AVIC411.com

I would like to add Fuel CaLculator to my mod

..........They just have new scripts added which opens the door to a lot of new features that were not possible before...........

Yeah, but that's where some users find particular mods not to their taste: too many features, a lot of which most of us would hardly (if ever) use.

Like I said, each to his own, we all have our own individual tastes and requirements.

BTW, I have tried your mod, you've obviously put a lot of time and effort into it - congrats! Imay even borrow some of it in the future :wink:

I'm running Stans mod with my own slant and personalisation, it works well for me :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..........They just have new scripts added which opens the door to a lot of new features that were not possible before...........

Yeah, but that's where some users find particular mods not to their taste: too many features, a lot of which most of us would hardly (if ever) use.

Like I said, each to his own, we all have our own individual tastes and requirements.

BTW, I have tried your mod, you've obviously put a lot of time and effort into it - congrats! Imay even borrow some of it in the future :wink:

I'm running Stans mod with my own slant and personalisation, it works well for me :D

Now that i got all of my other mods to work with that mod that now i will not be updating to one of the new mods. I agree sometimes there are too many features, although those newer mods are awesome. I almost abandoned this mod (Stans/ CMH mod) before today but now i have been successful in adding any of the mods that i have wanted. Now i will put my time towards this fuel calc mod. Do you need MSN for this to work?

Now that i got all of my other mods to work with that mod that now i will not be updating to one of the new mods. I agree sometimes there are too many features, although those newer mods are awesome. I almost abandoned this mod (Stans/ CMH mod) before today but now i have been successful in adding any of the mods that i have wanted. Now i will put my time towards this fuel calc mod. Do you need MSN for this to work?

I have MSN but not sure if you need it for the Fuel Calculator. Let me know if you get the calculator up and running.

Jimbo

well i just started working on this and the error i am getting in the emulator is

FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier Identifier=[d_FuelCalcInit] Script"[unnamed]" command 0

Any suggestions Abb1 while I continue to trouble shoot this?

thanks

It is hard for me to add any suggestions as I dont know what you did with the fuel calculator. The error is that you have an icon with a run command looking for the script 'd_FuelCalcInit' which is the run command of the fuel calculator. It cannot find it! Where did you put it?

well i just started working on this and the error i am getting in the emulator is

FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier Identifier=[d_FuelCalcInit] Script"[unnamed]" command 0

Any suggestions Abb1 while I continue to trouble shoot this?

thanks

It is hard for me to add any suggestions as I dont know what you did with the fuel calculator. The error is that you have an icon with a run command looking for the script 'd_FuelCalcInit' which is the run command of the fuel calculator. It cannot find it! Where did you put it?

sorry that was pretty vague. i have not even been able to get the calcualtions to work. I have been getting the same error FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier Identifier=[d_FuelCalcInit] Script"[unnamed]" command 0. So far I have done what Jimbo has done and added the lines to the model_variables.ui:

1. I already had the extension folder inside IGO folder in the AVIC. There will be a FuelCalc Folder inside of the folder.

There are three files 1. FuelCalc.ui; FuelCalc_800_480.ui and FuelCalc_var.ui.(I got this off the forum)

2. I copied of the half_patch_800_480.ui to 800_480/ui folder from Abb1 Mod

3. I copied half_patch.ui and half_patch_var.ui to common/ui folder.

4. Then I copied over the Bmp File (bmp="z_sliderbar_bg_long.bmp") also from ABB1 mod.

5. Then I copied the script line (FuelCalc) to 800_480/ui/navigationmap

;FUEL CALC

6. Added these lines to the model_variables.ui.......;Half Patches

import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/half_patch_var.ui" and .

I dont understand how it cant find the icon. it is in my 800_480 folder.

