/faster than MacOS-x(have yet to upgrade to Leopard) on my Mac machine..... But this machine runs all day/night in high heat/humidity year round....<--- awesome hardware.... It also pulls a monitor with 1920x1200 native res with ease.... :D

DSC00826.jpg

does anybody know if this MusicSphere is even worth the 3 days its gonna take to analyze my itunes library?

Depends how you use your Avic if it's worth it...

It also depends what kind of machine you're running...

The faster CPU's...more memory(1x 6GB memory stick is turd compared to 6x 1GB dimms) and of course faster HDD's all play key here.... I have over 2500 tracks... and on a fairly beefy machine..it took 4-5 hours to fill up the playlist...

Like I said... it's worth it if you intend to use it for what it is...

If you're machine can finish it in 3 days...maybe you should consider upgrading your machine...dunno...