AVIC411.com

Avic Rebate ($200) - cash is coming in...

To those waiting on your rebates, I just got my check today.

I've never seen anything quite like it - it's just a check - no envelope - my address and name (for delivery). Guess that ensures many get 'lost' in the mail (I could have easily thrown it with the 80% trash that arrives daily in my box).

Keep a watch!

post-43028-12872762694957_thumb.jpg

I got a notice that mine was rejected. When I called them to ask why, I was told that it didn't fall within the right time period. I had a copy of the receipt, and I knew I had bought it in March, so I asked them what date they had for my purchase. They said "5/10", as in May 10th, which was indeed beyond the April 30th deadline. I looked at my receipt, which clearly showed "3/5/10" in two different places. Apparently they scan in the receipts, and for some reason the "3/" didn't scan in at least one of them. But they kept fighting with me.....as if that was a possible date without a year, right? It didn't make things any easier that this was a non-US based customer support center, and English was clearly the second language for all of them. But after a few minutes, a supervisor finally approved it. We'll see if I actually get it, though.

I got a notice that mine was rejected. When I called them to ask why, I was told that it didn't fall within the right time period. I had a copy of the receipt, and I knew I had bought it in March, so I asked them what date they had for my purchase. They said "5/10", as in May 10th, which was indeed beyond the April 30th deadline. I looked at my receipt, which clearly showed "3/5/10" in two different places. Apparently they scan in the receipts, and for some reason the "3/" didn't scan in at least one of them. But they kept fighting with me.....as if that was a possible date without a year, right? It didn't make things any easier that this was a non-US based customer support center, and English was clearly the second language for all of them. But after a few minutes, a supervisor finally approved it. We'll see if I actually get it, though.

Internationally, people use day month year - but that is sad it was a hassle...