AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

Abb.I think long press on the speed camera sign would be perfect for adding a push pin :D I have yet to add a speed camera myself but i am sure lots of others have!

Ok, thanks Colin, I will definately take that into account!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I have just downloaded the new 2009.12 TeleAtlas maps and for the record, they now have signposts galore!! They even have signs that were not present with Navteq maps.

Damn, I just installed those new TA 2009.12 maps, still no lucks for signposts in my area, I still have to use NT as a matter of fact.

Abb, Do you know whether speed limits for Canada have been added to the newest NT maps?

Well, I have just downloaded the new 2009.12 TeleAtlas maps and for the record, they now have signposts galore!! They even have signs that were not present with Navteq maps.

Damn, I just installed those new TA 2009.12 maps, still no lucks for signposts in my area, I still have to use NT as a matter of fact.

Abb, Do you know whether speed limits for Canada have been added to the newest NT maps?

The signposts are now on all major highways identifying the exits. Every exit now on the 401 has a highway sign identifying the exit. No, speedlimit signs for NT. Not much has changed for those maps

Here some suggestions for the UK / EU version

1) Change the color of the freeway signs into blue ( RGB= 32,40,96)

2) Change the traffic alarm signs in Europe signs (red-white instead of yellow) bmp in common 746_32_OM_506_24.bmp and 746_32_OM_507_24.bmp.

3) Bring position of the speed limit sign lower (15-20 pnts) Now is almost against the elevation sign.

4) Central the numbers of the speed limit better. Now they are left of the center.

5) Change the white color of the text in the traffic information events. The background at this place is almost white so this text is very difficult to read. The Road number is also white but this one is ok, so you can leave it for what is.

6) For so far I know in Europe we don’t have the MSN version. So you can change that button for the TMC / traffic information button

Where can I get the latest maps (TeleAtlas and Navteg)?. I have the 2009 version.

Jimbo

2) Change the traffic alarm signs in Europe signs (red-white instead of yellow) bmp in common 746_32_OM_506_24.bmp and 746_32_OM_507_24.bmp.

Red background with white or white bacground with red icons?

6) For so far I know in Europe we don’t have the MSN version. So you can change that button for the TMC / traffic information button

When you click on the MSN button, does it link you to the TMC info? In other words, is all I have to do is change the name from MSN to TMC?

When you click on the MSN button, does it link you to the TMC info? In other words, is all I have to do is change the name from MSN to TMC?

Abb i think you can select the traffic icons in sys.txt.(i just deleted the 2 at the end of the following:

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

ref the MSN icon ,this takes you to a sub menu which then has a traffic icon. pressing this brings up the TMC information.

Abb i think you can select the traffic icons in sys.txt.(i just deleted the 2 at the end of the following:

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

ref the MSN icon ,this takes you to a sub menu which then has a traffic icon. pressing this brings up the TMC information.

2) Probably you can do also on that way, I used BMP : 746_32_OM_501_24.bmp and 746_32_OM_505_24.bmp and rename them.

6) Exactly as Overball described.

Well, thats easy, so the icons just have to be renamed and the MSN icon just needs to be renamed TMC, and all is good with those. It baffles me though that the MSN button will take you to TMC because the coding is direct for MSN. Oh well, if it works, it works :roll:

ok just got the new TA maps and the Navteq maps... now this is what Im gonna do... let me know if this correct ok?

first NT maps.. im gonna create a folder called map_nt then im gonna put the Canada file and the base map file in that folder.. and probably the new york Vermont and Maine states if I have room(if I dont Ill delete some southern states from my TA maps) so that should do it for the NT maps,

now on to the NEW TA maps.. first I save all my older maps as is on a sd card.... now I just overwrite the Canada one and the states that I want... or do I have to do the whole thing.. can new TA maps work with older maps...at the same time?or is it better to just delete all the maps and just copy all the new ones in...???

will the easyrider that is in your mod work abb(3.0) work with all this new stuff? and do I have to do something to the license file?

I remember putting a new easyrider in a few mods back but I forget what one it is... if I need a new one is there a special one I need?

thanks,,

ok just got the new TA maps and the Navteq maps... now this is what Im gonna do... let me know if this correct ok?

first NT maps.. im gonna create a folder called maps_nt then im gonna put the Canada file and the base map file in that folder.. and probably the new york Vermont and Maine states if I have room(if I dont Ill delete some southern states from my TA maps) so that should do it for the NT maps,

Correct, but I would stick with just Canada, ny, and vermont

now on to the NEW TA maps.. first I save all my older maps as is on a sd card.... now I just overwrite the Canada one and the states that I want... or do I have to do the whole thing.. can new TA maps work with older maps...at the same time?or is it better to just delete all the maps and just copy all the new ones in...???,

To avoid getting a 'out of space' error, I would back up what you need, then delete them, and then add your new TA maps that are required. Dont forget to have your basemap.fbl file in there.

will the easyrider that is in your mod work abb(3.0) work with all this new stuff? and do I have to do something to the license file?

I remember putting a new easyrider in a few mods back but I forget what one it is... if I need a new one is there a special one I need?

thanks,,

The latest ezrider with the latest license file will work

ok thanks.. how do I know if the easyrider and licence file I have will work.. I did a serch for them here and I cant find a file listed that I can DL..

I cant see how a mod or the guy who runs this site would not think of puting up nice how too,, and a location to find all the files .... it could help save alot of usless posts like this...

thanks for your help abb AND chuck....

So that is it? Nobody else want to vote for smartzoom? Looks like that Abb's mods has been downloaded far more than 6 or 7 times ...

Please do so, whether you like it or not. Your opinion counts to make this forum better :D .

The link is here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33698&p=227277#p227277

Sorry I'm a little late on this, but I prefer the smart zoom. I turn it on when I'm navigating and then turn it back off when I'm not so I can see the sky.

ok THANKS to ABB, chuck and ovalball for the help.... I can now switch to Navteq, AND TeleAtlas maps fine(bit of a long reboot though) and I am happy..... I didnt fubar my avic.... I too cant get the TA maps to show freeway signs for Montreal , BUT they do for Ontario, the Navteq maps do for both provinces it was cool seeing them pop up on my flyover to New Brunswick.....(NT maps)with the TA maps they only show up in the Prov of Ont. go figure...... anyways thanks again...

now.....I got the NEW Premium POI's 2009_12 from navi total, and is it only just putting them in as is in my POI folder on the avic (after saving my other ones and deleting them....???