AVIC411.com

Whats the longest any1 here has left there avic on straight?

I was curious whats the longest anyone here has left there avic on straight? I once had my factory radio in my nissan on for 5 hrs straight and it overheated, wonder if the avic is like that if it has fans or does it come on alot? Dont want it to fry on long trips, any insight on this?
[quote name="Tyrant11429"]I was curious whats the longest anyone here has left there avic on straight? I once had my factory radio in my nissan on for 5 hrs straight and it overheated, wonder if the avic is like that if it has fans or does it come on alot? Dont want it to fry on long trips, any insight on this?[/quote]
my friends es300 does that too. thats just bad design and cooling.
  • 2 weeks later...
Keep in mind that these units are installed in display boards and left on for years at a time in some instances. Some stores never power their boards down, but even the ones that do have them running for at least 12 hours a day. Granted, there is usually more airspace behind display boards, but there are also a ton of other electronics running in the same vicinity, each generating their own heat.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...