AVIC411.com

Step by step update from z110bt to z120bt

I'm having this issue as well. It tries to restart the process to update automatically in a loop until i manually eject the sd card. any ideas?

Yes, you're doing something wrong!

How could we possibly know what with so little information. You didn't even say which update you are trying. This thread is titled "Step by step update from z110bt to z120bt".

Assuming you mean the 1.001 update, start over with a different SD. Do the original Pioneer v1.0001 update first - with no modified files. If that works, install ShortFuse's files into the correct directories in the SD and do it again. With his patch, the verion should be v1.002 (or was it 1.003, can't remember).

If you can't get the plain old Pioneer v1.001 to work, then:

1. it is already installed

2. you aren't following the instructions correctly

3. user SD is bad

4. your AVIC is broke

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, you're doing something wrong!

How could we possibly know what with so little information. You didn't even say which update you are trying. This thread is titled "Step by step update from z110bt to z120bt".

Assuming you mean the 1.001 update, start over with a different SD. Do the original Pioneer v1.0001 update first - with no modified files. If that works, install ShortFuse's files into the correct directories in the SD and do it again. With his patch, the verion should be v1.002 (or was it 1.003, can't remember).

If you can't get the plain old Pioneer v1.001 to work, then:

1. it is already installed

2. you aren't following the instructions correctly

3. user SD is bad

4. your AVIC is broke

haha. i fall into the stupid category of #2 for installing the patched v1.001. I was putting the RenewalIFLib.dll file into the first directory instead of the APL directory. everything went smoothly when I followed the directions. :) thanks ShortFuse!

OK, issues here...I followed the instructions to a "T" and cant get past the first part. What am I doing wrong?

You should now have two folders with files now in the c:updates folder.

c:updates1.001000 This has lots of files and folders in it.

and

c:updatePioneer.Z110BT.Upgrade.Unlocker-ShortFuse This will have three files in this folder

Im not ending up with 2 folders in the "update" folder that I added. Im ending up with...

1 folder (avicz110)

1 file (EU090APL.VER)

the read me file and RenewalIFLib.dll

inside the Avicz110 folder is plenty of other things but not the shortfuse file

I have repeated the process over and over but no luck. Maybe its how Im extracting it?

I click the download links/save/my desktop

after both have finished dl'ing I right click them winrar opens and I choose to extract them to c:update

Thanks in advance, dont beat me up here!

OK, issues here...I followed the instructions to a "T" and cant get past the first part. What am I doing wrong?

You should now have two folders with files now in the c:updates folder.

c:updates1.001000 This has lots of files and folders in it.

and

c:updatePioneer.Z110BT.Upgrade.Unlocker-ShortFuse This will have three files in this folder

Im not ending up with 2 folders in the "update" folder that I added. Im ending up with...

1 folder (avicz110)

1 file (EU090APL.VER)

the read me file and RenewalIFLib.dll

inside the Avicz110 folder is plenty of other things but not the shortfuse file

I have repeated the process over and over but no luck. Maybe its how Im extracting it?

I click the download links/save/my desktop

after both have finished dl'ing I right click them winrar opens and I choose to extract them to c:update

Thanks in advance, dont beat me up here!

you're just extracting the files in the folder within the zip. the 3 files (EU090APL.VER, RenewalIFLib.dll, and Read Me) are to be in their own folder according to HIS directions. this part doesn't matter so much as it is just organization. what IS important is that you move the RenewalIFLib.dll file into the APL directory of the AVICZ110 folder. if you do it correctly it will ask you if you want to replace the existing file. say YES. do the same for the EU090APL.VER file except this will be on the ROOT of the folder AVICZ110. once again, if done correctly you will be prompted with the request to replace it. say YES. Then, drag the AVICZ110 folder onto the SD card. voila!

you're just extracting the files in the folder within the zip. the 3 files (EU090APL.VER, RenewalIFLib.dll, and Read Me) are to be in their own folder according to HIS directions. this part doesn't matter so much as it is just organization. what IS important is that you move the RenewalIFLib.dll file into the APL directory of the AVICZ110 folder. if you do it correctly it will ask you if you want to replace the existing file. say YES. do the same for the EU090APL.VER file except this will be on the ROOT of the folder AVICZ110. once again, if done correctly you will be prompted with the request to replace it. say YES. Then, drag the AVICZ110 folder onto the SD card. voila!

Success! Thanks so much. now on to the OS update...stay tuned, this could get ugly! Thanks again

Hi, two things:

1: I am trouble finding seeds - or maybe I'm not doing it right - is anybody else having issues?

2: I did the first 1.000 to 1.001 but it still says 1.000 on the info screen

Any help would be great

Regards

#1 - Can't help you there.

#2 - Did you follow the Pioneer update instructions (pdf file on Pioneer web site), step 5? This has been covered here many times . To see the internal version number:

•  
  • Press the “HOME†key
  • Select the “Settings†tab
  • Select “System Settingsâ€
  • Select “Service Informationâ€
  • Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information†screen for a few seconds

If it doesn't say:

•  
  • PlatformVersion: 1.001000
  • Application Version: 1.001000

then you didn't do it right. That is, unless you used ShortFuse's patch, in which case it would be 1.002000

Don't forget, when updating the Bluetooth Firmware, your Bluetooth must be ON. If it is OFF, the "update firware" button will be greyed out.

I just finished the upgrade and installed the Version 2.003 that I downloaded from Pioneer Website. Now just to refamiliarize myself with the unit's interface. Can't wait to get back to the states so I can start using the Navigation unit. Currently in Turkey and using a stand alone Garmin Unit for the mean time. Too bad the AVIC-Z120BT doesn't use Garmin Maps. Those are all hacked.

ok, i have something confusing me. the SD1 file has 4 parts to it. opened 2 of them with winrar and they are both about 3.6GB with the same files inside. do i only use part one? or did something not DL correctly?

SD2 only has the one file in it. not multiple parts. so no confusion there.

You only need to extract the 1st file with WinRAR. It will know it's a multi-part archive. If you do all 4 parts individually, you WILL end up with 4 identical folders. Just choose 1 folder and delete the rest.

I did the same thing and it had me confused too.