AVIC411.com

I would like to add Fuel CaLculator to my mod

Hi Everyone:

I have been searching and did not find any info how to add fuel calculator. I tried to find all the files and bmp files and copied over from Abb1's mod but I was get a script error. I did make a Fuelcalc folder inside extension folder in my AVIC.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Jimbo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone:

I have been searching and did not find any info how to add fuel calculator. I tried to find all the files and bmp files and copied over from Abb1's mod but I was get a script error. I did make a Fuelcalc folder inside extension folder in my AVIC.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Jimbo

I got it working some what. I am getting lots of FFUI errors but was able to bring up the calculations.

Any ideas?

Would you mind posting what you have done so far and I will be glad to trouble shoot this with you

If you already have Map Changer, then files may already be there.

1. I already had the extension folder inside IGO folder in the AVIC. There will be a FuelCalc Folder inside of the folder.

There are three files 1. FuelCalc.ui; FuelCalc_800_480.ui and FuelCalc_var.ui.(I got this off the forum)

2. I copied of the half_patch_800_480.ui to 800_480/ui folder from Abb1 Mod

3. I copied half_patch.ui and half_patch_var.ui to common/ui folder.

4. Then I copied over the Bmp File (bmp="z_sliderbar_bg_long.bmp") also from ABB1 mod.

5. Then I copied the script line (FuelCalc) to 800_480/ui/navigationmap

;FUEL CALC

That what I have so far. Let me know if you need me to clarify it better

Thanks

Jimbo

Would you mind posting what you have done so far and I will be glad to trouble shoot this with you

If you already have Map Changer, then files may already be there.

1. I already had the extension folder inside IGO folder in the AVIC. There will be a FuelCalc Folder inside of the folder.

There are three files 1. FuelCalc.ui; FuelCalc_800_480.ui and FuelCalc_var.ui.(I got this off the forum)

2. I copied of the half_patch_800_480.ui to 800_480/ui folder from Abb1 Mod

3. I copied half_patch.ui and half_patch_var.ui to common/ui folder.

4. Then I copied over the Bmp File (bmp="z_sliderbar_bg_long.bmp") also from ABB1 mod.

5. Then I copied the script line (FuelCalc) to 800_480/ui/navigationmap

;FUEL CALC

Hey Gnasr74;

Were you able to install this? Just curious where you are at.

Jimbo

That what I have so far. Let me know if you need me to clarify it better

Thanks

Jimbo

It would really help to state which mod it is originally that you are trying to put it into

I am using Stan/Andr 3.0 mod. I have been adding things such as the map changer and other scripts.

Jimbo

All these mods are based on stan/andr 3.0. I checked this mod out and it is virtually featureless, almost like first gen. Get this, you have a feature to exchange icons!! Lol, if the icons would just be 8-10px smaller, then you can have ALL icons without needing a script to choose which one you want. Like I said, this is a good mod as it is what all our mods are based on, but it is 'like first gen' and you are trying to bring it up to nowadays! Why not get one of the newer mods and change that to your liking? It is easy to do as that is what modding is all about and that way you dont have to worry about putting 'new' features in an 'old' mod.

It would really help to state which mod it is originally that you are trying to put it into

I am using Stan/Andr 3.0 mod. I have been adding things such as the map changer and other scripts.

Jimbo

All these mods are based on stan/andr 3.0. I checked this mod out and it is virtually featureless, almost like first gen. Get this, you have a feature to exchange icons!! Lol, if the icons would just be 8-10px smaller, then you can have ALL icons without needing a script to choose which one you want. Like I said, this is a good mod as it is what all our mods are based on, but it is 'like first gen' and you are trying to bring it up to nowadays! Why not get one of the newer mods and change that to your liking? It is easy to do as that is what modding is all about and that way you dont have to worry about putting 'new' features in an 'old' mod.

Sorry Jfinley0, I haven't had a chance to fool around with my data file at all. I am an architect and have been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to do anything. I am working as we speak and just wanted to respond to your questions so I don't leave you hanging. But Abb1 had graciously looked at my mod and brought up the same point as this time. It is outdated, but since I spent so much time working on my original mod that it is going to take a lot of time to modify, for example Abb's mod to suit my nav interface. So I probably won't be doing anything til next week. I need to decide again if I am going to abandon my mod or keep trying to mod it. Will let you know what I find. Thanks

Jimbo

Hi Abb1:

I like the looks of Boris/Stan Mod. I have learned how to mod mostly from scratch like most of us.I just like adding to my mod such as the changer, split screen, icons that I uses and so on. I added about about 10 icons on my screen and another set when navigating.Even though the newer mods has more features, I do like it simple. I love messing with all the mods and trying it out. But I always seems to go back to this mod. Your mod and Daifia mod are great. But where would the fun be if I can't mess around with it?

Thanks for the suggestion and some day I may find the perfect mod!

Keep modding as that is what I look forward each day!

Thanks Abb1;

Jimbo

Each to his own.

Some would say that these 'new' mods are so involved and complicated that you could have walked to your destination by the time you've set up your unit.

Me? I prefer the simple route.

:lol:

That is a great one!

Jimbo

Each to his own.

Some would say that these 'new' mods are so involved and complicated that you could have walked to your destination by the time you've set up your unit.

Me? I prefer the simple route.

:lol:

Actually, they are very simple. These 'new' mods work the same way as the older ones as it is all based on the same mod. They just have new scripts added which opens the door to a lot of new features that were not possible before. I agree, that it can be complicated as to where everything is, but that is why, in my mod, that I have given a button layout on the first page explaining EXACTLY where everything is and how to get to it.

If you just wanted to get to a quick route, then they work the same as any other mod out there, type in the address, POI, or favorite, and away you go :)

hello, sorry for my english i m french

i have tried to improve the fuel calculation for my mod.i have tried to introduce this half patch in the multicalc .here is that i

would like to have for result...

EXAMPLE:

ECONOMIC time : 1h03 distance: 70km Required Money: 4dollars

SHORT time : 40min distance 40 km required money : 3dollars

ETC...

ETC...

i would like to add the price for highway with the fuel calculation to have an idea of the expense so in the file place_800_480.ui i have tried to add the line that follow:

but NOTHING...somebody can help me????