AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

[if I was doing any more updates to it, I would actually make the smartzoom like the 3.0 version, sorry!

Well, you don't have to remove the smartzoom in V2.75 since this feature is already there. If anyone does not like it, all they have to do is to disable it in the setting, like you do all the time, or slide the bars all the way to the right at 90 to achieve the same effect.

You can't really make it the same as in V3.0 since there is no operable smartzoom in V3.0. I think that in Diaftia's mod, although it is TRULY a great mod given the number of followers, in my humble opinion, the work was not properly finished in the smartzoom area when comparing to IDT's smartzoom. If he really wants to see only the sky, then all he has to do is fixing the smartzoom settings and delete the smartzoom from the menu selection altogether.

Anyway, you don't have to be sorry for that, it is your mod after all, so you are free to do whatever suits your taste. And I can understand that.

Cheers!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still somewhat of a nubee with the mods. I have a question about my disk size. Has anyone got the message telling them the disk size is too low to finish coping all the files needed for ABB's v3.25? I searched around and didn't see any mention of the message. I did notice some of the members talking about removing POIs & maps they won't be using. Is this the best way to get disk space back to complete loading this mod :?:

I did notice some of the members talking about removing POIs & maps they won't be using. Is this the best way to get disk space back to complete loading this mod :?:

Make space first, then load the data, and yes, that is the way to gain space for these mods

Thanks for the reply Abb, I found the files for speed cams here, http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25846&p=198426&hilit=3+0+speedcam+data#p198426. I will install them in a little while. Thanks Again!

I went to load these files and found out that they are all ready there, so i am thinking the speed traps and such are just something that was available for 2.0. Does anybody know if there are anymore databases we can add. If so let me know, in the mean time the search continues. Abb, again your mod is truly unbelievable. The more I mess with it the more features i find. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Abb, I found the files for speed cams here, http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25846&p=198426&hilit=3+0+speedcam+data#p198426. I will install them in a little while. Thanks Again!

I went to load these files and found out that they are all ready there, so i am thinking the speed traps and such are just something that was available for 2.0. Does anybody know if there are anymore databases we can add. If so let me know, in the mean time the search continues. Abb, again your mod is truly unbelievable. The more I mess with it the more features i find. Thanks!

They are definitely available. I have them running with my 3.25 mod. They must be enabled in the settings, I believe they are called warnings. once you turn them on, you have to press on the settings (wrench) and pick how they will act and which warnings you want. Do a search on warnings, or if you knew how to set them up in 2.0, it is the same.

Hi, I just updated to firmware 3.x successfully using: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32351

but now unable to copy this mod to the Flash drive due to size limitation.

Flash drive is now listed as 1.8 gig in properties and dont see why I cant copy over all the files(~35mb). I have also tried deleting the existing User files first (M Flash Disk\User\Userdata\IGO)

Any other folder that are safe to delete ? (temp) ?

My method for getting into testmode is placing the non-AV mod files and testmode folder on my SD card letting it boot into testmode. Is this the correct ?

appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Hi, I just updated to firmware 3.x successfully using: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32351

but now unable to copy this mod to the Flash drive due to size limitation.

Flash drive is now listed as 1.8 gig in properties and dont see why I cant copy over all the files(~35mb). I have also tried deleting the existing User files first (M Flash Disk\User\Userdata\IGO)

Any other folder that are safe to delete ? (temp) ?

My method for getting into testmode is placing the non-AV mod files and testmode folder on my SD card letting it boot into testmode. Is this the correct ?

appreciate any advice. Thanks.

This is nothing, just wait until you want to install my GFX folder with new schemes. They total about 150 mb. To make space, I would suggest going into 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/Content/map' and then start deleting maps and poi's (in the POI folder), that you will never use, such as Alaska. If you delete Alaska, and it's POI, you should have enough space to install the mod.

Well guys, again, I need your thoughts. I am having a rough time as to what I can add or improve on this version. I am looking at putting up a couple more items in the 'Applications' menu. The main new one is to be able to backup your Data, yes, your entire 'Flash Disk' with the press of a button in your NAV program. I am testing this out now and so far it works great. keep in mind though that since your Data is 1.5 GB in size, it will take an hour to back it up, but at least it will be flawlesly backed up. Here are some pics with whats new:

This is for a total backup which should only be done before installing major updates or firmware revisions as this backs up EVERYTHING! Let me know what your thoughts are!

post-32106-1287276323497_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763235873_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763236795_thumb.jpg

post-32106-1287276323736_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763238238_thumb.jpg

hey abb, back up to sd will be a great addition to this mod. you have really thought of everything! this is the best mod so far. is there a way you would be able to change the all the text, the turning arrows and the speed on the navi to white? this would just match my and i am sure others interior better than the yellow, especially those of us that have red cars! i have already tried to make the changes to the navigateui800_400 file myself but i keep getting errors when i install it. i guess it is something only true modders can do. IDT helped me last time but he isn't around right now. if you have time a lot of us would appreciate it! thanks

is there a way you would be able to change the all the text, the turning arrows and the speed on the navi to white?

Can you post a pic with the everything circled. There is text all over, and most of it is white, and there is multiple turning signals. I tried to put the currect speed to white initially at first, and even with a high glowsize, it was still washed out in most 'day' schemes. That is why I went with the yellow