AVIC411.com

Cracking the Z110/20BT: F10/F20BT included? Region changing?

You read to read all the posts - from my understanding, a Z110 *can* be upgraded to F20 - it's just a case of loading those files instead (???).

Not sure if anyone has actually done it though (you are right - price is cheap here...).

Yeah i saw you made that conclusion in a prev post rrolff, and it might be that way, and that would be great! But i have only read about uppgrading the nav from f10 to f20 and z110 to z120 and not about beeing able to install other/extra maps from EU/AU regions on a z110?

But as you say, maybe the enabler is just to apply those f20 upgrade-files on a "ShortFused z110bt"

what do you guys think? im not asking you to try it :rolleyes: (just suggesting :P)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOD COMMENT: I just wanted to offer a huge congrats to valued forum member ShortFuse. Over the last several months there have been numerous members claim they could do what he has done only to never b

The key file here is RenewalIFLib.dll from the APL directory.   Decompiled with Desquirr:   AL_AUTH_Operation::PassAttestation(ushort const *) 10002648 _PassAttestation_AL_AUTH_Operation__QAA_A

WOAH!!!!!!! It worked!!!! I'm updating it now.

Posted Images

True Ron.I have to take that into consideration, and i think i can live with that. I guess SD-cards and iphone will make that dvd-unit somewhat redundant.

Another question: If you look at Pioneers USA-page the "CNSD-110FM"-sd card holds USA/CANADA maps.In the EU-pioneer-page that same sd-card "CNSD-110FM" holds EU-maps it says! Is it possible that the "CNSD-110FM" actually holds ALL(eu/usa/au) maps? and that the maps are selected depending on unit-version?

Reason i ask is that i saw that the "CNSD-110FM" you can download as a torrent contained all the eu-voice-languages also, and this torrent-file is supposed to be the american version i guess(?)

Reason i ask is that i saw that the "CNSD-110FM" you can download as a torrent contained all the eu-voice-languages also, and this torrent-file is supposed to be the american version i guess(?)

The torrent is indeed the American version, I think you may be onto something there. We would need to unpack all the map data and see what's in there to confirm.

I took a deep breath, and tried the hack on my F10BT (EU). And it worked :) I was able to install the hacked US 1.001 , then the EU 2.0 update with a random password.

Thanks ShortFuse for the hack!

It seems, that the application part is the same for both variants.

The only strange thing is that after I tried to install the 2.003 update, it still says 2.0000 although it copied the files, and it seemed that it finished correctly (reseted / restarted itself as it should). If I try to reinstall the update, nothing happens.

The unit seems to be fully functional, so it's fine for now.

But did you ever try to upgrade to f20bt via the cnsd-110FM card? this firmware upgrade didnt bring you the new gui, right?

no offence, but what did it bring? sure you got it, as it still says 2.000?

Another question: If you look at Pioneers USA-page the "CNSD-110FM"-sd card holds USA/CANADA maps.In the EU-pioneer-page that same sd-card "CNSD-110FM" holds EU-maps it says! Is it possible that the "CNSD-110FM" actually holds ALL(eu/usa/au) maps? and that the maps are selected depending on unit-version?

If you download both updates, you will see, that the map content is completely different. As I already mentioned, only the application is the same (this explains why all languages are available in both)

But did you ever try to upgrade to f20bt via the cnsd-110FM card? this firmware upgrade didnt bring you the new gui, right?

no offence, but what did it bring? sure you got it, as it still says 2.000?

With The v.2.000 update I succesfully installed the new GUI too...

By the way, the 2.003 upgrade was indeed succesfull, only the application info screen says it is still 2.000 (probably this is only a platform version)

In testmode the application version is displayed correctly as 2.003

So to your question: it brought new maps and new GUI (I don't like the new GUI, but there was no choice if I wanted actual maps, which are actually still a bit outdated...), the 2.003 brings although no noticable change

My Ipod Touch will not play pandora unless im in a wifi location. how does it work?

From what I know, an Ipod Touch doesn't have a cellular chip/antenna.... So you cannot pass any data when wifi is not present....

Or am I behind on things?

Seems pretty straight forward to me though....

?

I check back on this thread from time to time but it seems that alot of it is off topic besides the hacked update. Are we currently still working on how to access files to unpack file data. I know current progress is going to come from the service menu as we can insert file data but without decrypting anything were still at stand still. I know alot of people are interested in free stuff but Im looking forward to maps updates that make the navigation as useful as portable units :)

If you download both updates, you will see, that the map content is completely different. As I already mentioned, only the application is the same (this explains why all languages are available in both)

With The v.2.000 update I succesfully installed the new GUI too...

By the way, the 2.003 upgrade was indeed succesfull, only the application info screen says it is still 2.000 (probably this is only a platform version)

In testmode the application version is displayed correctly as 2.003

So to your question: it brought new maps and new GUI (I don't like the new GUI, but there was no choice if I wanted actual maps, which are actually still a bit outdated...), the 2.003 brings although no noticable change

ok! thank you flash for your feedback! I havent been able to locate the EU maps on the internet yet though.

yeah i saw that 2.003 update had 4 minor updates. A correction of a misspelled word in the spanish language pack was one of the fixes :rolleyes:

So my question to this is.. Does this mod work 100% If I do the crack exactly right, will it upgrade my z110bt to the z120bt w/ the upgraded maps? I have the torrent from a long time ago, right when it was uploaded.. I'm worried that if something jacks up, I'll be sitting on a $1300 paperweight. Thanks guys! I did look through the whole topic, but it seems as if theres a lot of bricks getting made and a lot of confusion.