AVIC411.com

I Just purchased the z120BT iphone is a 3GS. Had pandora working perfect controling it from th 120bt until I upgraded the iphone to 4.0 software. now I can only listen to pandora radio but the controls do not function on my radio. I'm also having trouble with the Bluetooth. It's connecting to the radio but functions are not working properly now.

Hey everyone, longtime lurker first time poster.

I have updated my Iphone 3gs to the new 4.0 os and today got my navigation update to the z120BT and notice I dont have the Pandora icon input on the Av selection page. Pandora on my Iphone connects through the blue tooth audio input icon like it used to but there is no Pandora app page on the Z120bt. Ive up graded to 3.11 bluetooth firmware. Any ideas??

Hey everyone, longtime lurker first time poster.

I have updated my Iphone 3gs to the new 4.0 os and today got my navigation update to the z120BT and notice I dont have the Pandora icon input on the Av selection page. Pandora on my Iphone connects through the blue tooth audio input icon like it used to but there is no Pandora app page on the Z120bt. Ive up graded to 3.11 bluetooth firmware. Any ideas??

This may help.... I noticed that Avic Feeds was just recently updated... so PL may be next...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33176

I updated my 110bt to the 120bt everything works great with one exception.

Pandora will play but When pandoralink is launched it stops with no control of the music. What am I doing wrong??

Using iPhone 3GS updated to 4.0 code

I am getting the same issue with my 3G and the 120bt but i don't have the the OS4.

Avic feeds now works with most recent update! Pandora no longer shows album covers and certain functions wont work from the radio but I can now play the music I just need to control it from my iphone........I take it pandora will need an update to fix this issue......it only effects the iphones who upgraded to version 4.0. I know this because when I purchased my 120Bt I connected my iphone 3gs and blutooth worked fine.....pandora showed me album covers and all functions worked and avic feeds worked just fine. I then updated iphone to 4.0 software and nothing worked properly.

Just got off the phone with Pioneer. They acknowledged there is a problem with this once you update your phone to the new OS. My reason to buy the update was for this app and how can they tell me to drive and use the app from the phone while its illegal to be driving and fooling around with your phone. Rep told me to just pull over...

Anyway, to get a refund on this junk, they need you to send in the Nav all at your cost, then 4 weeks turn around time. Sounds like they are doing all they can to avoid refunds. There is no date when the fix will be made available either. This is my last Pioneer purchase. They should have access to the new Iphone OS prior to release to ensure compatibility if they have licensing agreement with Apple.

You should have anticipated problems like this when upgrading your iPhone to a new OS. Pioneer just released Pandora Link to work with iOS3 barley a month ago and now your pissed because it wont work for iOS4? And to the point that you wont your money back for the 120 upgrade? Come on man! There are also a lot of other iPhone apps that wont work with iOS4 right now as well. Just give it some time, it will get fixed.

Here is my setup Z110 updated to Z120, i4 of course running iOS4. I start Pandora Link first and once it is all the way running I connect it to the z. I then always get the Album artwork and am able to switch to iPod/AM/FM and back to Pandora and still have the artwork. What does not work is when I take a call. At that point you have to disconnect and start Pandora Link again and reconnect. This can be solved by Pioneer by making the Pandora Link iOS4 compliant and using the background audio API's or some of the other API's to reconnect after a call.

BTW, I suspect that Pandora Link was not written by Pioneer but by Pandora themselves, hence the delay in getting an iOS 4 compatible version out. If you look in the store there is an identical app for Alpine.

Appreciate all the feedback on this and hands off to those of you with the patience.

Honestly I wasn't that upset when I ran into the problem until I spoke to the Pioneer rep on the phone. Its their attitude that got me so upset. At first they said just keep unplugging etc... then they said you need to pull over to do it... I was treated like it was no big deal and that my business and satisfaction had no meaning to them. I mean, if you just spent $200 on an upgrade and it does not work, plus they know it does not work, they need to apologize and provide some good solution. They should warn the buyers just as they did with the MSN direct... in advance when placing the order.

Honestly I wasn't that upset when I ran into the problem until I spoke to the Pioneer rep on the phone. Its their attitude that got me so upset. At first they said just keep unplugging etc... then they said you need to pull over to do it... I was treated like it was no big deal and that my business and satisfaction had no meaning to them.

Welcome to the club. This is nothing new with their sorry ass level of support, or lack there of. I really wish I knew who is in charge of their tech support department so I could lodge a formal complaint. Honest some of their support staff need to be fired. Especially this one jack ass I have had the displeasure of always getting the few times I have called them. I would really like to know who he is.