AVIC411.com

Installed CNDV-1000HD on <June Z1 Now No Bypass!

I recently installed the CNDV-1000HD on my Pioneer AVIC-Z1. The Z1 was made prior to June 06. I have a 2-TR7 bypass installed that used to work perfectly. After installing the CNDV-1000HD, my bypass no longer works. Does this turn my unit into a post June 06 unit and need a different bypass??? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Interesting,

So let me see if I understand correctly:

1) The new CNDV-1000HD update from Pioneer (2010 Maps) will break any soft-mod from the previous version, correct?

2) The "2 wire bypass mod" STILL works with the new CNDV-1000HD update on the Z1/Z2/Z3, correct?

3) The new CNDV-1000HD update installs without a Key/password/unique serial #?

I have the Z1 that I have upgraded to a Z3 w/ the 2009 Maps, and I also have the 2 wire mod, so I just wanted to ensure that the new CNDV-1000HD update will be fully compatible with my setup, and I will not end up loosing my bypass.

Thanks!

P.S. sethdogg81, aside from the loss of bypass, how do you like the update, is it a major difference/improvement?

Interesting, thanks.

Once more question: What if after the new CNDV-1000HD is installed one were to make an Acronis image of their AVIC HD, would that allow this update to be used without any codes?

Also, for reference, seems like you CAN order and get this right away for $100 from Amazon, see HERE

Interesting, thanks.

Once more question: What if after the new CNDV-1000HD is installed one were to make an Acronis image of their AVIC HD, would that allow this update to be used without any codes?

Also, for reference, seems like you CAN order and get this right away for $100 from Amazon, see HERE

Yes, the drive can be imaged after the update as long as the drive is unlocked and not stock.

Thanks garrettoomey,

I think that since my Z1 has a lot or music, destination info and addresses that I am better off buying the CNDV-1000HD from Amazon (see HERE) and doing a "clean" upgrade from my setup.

I just hope I do not run into any problems as my Z1 has a non-stock HD (unlock fixed) with the stock Z3 image done through an Acronis dump when the Z3 came out. I do have the 2 wire mod tho so hopefully I will not loose any functionality...

You guys thing this will work just fine?

I just called the amazon seller from your link, and they are NOT in stock and they do not have an ETA :(

Your upgrade option should work fine. If your drive is already unlocked, then you can email me about possible upgrade options.

LOL, I just found the buy link, did not check availability, but thanks for doing so. I am sure if we pre-order we get it as soon as it's available, plus $20 cheaper then direct from Pioneer...

I am curious as to what "upgrade" options you are referring to with my drive? It is not the stock drive, I think I still have the stock HD somewhere, but it is locked by the Z1...

I replaced the stock HD with a Toshiba 60GB 5400RPM drive before my initial Z1 to Z2 "upgrade" in December 2008 and I disabled the ATA locking on it before installing it. The upgraded 60GB drive has worked flawlessly BTW since 2008 with not one freeze or reboot, it is currently running the "stock" Z3 image, and it is model # MK6034GAX

• 1 month later...

theres so many different threads kinda hard to track down the right one. but anyways, i have a z1 post july with a 2 wire mod. i also have cndv 1000hd disc on order. its on back order by the way. but when i do get it will it mess up my bypass? i also wanted to update my gracenote, will that also mess up my bypass. im confuse about disabling the security and stuff like that. all i know is everything is how it was out the box beside the 2 wire mods. thanks gurus.