I got the fuel calc working in Diaftias mod. It was not easy! You are missing a whole bunch of steps. My suggestion to you is to go through the UI files in the 'Common' folder of my mod and make the changes that you see needed in your mod with regards to the fuel calculator. There are too many scripts to post to get this working, you have to do the leg work. You also need a bmp

I got the fuel calc working in Diaftias mod. It was not easy! You are missing a whole bunch of steps. My suggestion to you is to go through the UI files in the 'Common' folder of my mod and make the changes that you see needed in your mod with regards to the fuel calculator. There are too many scripts to post to get this working, you have to do the leg work. You also need a bmp

Ok so all the referenced codes are in your coomon ui folder. I will examdiff each file and see what differs. Thanks for the advice.

Ok so all the referenced codes are in your coomon ui folder. I will examdiff each file and see what differs. Thanks for the advice.

Also in the '800_480/UI' folder. It took me several hours going through all the code for the map changer and the fuel calculator, and a LOT of error messages. Error messages are good though, because you know where the problem is in most cases. In Diaftias mod that I redone, I added probably about 60-100 new lines of text, most of it to incorporate the mapchanger and fuel calculator.

Also in the '800_480/UI' folder. It took me several hours going through all the code for the map changer and the fuel calculator, and a LOT of error messages. Error messages are good though, because you know where the problem is in most cases. In Diaftias mod that I redone, I added probably about 60-100 new lines of text, most of it to incorporate the mapchanger and fuel calculator.

I did added the map changer about a month ago. I got that working fine. Let me know what steps you took to get the \fuel calculator going. I also spent hours going over the files in the common/ui.

Thanks

Jimbo

Ok well here i an update to what I have gotten so far. I have finally been able to get to the fuel calc screen when i hit the onmap button. although i am still getting errors but now the error is FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier Identifier=[d_Umnog] Script"[unnamed]" command 1. then when it does go to the fuel calc screen when i hit consumption it says FFUIERROR : Unknown object identifier Identifier=[d_UmnDelDone] Script"d_StFuelCalc_done" command 0I. guess that is what i have to search for now.

Anyway this is what I added besides what i mentioned earlier.

1. I added this to the top of the start 800_480 file

;Half Patches

import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/half_patch_800_480.ui"

2. I also added this to the end of the start.ui file

;Half Patches

import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/half_patch.ui"

Back to the drawing board!

Ok well here i an update to what I have gotten so far. I have finally been able to get to the fuel calc screen when i hit the onmap button. although i am still getting errors but now the error is FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier Identifier=[d_Umnog] Script"[unnamed]" command 1. then when it does go to the fuel calc screen when i hit consumption it says FFUIERROR : Unknown object identifier Identifier=[d_UmnDelDone] Script"d_StFuelCalc_done" command 0I. guess that is what i have to search for now.

Anyway this is what I added besides what i mentioned earlier.

1. I added this to the top of the start 800_480 file

;Half Patches

import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/half_patch_800_480.ui"

2. I also added this to the end of the start.ui file

;Half Patches

import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/half_patch.ui"

Back to the drawing board!

I checked and I had both files in where you mentioned. I guess I forgot to tell you that when I tried to remember everything I did. Let me know if you make any progress. I will also keep trying.

Thanks

Jimbo

ok found that error, but now i am getting another error FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier Identifier=[d_UmnDel1] Script"d_Delen" command 1. Anyway as an update add this into the place.ui file at the end to get rid of the last error i was getting. Now on to finding the next error:

;Common Multiplication and Division Function

run d_UmnDelDone

dUmnDel1.set $1

dUmnDel2.set $2

dUmnDel3.set $3

dUmnDel4.set $1

1 run d_UmnogInit

decval "dUmnDel2" 1

incval "dUmnDel5" 1

1 runif dUmnDel2 0 'run dUmnDel3'

1 else_run 'incval "dUmnDel1" dUmnDel4, run d_UmnogRepeat'

runif dUmnDel5 1000 'dUmnDel5.set 0, 30 run d_UmnogInit'