AVIC411.com

OK, I must be an idiot, because I can't get this Music Sphere to work the way I want. After it Analyzes all of my music in my iTunes library, I then figured out you have to hit the "refresh" button to "make the play-lists", that didn't seem obvious, but oh well.

Then I had these play-lists of random music from my library, in iTunes, not my iPod. OK, I can drag the play-lists to my iPod, but that adds the new music to the iPod also, and I don't want that music on my iPod.

How can I get it to make the play-lists using the music on my iPod? This is the music I like, I have thousands of songs in my iTunes library, and I don't even like it all, and some is duplicates, and Music Sphere would put two of the same songs in the same play-list.

Can anyone help? The help file in Music Sphere sucks. I had the impression this was going to be a seamless and very useful part of the upgrade.

Wags

You can find all you duplicates in ITunes.... Believe it's File>list duplicates.... That way you can delete every other one....<--no need for more than one...

Sounds like you have a mess of a music library.... You need to get that straight before you refresh the MS app....

What you can do is just delete all the music in your library....<--be sure not to delete the actual music...

Rename the Itunes Music directory to whatever...

Sync your IPod and transfer purchases...<--it "SHOULD" recreate the ITunes music folder...

Then just add that new ITunes Music folder to your library....<---file>add folder to library

Then refresh the MS app and you should be able to use/sync it's playlist wih the music from your IPod...

Then after that... create a new playlist and call it IPod Music(or whatever you want) and drag all of your new(IPod) library to it.... Then, copy all the other "random"music from the old(renamed) Itunes Music folder into the new one...

then again, add that folder to your ITunes library...<--file>add folder to library....

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work, I thought iPods, and iTunes were supposed to be easy.

And yes, I do have a mess of a music library. I used to use Music Match Juke Box, and I loved it, but of course Apple has there own unique way to do everything, so I need to change how I synq my music. Thanks for the help, I will not be home for a while, so will have to give it a try then.

Mark

• 1 month later...
It is easy.

What's easy? Is there a simple way to have MusicSphere just use your iPod or iPhone library instead of the full iTunes library? I've got about 100gb iTunes library, I'd like MusicSphere to just organize the 10GB or so I have on my iPhone.

No.... it doesn't appear so....

The most I've managed to get in MS, is 1057 songs... about 5.9 GB...

You could select your IPhone library and select file>library>export playlist...save it to your desktop or something.... then, temporarily delete all your music out of your Itunes Library...<--be sure not to delete the actual music(keep files), just remove it from your ITunes Library...

The select your ITunes library(music) and select file>library>import playlist.... select your exported IPhone playlist(.txt file)... once finished, get album artwork, re-synchronize Music Sphere... and sync...

Sucks.. but it is a work-a-round for now.... Until Pioneer adds the capability to chose which folder/playlist to sync with...

No.... it doesn't appear so....

The most I've managed to get in MS, is 1057 songs... about 5.9 GB...

You could select your IPhone library and select file>library>export playlist...save it to your desktop or something.... then, temporarily delete all your music out of your Itunes Library...<--be sure not to delete the actual music(keep files), just remove it from your ITunes Library...

The select your ITunes library(music) and select file>library>import playlist.... select your exported IPhone playlist(.txt file)... once finished, get album artwork, re-synchronize Music Sphere... and sync...

Sucks.. but it is a work-a-round for now.... Until Pioneer adds the capability to chose which folder/playlist to sync with...

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. Not that big a deal, I guess, but still...

Also, If I just drag the whole MusicSphere folder to my iPhone, MusicSphere doesn't see it. I had to individually drag all the lists, then it worked fine. There must be some easier way, no?

There must be some easier way, no?

This is a Pioneer developed app. You're lucky it works at all.

:lol:

It's almost great, really. So it is the case that you have to drag all the individual lists then?

Why not just use the ITunes "sync" interface... and check the MS folder that way? Instead of dragging them over?

post-11718-12872763279898_thumb.jpg

I decided to check this feature out after having my X920 for almost 2 months now, I had it analyze my files last night...or should I say STILL. I started it at 7:30 last night and when i left for work this morning at 7:30 it was through about 3900 of my 6600 files. I really hope this isnt required often because I will never use it again if that's the case obviously.

I decided to check this feature out after having my X920 for almost 2 months now, I had it analyze my files last night...or should I say STILL. I started it at 7:30 last night and when i left for work this morning at 7:30 it was through about 3900 of my 6600 files. I really hope this isnt required often because I will never use it again if that's the case obviously.

What kind of computer are you using? Hardware?

Also, after it's initial analysis, it doesn't take but 10 minutes or so, to "re-analyse" if you add multiple albums...

You're also going to want to check the most available tracks per playlist.... I only was able to sync 1057 tracks or so...

I "THINK" if you set the option to create continuous tracks, you can sync more... But that's gotta suck, being that you can't skip over tracks....

This was on a laptop that I do suppose could use an upgrade. Regardless, it ended up analyzing about 4500 of my 6600 songs. I synced up my phone, and on my next trip out last night i fired up Music Sphere. My honest opinion is it was an enourmous waste of my time. Seriously, LOUNGE was one of the categories and it was filled with Rap I never even knew I owned, CALM had songs that were clearly head banging hits. My GF and I sat there sifting through all the categories commenting on how truly "Off" the whole musicsphere app was. This may work great for some folks but to me it's just taking up space on my iphone for worthless playlists I will never listen to. It was fun to try and I really just wanted to see all of the features the 920 had to offer, but I'm going to stay away from this one.

• 3 months later...