AVIC411.com

iPhone Charging Problems SOLVED w/ iPhone 4

One of the first things I tried with my new iPhone is hooking it up to my F900 navy to test and make sure everything still works. When I first plugged it in I got a message saying "this device is not configured to work optimally with this product.." then i selected "ok" and to my surprise I saw the charge symbol on my iPhone 4.

I had several problems trying to get my iPhone 3Gs to charge (tried workarounds, bought adapters, etc), but nothing worked. Now for some reason the new iPhone works. I know this will be a good cherry on top for a lot of you who have upgraded.

Definitely happy! Other than that, everything works as normal. :D

Cool that's great news. I bought a 3gs like 2 months ago after breaking my 3g and was upset to discover it wouldn't charge. I'll be picking up a white iphone4 when they're released, I'm stoked to know it's compatible. My buddy told me his clarion nav is completely incompatible with his iphone4. Sucks for him.

Yah, I'm pretty sure this was a hardware issue on the 3Gs.

Also, I've noticed a few times that when my iPhone is connected, the iPod works but the song title/artist/album arent listed. To fix this, I just restarted the iPhone. It's not a problem with our navy, but the new OS is kind of buggy. Hope 4.0.1 fixes this.

does anyone know if the apple composite cable fixes this issue, or is this something with the hardware of the f-series?

im at the point where i just want my 3gs to friggin charge when i plug it in - if i have to shell out the extra $50 to get it to work right, so be it

and id also just like to mention - like a couple of the other people have already posted - i am also having the "alphabet problem" with os4 - whereby clicking on a letter no longer takes me there in the artist list...

Look. I have a 3GS, an apple composite cable and a US F900BT. I have not once had a problem with it charging. Both iso4 and the previous firmware revisions both charged. WIth the previous revision everything worked fine except for album artwork. It was pixelated beyond belief and looked like shit.

While this now works with iOS4 I have another problem in which fast forwarding of songs is buggy and doesnt really do anything and also i can no longer alphabetically search for songs and artists. Tapping the letter does not take me to the begging of the artists starting with that letter.

My various iPods and Nano's, 3G, 3GS and now iPhone 4 all charge perfectly with my F700BT and the Pioneer branded cable that I bought separately. They all charged fine with older OS's and all work fine with iOS 4, now the artwork is fixed, but like tobsta says you cant search for songs and artists via tapping the letters in. I also noticed that when playing back podcasts, after shutting down the car, restarting the F700BT with my iPhone attached the podcast wont play, it shows on the screen but wont play until i go through PODCASTS and reselect the one i was listening to, it resumes fine then.

^ thats interesting - i have the same setup: f700bt + pioneer branded ipod composite / usb cable

- with my original iphone and any ipod i hook up to it, no problems

- with my 3gs - i could get it to charge maybe a 25% of the time i plugged it in before os4 - with os4, im barely ever able to get it to charge...

i have no problems using the ipod function, however - its just that the phone doesnt charge

My 3GS did NOT charge with my F700BT. Pioneer says that it is due to the apple chip that is inside the unit. The X series has the new chip and charges the iphone fully. HOWEVER, When I switched over to IOS4 on my 3GS, the iphone charges with my F700BT

i think im gonna pull the unit out of the dash - just to see if by coincidence, something got unplugged

i just dont get how that could be - i can play music / videos / see artwork through the iphone - its just not charging - so i doubt its a loose connection - but ill give it a shot next time i have some free time...

VBLUE...good god...please stop telling everyone to check and replace their cables. WE HAVE!!! Im on my third cable and still having intermittent problems. I have a 3GS with avic f700bt with pioneer cables. I can get it to charge about one out of every four tries. I hate to rant...but unless you have something more constructive to say other then..."rip your unit back out and replace with another 50$ cable and try again" you should reconsider. Maybe just because something works well for you...you may be lucky...others, in the case of this forum...are having legit problems.