AVIC411.com

Hi all, I just received my iphone 4 to replace my 3G I paired it to my D3 and no one can understand me (explained to me as I sound underwater), audio is perfect on my end. I had no problems with my 3G. I tried turning off echo cancel on the Pioneer with no improvement. I deleted and re paired with no improvement. I also paired the phone with a headset and it works perfect so it seems the phone is o.k. Are there any other settings or things that I can try???

Thanks for any help!!!

RWI

I am having the same issue. I am just about ready to cell my D3 and get 800BT (non nav unit) and hope it is better.

The BT has never been all that good with the D3 anyways, but now what the person on the other end hears with the iPhone4 is awful.

Besides these issues with my old iPhone and new, BT module reboots sometimes, only handles 1 - 3 calls before it reboots or disconnects, BT audio randomly stops playing, typically after a pause and resume.

I am going to be the Parrot BT is much better in the 800BT.

Well just an update, the problem is intermittent. Some calls go through and work pretty much as well as my 3g did. Other times it was varying degree's of bad, anywhere from a minor annoyance to completely unusable. I finally gave up and went to the Apple store where they replaced the phone. I haven't had much chance to use it yet, but so far, so good with the new phone.

Just for the record, I have used my 3g with the D3 for almost 2 years with very good results.

It seems to work great with the newer units. You guys are trying to use three + year old tech in the head unit with a brand new, week old device. It is likely to be compatibility issues that cant be addressed. If you are going to upgrade a component that is as essential as the iPhone is as a music/phone source with the unit, then you have to consider upgrading your unit as well.

My .02

Agreed.

My car is a 2nd car that only get gets driven to work by me, so I haven't been that concerned.

It is getting to the point that I am going to ebay my D3 and just buy the FH-P8000BT. It is new, its cheap and it will play BT audio and voice. My only serious requirements.

Anyone have any other suggestions on a head unit? All I need is BT Audio and Telephone, and Sirius. :D

Well the jury is still out but so far so good, I have made 3 calls at different times and all have sounded fine so I have my fingers crossed. I'm sorry, I cant comment on ipod use, as I use an ipod for this. I can confirm that BT audio does work with the iPhone 4.

Is this possible with any iPhone? I never had any issues with my old razr

No. The CD-BTB200 doesn't support the profile needed to pull contacts from the phone. This will never change with that BT model.

That sucks. I'm sick of the abysmal lifespan of these pioneer units. It's like you have to spend $1000 every 3 years just to get your devices to speak to each other.